Well V Ddee Utd (x2)

Welldaft Mk1

to beat united twice in 4 days is tremendous even if the game was pretty pish who cares were through. delighted

would love to draw the sheep and knock mutley out and have their fans spit on him again!

Mon the fuckin 'Well

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We seemed to lose our spark when wee Murphy went off. Anyone know why he went off? Looked like a head knock...

He seemed to land badly after a jump and did his ankle from the looks of it. Hopefully not too serious but if he's pulled the ligaments he could be out for a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed it wasn't too bad.

What about his sliding "challenge" on Humphrey, i was in the main stand and it looked like he would have maimed him if contact had been made.

An absolute shocker. Had he made contact Chris Humphrey would have been out of the game for months. A yellow card and if he'd made contact a straight red. Kenneth committed his first foul of many in the 4th minute. It was only justice that he gave away a needless corner that led to our goal.

to beat united twice in 4 days is tremendous even if the game was pretty pish who cares were through. delighted
Agreed. For a team with their away record over the past 17 months, to beat them twice in consecutive games is a good showing.

An absolute shocker. Had he made contact Chris Humphrey would have been out of the game for months. A yellow card and if he'd made contact a straight red. Kenneth committed his first foul of many in the 4th minute. It was only justice that he gave away a needless corner that led to our goal.

It was a shocking attempt to win the ball and wee Gollum deemed it fair and proceeded to allow United to take the throw-in. Does anyone else think that Gollum denied United a stonewall penalty in the first half when Scott Robertson was impeded? In the Cooper, it looked a stick on penalty to me!

Wee couple of pics from last night.

CISQFMotherwell1DundeeUtd0103.jpg

CISQFMotherwell1DundeeUtd0104.jpg

Wee bit of somebody's napper but as you can see, just before Gow sweeps the ball home Bauben almost scores a peach of an oggy which strikes his own player on the line.

There's been some banter elsewhere that they didn't bring too many down for the game (the number 128 was being mentioned). Any truth?

I would have thought about 600 - 800? More than Saturday anyhow.

Very disappointed in United - again they were over physical and didn't allow us to play any football. Any time we looked like doing so, our lads were hacked down or impeded. In David Robertson, they have an able successor to Mark Kerr - he lashed out any anything that moved. Still enough on United.

We deserved to progress and although we never hit the heights we did last Saturday we were ok. Probably our best players were Reynolds, Craigan, Jennings and Hately. Couldn't fathom out why Gow was played in the middle and Sutton on the wing though.

The goal was a bit of scramble but they all count. We also survived an almighty scramble in our 6 yard box. Due to much of the action being in midfield neither keeper had alot to do.

Upwards and onwards.

I would like to avoid either of the bigots in the semi, leave them for the final! The Sheep at Easter Road will do me fine, we certainly enjoyed our last semi final there!

As for last night, it was simply a case of getting the job done. United were better than Saturday, but only in the respect that it was harder to beat them. They offered little in the way of fitba, so on that score we deserved it.

Well for the cup!!

Big babyheid
:lol: he truly is awful is he no?!

I missed the first 17 minutes because of work but apparently didn't miss much. What I did see of the game was pretty turgid up and under stuff, but the main thing is we are finally back at Hampden!!! The players looked knackered and I think the crowd felt it too. I don't think anyone relishes playing the same team twice within the space of 4 days, which would part explain the flat atmopshere.

My concern now turns to the fact we may now be carrying a few injuries. Lasley, Murphy, possibly Jennings and Reynolds also who both looked to be hobbling at the end. In fact Reynolds was very brave in the stramash at the end in which he/we showed great commitment to keep it out.

I think we're a certainty to get one of the big two jobbies in the semi. I couldn't handle getting beat by a pish Aberdeen at this stage of the tournament.

I'm with milo. Getting beat by Aberdeen at the semi final stage would be a nightmare. In saying that beating them eould be one of the best football nights ever. St Johnstone or Killie. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not and we are off to Hampden them so be it.

Shite game. Good win.

Pass marks to all of the team who gave it their all against a merry band of hatchet men from the East. Levien and Houston should be hung drawn and quartered for their crimes against football.

I actually feel sorry for guys like Goodwillie. Bags of talent but forced to chase longs balls into nowhere and stuck up from with a total haddy in John Daly.

Goodwillie would be amazing in our team.

Poor game but good result! Jennings was man of the match for me, but certainly misses lasley being alongside him. Hate to have a dig, but does anyone think Tom Hately needs to come to terms that he's not a midfielder? If you watch him throughout the game he never ever marks of tracks runs, he just sits in the gaps waiting for the ball. Better at right back I think.

Reading the post match comments from Houston today, what game was he at last night? Certainly wasn't the one at Fir Park.

How Kenneth has ever made it as a pro footballer(I must use this term in the loosest possible sense) is absolutely beyond me. As Johnstone pointed out, I feel sorry for guys like Goodwillie, S Robertson and Gomis. All are good players who will just waste away the longer they stay at Utd.

Said it before and will say it again, Houston and Levein represent everything that is wrong with Scottish football coaching. The face of the enemy.

Couldn't fathom out why Gow was played in the middle and Sutton on the wing though.

I think it was a case of trying to win the diagonal ball and knock down to the centre. Sutton wins those just about every time. Unfortunately, our strikers took a wee while to catch on though!