Ict Away: Re-scheduled For Mon 18th Jan (3rd Time)

Stuarty

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scottish Cup ties face big freeze

It will take a mammoth effort to clear the Ross County pitch

The icy weather is almost certain to force the postponement of many Scottish Cup fourth round games this weekend. Sixteen ties are scheduled, but the sub-zero temperatures mean more than half are already in doubt.

It will be the third week in a row that Scottish football has been almost wiped out by the wintry weather.

Only two games went ahead on Saturday, with Falkirk's Scottish Premier League match against St Johnstone called off just 80 minutes before kick-off.

The forecast is for the freezing weather to continue into the weekend, making it almost impossible for clubs with no undersoil heating to make their pitches playable.

Morton's home tie against Celtic is one of those in doubt. Officials at Albion Rovers, Forfar Athletic and Ayr United are already all but resigned to their games being postponed.

Treacherous conditions mean there is also no guarantee that cup games at Scottish Premier League grounds will go ahead.

Despite the pitches being playable, SPL games have been called off because of police concerns about public safety.

The Scottish Football Association say they will wait until midweek before considering the effects the freezing conditions might have on the fixtures, but promise there will be no repeat of the late postponement at Falkirk.

The latest a pitch inspection can be scheduled for a Scottish Cup tie is four hours before kick-off.

With Scottish football being hit hard during the coldest winter for 25 years, lower league clubs are to share £1.5 million to help ease the financial strain caused by the continued calls-offs.

SFA chief executive Gordon Smith said: "I must emphasise that this is a discretionary payment and is made on a one-off basis taking account of the financial position this year."

Clubs in the South and East of Scotland league will receive £7,500 each, with senior sides getting more.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...ups/8439941.stm

Not too sure mate - forecast for Friday doesn't look great!

Should the game be postponed due to the bad weather, a re-arranged date of Tuesday 12th January (kick-off 7.45pm) has been set.

'Flow

That should cut the 'Well support by about 80% if that's the case. Fingers crossed it's on. Can't remember the last time I missed a cup game, but I won't be making the same ridiculous preparations for this one as I did for Inverurie. If it's not on on saturday, I won't be there.

I hope this now makes life easier for all.

Our apologies that the ticket office closed early on Saturday. I did say earlier that I would come back to you all and tell you why so I'll be honest and say that it should not have happened and that is was because of poor communication internally. I had said the office should open till 1pm but it was picked up differently - totally our fault.

I have been contacted by a few people who had come over for tickets on Saturday so we are responding and apologising...

On the game itself, I have spoken directly with ICT today and they have advised that the ground is ready, pitch is playable etc - it will now all be down to what the weather does in the next few days but at this stage the game is on. Earliest update we will have for you will be Thursday so please what the main website.

Leeann

Great news on the pay at the gate situation.

I was planning on just giving it a miss as I didn't see the point in spending time and money getting a ticket for a game I don't think will be on, but now I could be tempted to jump in the motor and drive up (conditions permitting!) on Saturday if the game's confirmed as going ahead!

The cash gate is brilliant news and I'd also be able to make the rearranged fixture.

BUT, I can't see how if the game is off on Saturday that it'll be on 4 days later, especially at night when it'll be colder at that time of day.

Here's hoping for Saturday!

Great news on the pay at the gate situation.

I was planning on just giving it a miss as I didn't see the point in spending time and money getting a ticket for a game I don't think will be on, but now I could be tempted to jump in the motor and drive up (conditions permitting!) on Saturday if the game's confirmed as going ahead!

We've currently got a spare Friends Fare ticket on the go which you're more than welcome to take, if you don't mind listenning to myself, Mitch, Speedie, Yabbas_Turd, Malky79 etc slebberring shit for three hours!

PM me if you fancy it mate.

We've currently got a spare Friends Fare ticket on the go which you're more than welcome to take, if you don't mind listenning to myself, Mitch, Speedie, Yabbas_Turd, Malky79 etc slebberring shit for three hours!

PM me if you fancy it mate.

Cheers for the offer mate, but I cannae really afford anything more than just the petrol money at the moment! And even then I'd be looking to recruit a few bodies to chip in! :wallbash: