Ict Away: Re-scheduled For Mon 18th Jan (3rd Time)

Stuarty

We've currently got a spare Friends Fare ticket on the go which you're more than welcome to take, if you don't mind listenning to myself, Mitch, Speedie, Yabbas_Turd, Malky79 etc slebberring shit for three hours!

PM me if you fancy it mate.

I'd be surprised if your travelling by train for three hours... Replacement coaches likely between Perth and Inverness on account of yesterdays train derailment at Carrbridge. Anybody who travelled similar when the line was blocked for engineering works will be well versed on the pain in the arse the journey turned into... No matter the tactic used, it's drier than a nuns clunge too! First confiscation of booze was around the corner from Perth Station and continued all the way northwards.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the train will be back on for the weekend, the derailment was because of the ice, it was an empty transporter train, it hit ice on the track and as there was no weight in it, it jumped off the tracks and part landed on the embankment. As far as I know no actual damage to the tracks

A bird just phoned my work and said the train from Perth to Inverness isn't running :lol:

Aye but thatl be to do wi the derailment last night and they cant run busses as the a9`s closed, I reckon as long as all day friday + sat are ok the game will be on. Caley say the pitch is fit to play on now + they have undersoil heating + covers,plus the area around the ground is mainly ash car parks + the road so as long as roads + transport are ok the game will be ok

I also heard that the A9 is closed.

Road south out of Inverness was shut this afternoon, although if they fail to get the A9 open before Saturday I'd suggest the Artic has moved several hundred miles south.

It's all if's and buts's at the moment but at least some common sense has prevailed and pay at the gate is an option.

No troubles with road closures at all for me today on the whole A9 from Stirling to Perth and Perth to Inverness stretches. Dunno what it's like over the Kessock bridge right enough. The road was passable, and certainly nowhere near as bad as the worst I've driven on it in.

aye it's been warmer in Inverness than it has been in Motherwell of late. I'm pretty confident the game will go ahead. Took a wee drive past caley park this morning and the approach road and car park are fine, and the pitch is green.

I think the train will be back on for the weekend, the derailment was because of the ice, it was an empty transporter train, it hit ice on the track and as there was no weight in it, it jumped off the tracks and part landed on the embankment. As far as I know no actual damage to the tracks

I'd be surprised at that, as it's tail end of the panto season I'd go as far to say "Oh no it wont". For a class 66 locomotive to have jumped track and travelled as this has, I'd expect substantial damage to track infrastructure. Investigations will be ongoing with unlikely conclusion due to the heavy snow and ice and the likelyhood that the heavy lifting plant cannot get to the locale as told to me by my ex-colleague at Notwork Rail as he thought I'd be booked for this Saturday. Route north of Aviemore has been closed until further notice, which isn't so bad for our train travellers.

When was this?

And, perhaps more importantly, are you running a bus?

Replacement bus service between Perth and Inverness methinks...

Should have called my dad, he hasn't seen a train crash before

We do have a bus, at half the price of the association buses too if the rumour is to be believed. Young Alan has taken the reigns, but, it's over subscribed as we speak! C'mon the Archie Knox Loyal and you knows it!