January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Hamill available for loan

Fingers crossed we are one of the SPL clubs that have made enquiries.

Would bring a great balance to our team having O'Brien down the other wing.

Would that not give us the 2 wingers that were in the relegated Dunfermline side of 2 years ago? No thanks.

I'd be hoping MM brings a couple of more experienced players in. If one of them were to be Simon Lappin, then that would be fine n dandy!

So those two players are by default rubbish then? One Liverpool still seem to want to keep and has seemingly down well in his loan spells and the other we have whether we like or not anyway but what nonsense logic.

Did I say they were rubbish? I said I would like a bit more experience in the team rather than another young player.

And I would bet a lot of money that Adam Hamill will never play another 1st team game for Liverpool.

Did I say they were rubbish? I said I would like a bit more experience in the team rather than another young player.

And I would bet a lot of money that Adam Hamill will never play another 1st team game for Liverpool.

No you implied it. You didn't fancy having two wingers from a relegated Dunfermline team twas what you said. Hammill be very lucky to get a game at Liverpool but that is a good thing if we have any interest.

I'd take Lappin in a second also but I'd not rule him out if Norwich had been relegated last season. Also he not played a competative minute of football all season, Hammill at least been involved so bit less experienced maybe but at 21 not a raw kid either I can't see a reason to rule him out out of hand.

Would absolutely love it if we could bring either Lappin/Hammill to the club, even if they are only loan deals.

Was absolutely gutted that we couldn't tie Si up to a permanent deal after his loan period was up. Was always impressed with his performances, not once did he disappoint. He may not be flash and may not catch the eye (in a way that McCormack would). But, he did the sensible thing always, simple thing with a good bit of creativity. Set pieces were immense. And well St Midden fans said his delivery was top notch, they certainly weren't wrong.

Hope behind the scenes we are in negotiations with Norwich, but due to Roeder getting sacked the new manager, may want to keep the entire squad and make his own judgments. So, therefor I can't see Simon leaving, unfortunately in this transfer window. That sacking has came at the wrong time for our hopes of signing Lappin, I reckon.

As for Hammill, was the MAIN reason that Dunfermline even dragged themselves into some sort of contention to stay up the season they went doon. He was also the main reason they managed to get to the Scottish Cup Final that year. Very impressive, and well caught the eye of a lot of people with performances for both Blackpool and Southampton. But, in that Sky Sports link, it does indeed say other Championship clubs are interested, if that is the case then as we know from Webster and Kennedy we simply can't compete. So, expect him to be in the Championship. Not to mention there are probably bigger SPL teams than us that must surely be interested, with bigger budgets, e.g. Hearts, Hibs, United.

Would love to see either or both, but likelihood it shall be neither..

14 days into the transfer window, and still no team/squad improvements. Not as if these problems or the transfer window appeared overnight!

Whats the chances that we get to 1st February with no signings other than the loaned goalie, and then receive a bid we cant refuse for one of our so called better players.

So what has happened to this mega McGhee hit list? Who's dragging there feet?

Well lets see what transfers have actually been done in Scotland? Inverness picking up a few players that can't get a game anywhere else, Falkirk signing a partially fossilised Pressley, Hamilton signing a few Old Firm kids and Colin Cameron moving to Arbroath on loan.

We're really falling behind. :woop: Gie the man a break. People moan when he names targets that are then picked up by Championship teams and they moan when he's doing business quietly.

I posted a link to the BBC in the Chris Porter thread regarding some comments about the Hearts rumours. McGhee also goes on to mention a bit about transfer activity, including that we put a bid in for Kaka too but couldn't afford his 500k per week wages...

:woop:

BBC

Port Vale star Joe Anyon could be set for a move to Scotland after a couple of SPL clubs were strongly linked, skysports.com understands.

The highly-rated 22-year-old goalkeeper could move north of the border for nothing at the end of the season, should he opt to leave Vale Park.

A number of Premier League and Championship clubs also continue to scout Anyon - who has already played nearly 100 first-team games for Vale.

Vale, now in League Two, know they will find it hard to keep hold of one of their prized assets and could cash in on him this month instead of risking losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

Dundee United and Motherwell are now believed to be heading the chase for Anyon and the fact they could land him for nothing in the summer is sure to be a big appeal to the Scottish sides.

i would love it if we could bring stuart elliot back to the ark.He cant get a game for doncaster and has joined grimsby on a one month loan deal.he is only 30 and is just the player we need his delivery was spot on and he pitched in with a few goals too Elliot down the the left O'brian down the right what do you think of that? :D

If he can't get a game at Doncaster and is having to go to Grimsby to play then I'd imagine he has lost some of his attributes that made him such a good player. Perhaps his delivery isn't what it was or he doesn't have the fitness to get into crossing positions any more, whatever it is I don't think he'd add too much.

Gordon Greer is out of contract a Doncaster in summer, always thought he was a big solid centre half. And Alan McCormack is out of contract this summer at Southend as well apparently.

If Porter is definately away,I wonder if we could do a similar kind of deal as we did for him and sign Andy Bishop from Bury, a 6 foot striker, out of contract in the summer, wanting to move up a level and a superb strike rate, so far this season he`s scored 11, with 23 last year and 23 or 24 the season before.

If he can't get a game at Doncaster and is having to go to Grimsby to play then I'd imagine he has lost some of his attributes that made him such a good player. Perhaps his delivery isn't what it was or he doesn't have the fitness to get into crossing positions any more, whatever it is I don't think he'd add too much.

The last I heard he has a rare asmatic condition so that he can only really play 70mins or so per match... I think he is focusing a lot more on his church life now too. Although he might consider a move back to Motherwell as there are only a few of his types of church in the UK and one is here.

He was a good guy tho... But not sure if he is what we need now...

Elliot was fantastic when he was here yet

Many fans say this but was he? Contacts at Glentoran warned us he was talented but very inconsistent and would play very well in about 1 game out of every 3 or 4 and be anonymous in the others. This view was subsequently verified by the then management at Fir Park.