Aberdeen Site....

casey

oh look it's another one of those panic stricken topics about our manager leaving... These appear more often than gritting lorries! Unlike my car, get a grip lads. Deal on facts. not old wifey tales.

For what it's worth I heard from a source that Sturrock was the man they were going to appoint :whistling:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats a man of Browns age wanting to go move up to Aberdeen for. he doesn't need the money - he doesn't need that pressure either of going to a club that for some god awful reason seem to think they should be something. For the majority of my life Aberdeen have always been a bottom of the table side, bar mayby 1 or 2 years in the early 90's.

Who do they think they are, i hope they get relegated.

Right guys I'm no fishing or looking for an argument but I couldn't care less if Broon stays or goes ,anyone [players, managers etc] if they do a good job for M.F.C leaves for the bigger though not necessarily better job. Its always been that way and always will and I for one wont loose any sleep over it.

ok so here is my full opionion on this story, on one hand I hope he stays, when he came to motherwell i always hoped he would be somone who would stick with us till the end, through think and thin, i would like to think he would be the nice guy he seems to be and stay with us, especialy after he knows what happened with mcgoo and have enough emotional envolvment in the club to not put us though that same situation again, not to mention we are the club that brought him back into managment and if it wernt for us then he would still be watching the time go by as a pundit. HOWEVER. on the other hand, if he takes the job then i would feel no bitterness towards him, he pulled us up from the ashes and for that we should all be ever greatfull and respect his decision. he hasnt went hunting for the job and hasnt made us out to be a club worth less than aberdeen so if brown and motherwell do part ways then it would only be right for us to always see him as somone to respect.

Tweeted by PressSport at 17:55 this evening :whistling:

Had a couple of Dons fans on the phone about CB being linked to Dons post claiming he is meeting W MIller & S Milne in Glasgow 2nite....

Media pish it wont happen, Billy Stark will get the job, you could walk into the bookies and ask for odds on Jose Mourinho for the job and they will quote you but he wont be getting it. So pay no attention to who the bookies or STV etc think are favourites.

Anyway if Brown and Knox go we will get someone else and as long as they do a good job i don't care who manages the team. We could do a swap and get McGhee back :ph34r:

Media pish it wont happen, Billy Stark will get the job
You'd have to think if Stark wants it he will get it.

Anyway if Brown and Knox go we will get someone else and as long as they do a good job i don't care who manages the team.
Exactly. If we have a vacancy, you can guarantee there will be plenty of applications received. There are always more managers than jobs at the top level.

Tweeted by PressSport at 17:55 this evening :whistling:

Had a couple of Dons fans on the phone about CB being linked to Dons post claiming he is meeting W MIller & S Milne in Glasgow 2nite....

Cannae see auld Craigie venturing outside when the weather is like that! He'll be putting his feet up, slippers on, watching the Chimps league with a cup of cocoa.

aw dear , take a quick swatch over on pie and bovril, apparently brown can "bring in gow" and that they "could use mark reynolds as well" , their the most dellusional fans in the world, ther teams skint and they still think players and managers will bite willie millers arm off to get a move to the shiteheap that is pittodrie

I don't think that we can now ignore this story. Bookmakers know what they are talking about, it is their business too and the odds at the moment are strongly in favour of Brown. Reading the Evening Times article as well Brown by no means rules himself out as he has done so emphatically with previous links to jobs. As Well fans we have to accept that Aberdeen are a bigger club who can command crowds in excess of 15000+ when thinks are going well.

I was very lukewarm about Brown arriving with us but he has had a fantastic year and I would be sad to see him go. On the positive side Boyle has been shrewd when appointing managers so I am sure he could unearth another gem for us again. A big IF right enough and I really hope it does not happen.

I don't think that we can now ignore this story. Bookmakers know what they are talking about, it is their business too and the odds at the moment are strongly in favour of Brown.
True, but the odds are based on the betting volume too. So the more people that have a flutter based on the stories on the Aberdeen forum, or on Pie and Bovril, the shorter the odds become.

Hopefully Craig Brown will realise, (what many have failed to do so before him), that the Motherwell job is a fairly easy ride and that moving on very rarely means moving up. At the ripe old age of 70 does he really want the poison chalise that is the Manager's job at Pittodrie, and all the media grief that will come with it.

He doesn't even have anything to work with, their squad is utter kak - the worst I've seen, while their fickle fans continue to live 25 years in the past. I enjoyed Aberdeen's challenge to the Mauld Firm in the '80's but those days are long gone. They are going down-down-down.

It's a no brainer imho. The Dossers or the Sheepworryers ?