Referee's To Go On Strike

delboy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is utter shite, was lookin forward to this game. Surely if a referee agreed to ref a game on the saturday he'll ref our game on sunday...hmm wishful thinking. But aye! - :whistling:

I don't think the day is the problem. The same lot of officials were due to take charge of the Hibs game - although the ref and 4th would be swapped - I think it is the same reason as the Polish!

Sky will be furious though if the SFA do not find a referee for us, as it's their match!

Live on Sky Sports News that the game WILL go ahead, it's just a case of who is going to ref it.

But the Hibs game being tomorrow looks like they'll find it tough to get a ref in on time, ouch.

Have/will we got the Undersoil Heating on... :whistling:

So did I gaag, but it's naw! I thought ESPN because of the fact it was a Sunday game (I thought SkySports was Saturday Afternoon).

The game has been a bogey for years, this latest fiasco has only confirmed to the football world just how bad we really are. :whistling:

tbf we're not the worst by far for it. Italian leagues battle strikes every season, the other 18 La Liga clubs are threatening to strike too... Macedonia have 12 clubs that have transfer bans etc.

tbf we're not the worst by far for it. Italian leagues battle strikes every season, the other 18 La Liga clubs are threatening to strike too... Macedonia have 12 clubs that have transfer bans etc.

Fair point. Although with only two teams capable of winning the SPL and the national team performing well below par, the overall future of the game in Scotland isn’t looking too bright. Other countries have problems, it’s just that ours seem to be getting progressively worse every year. I just hope for the sake of our game the SFA, Refs and the managers can get together and sort this recent mess out once and for all.

I think the breadth and variety of posts on this thread prove that no-one knows whats going on. The referees still haven't said what they want, according to the SPL and obviously no one here knows either. The refs seem to have withdrawn their services for good reason but are offering no solution, none at all. Also, the instigators of this crisis in the main are Celtic FC but the refs are quite happy to hurt many innocent parties in the main. By acting like this they stand to lose much of the support they have. They also have to realise that they too must up their game to earn more respect.

If the game goes ahead I wont be there as I would never cross a picket line....

It's not the fans that are "striking" though. I'm sure you're not offending any referee by going to the game. It's hardly even a strike anyway, just a protest. A picket surely implies that the party are making some sort of demand, the referees aren't! I can't undertsand why anyone wouldn't go to the game because they think there somehow breaking the referees picket line tbh..

does anything honestly think there will be a picket line at fir park on sunday? if there is, the buggers will have to tell us their what reasons for striking are. Mind you they could always mumble something from behind a wall :O

p.s. McInally and Adams of lower league management have had really lengthy touchline bans, and for alot less issues than those muppetss at Celtic Park

It's not the fans that are "striking" though. I'm sure you're not offending any referee by going to the game. It's hardly even a strike anyway, just a protest. A picket surely implies that the party are making some sort of demand, the referees aren't! I can't undertsand why anyone wouldn't go to the game because they think there somehow breaking the referees picket line tbh..

Each to their own. That's all I'm saying in the matter.