Offside Goal

maxywell

He was there last night.

Saw him in the Centenary Suite before the game.

Bet ye fuck all is said or done about it. All he can do is cover his own back by quoting dates when replies were sent to previous complaints without ever doing anything about said complaint. He's as fuckin' bad for allowing it to happen when the evidence is right in front of him.

Watching it over and over again just gets me more angry. Compeltely onside, both Craigan and Forbes, no fouls, no nothing. All the Rangers players are pissed off as they have made an erse of it, Referee sees nothing wrong. Only person to blame is the clown linesman. We've been robbed of a famous victory not by anything that happened afterwards, but by this decision alone. Cheat.

I said last night I wasn't so bothered about the result because I was proud of our performance.

But when you see that decision on television replays you can't help but feel cheated.

I'm the first to say officials have a hard job and they probably take a lot of unfair stick from supporters who only see things through partisan eyes but when a decision is as clear cut as that one was last night you really need to ask questions of the officials in charge.

The linesman had a perfect view of the period of play. It was not a marginal decision and quite obvious to ANYONE that is was not offside.

When it's as blatant as that you simply have to ask the question "Linesman, are you a cheat or are you completely incompetent?"

It's not good enough that the linesman can hide away and not come under scrutiny for this decision. That decision could cost us a European place and deny the club hundreds of thousands of pounds.

We demand answers. I'll be sending an e-mail to the SFA.

You can try defend him all you want but this case is so clear cut even Donald Findley wouldnt take it on. If Forbes was inside the 6 yard box you could put it down to the linesman being a shitebag but this isnt incompetence, it isnt bottling, I am sorry to say it is simply plain cheating

I'm not trying to defend the decision but I will not accept for one minute that the linesman disallowed that goal on purpose "because he's a Rangers fan" or anything like that.

He has a split second to make the call and he got it badly wrong with that one.

MJC you talk pish!! That was as blatant a case as you'll ever see of an official wanting to help the Old Firm.

Well that's your opinion, but I disagree.

I just don't believe for a minute that a referee or a linesman looks at a decision like that and thinks to himself 'I'll just flag for offside here in order to help the big team'. They don't have the time to think like that anyway, it happens and then it's over in a split second and they don't have the benefit of a TV replay or anything like that.

you simply have to ask the question "Linesman, are you a cheat or are you completely incompetent?"

Yup, and the consequesnces are either you get sacked (and perhaps brought to justice for cheating) or you politely get shown the door for incompetancy.

Simple

Compare a 'professional' error of this magnitude to ANY other job. It is like a Pilot being simply unable to fly a plane and crashing quite often. Would he be allowed to continue in the job?

Why are football officials when they are either so utterly poor in the job of have an agenda in place to stop them doing it?

I think he's genuinely made an error of judgement, but I'd suggest that if a linesman or referee isn't entirely sure about a close call then they'll always err on the side of the old firm.

IF that goal had been given, and subsequently proven to be offside you can be sure that the media coverage of the incident and criticism of the official would have been a lot more intense than we have seen over this.

Something else that annoyed me about the incident was Walter Smith's interview on ESPN after the game. He said he couldn't tell from the dugout - which is fair enough - and would have to see the incident again. Again, fair comment. Now, Tom Hateley, Jim O'Brien and Craig Brown have all been shown the incident on a tv screen right next to the interviewer and asked for their opinion. Why not show Walter Smith the same incident on the same tv?

And while they were at it, show him the 21 players stopping playing and Kris Boyd kicking the ball away in an act of dissent which just so happened to end up in the net for that "goal" that he always brings up.

Compare a 'professional' error of this magnitude to ANY other job. It is like a Pilot being simply unable to fly a plane and crashing quite often. Would he be allowed to continue in the job?
That is a terrible analogy. It's more like, say, a striker sclaffing a shot every 15 or 20 attempts.

So how do i do this? Is there something we can all do about this together to get that linesman to fuck? I'm really pissed off about this!!! :P

i,how dae you do that?has somebody got a link?

people shouldn't just let this go,if enough people coninue to make a big deal of it somebody will eventually listen.

the linseman shouldn't be allowed to get away with it whether it was a mistake or cheating.

:mad:

I think he's genuinely made an error of judgement, but I'd suggest that if a linesman or referee isn't entirely sure about a close call then they'll always err on the side of the old firm.

Thing about this one, though, is that it was anything but a close call. Even blindfolded, anyone could see it.

I don't think he's a cheat in this case (though I do think that referees etc. get influenced by the media and crowds in favour of the old firm)

I think it was incompetence. He saw Forbes tap it in and thought, 'He must be offside.' He didn't actually know if he was because he hadn't been watching properly.

Anyway, linesmen are just wee nyaffs who want to act like big men and get noticed so that people will think they're important and they'll get on telly. They're usually itching to raise their flags. (Though they'll quite often keep them down incorrectly for the same reasons.) That guy was a midget mutant with wee man's syndrome like they all are.

Thats the thing, his split-secong lasted 2 or 3 seconds after the ball hit the net. I glance at the linesman before I started to celebrate (because I thought it was marginal from my vantage point in the back row of the East Stand in the section closest to the hnus) and his flag was down.

No getting away from this one, it was either incompetence or cheating.

Something else that annoyed me about the incident was Walter Smith's interview on ESPN after the game. He said he couldn't tell from the dugout - which is fair enough - and would have to see the incident again. Again, fair comment. Now, Tom Hateley, Jim O'Brien and Craig Brown have all been shown the incident on a tv screen right next to the interviewer and asked for their opinion. Why not show Walter Smith the same incident on the same tv?

And while they were at it, show him the 21 players stopping playing and Kris Boyd kicking the ball away in an act of dissent which just so happened to end up in the net for that "goal" that he always brings up.

Good point, and I think we all know the answer. They are shitebags quite simply.

I know Radio phone-ins isn't everyone's cup of tea but I hope there are a fair few 'Well fans on the night to lambast such blatant cheating.

Still fucking pig sick.

Apparently Radio Scotland with Jim Traynor last night was full of Well fans (and of course, Celtic fans) complaining about the decision...