Ict Away: Re-scheduled For Mon 18th Jan (3rd Time)

Stuarty

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More ticket office fun at Fir Park!

I'm not going to take the "fucking idiots" line but just back from a trip up to Fir Park to get tickets for next Saturday to be met with the shutters down, so not overly chuffed.

Wasn't alone in querying why it was closed according to the boy in the club shop when I tried in case they were selling them in there.

1000 - 1300 so sayeth the official. Couldn't have been any later than about 1230 when I tried.

I don't drive so that's the old man done a circuit from Chapelhall to Bargeddie to Motherwell and back again for what proved to be nothing.

So was it open at all? Have they shut early?

Clearly still some issues to be addressed I'd say when this comes only a couple of weeks after the problems surrounding Rangers ticket sales.

1000 - 1300 so sayeth the official. Couldn't have been any later than about 1230 when I tried.

So was it open at all? Have they shut early?

Clearly still some issues to be addressed I'd say when this comes only a couple of weeks after the problems surrounding Rangers ticket sales.

I was up at 12 and it was shut then. I went into the club shop and the guy checked the internet which still stated open 10 - 1. He phoned through for it just to ring out.

I appreciate it has been snowing but I drove out from Glasgow to get tickets and the roads were fine. We're only the fans though.....

Yeah, just checked the official which states the ticket office will be open from 10 til 1 on the 2nd of January.

Poor show indeed. Mistakes happen but it must be a sore one to be wasting time and petrol money on the journey.

Dear all,

I have been made aware in the last half hour or so that the ticket office closed early today after my instruction that it should be open till 1pm.

I will find out why this has happened and post to advise. This is wholly unacceptable and my apologies first hand to all. I am really annoyed that this has happened, particularly after the recent issues surrounding the Rangers game and my reassurances to you all thereafter.

For those who were inconvenienced, please contact me on leeann.dempster@motherwellfc.co.uk and I will personally make sure you have your ticket/s purchased and delivered in the manner that suits you.

Leeann Dempster

I've succumbed to checking forecasts in Inverness and whilst there are a few days according to the ever changing BBC forecast that it gets above freezing during the day there's minimum overnight temperatures of around of between -7 to -10 across the week.

I suppose the undersoil heating should sort the pitch out but its the roads and car parks that could snooker it.

What would help would be if the club's have arranged an alternative date should it be postponed is that they publish it as soon as possible so folk can made better judgements whether they want to buy tickets - and save trying to get reimbursements - whilst at the same time giving those who will still want to go (probably in midweek) a chance to book days off etc.

Lifted this from a post on the ICT equivalent of this forum.

"I suppose the next question the weather may pose could be over this coming Saturday's Scottish Cup tie against Motherwell. Realistically, even if there isn't a significant thaw, it would really require another hugely badly timed big dump of snow to bomb this one out."

That looks good as there is no snow forecast, other than some light snow today/tomorrow.

Looks like Jack and Victor might get to put a team out in January :D

Lifted this from a post on the ICT equivalent of this forum.

"I suppose the next question the weather may pose could be over this coming Saturday's Scottish Cup tie against Motherwell. Realistically, even if there isn't a significant thaw, it would really require another hugely badly timed big dump of snow to bomb this one out."

That looks good as there is no snow forecast, other than some light snow today/tomorrow.

Looks like Jack and Victor might get to put a team out in January :D

Sounds promising but I have resigned myself to this being off. Hope they make a decision fairly early. Would USH even work at temperatures of -10?

Game's not gonna be on anyway!

My thoughts too. No let up in the cold snap of recent weeks, if anything it's got colder during the day. Snowing heavily again as I speak, although I'm not in Inverness we do tend to share similar weather paterns............though not as much rain.

I can see the playing of this fixture a repeat of last year's Inverurie antics. :nod:

My thoughts too. No let up in the cold snap of recent weeks, if anything it's got colder during the day. Snowing heavily again as I speak, although I'm not in Inverness we do tend to share similar weather paterns............though not as much rain.

I can see the playing of this fixture a repeat of last year's Inverurie antics. :nod:

Hotel and transport booked for seven of us, so it may turn out a day in the pub Big Man. Just like Inverurie.

Might see you there

Cheers

Albie