Working Without A Contract

dinnae-punt-it

I was listening to the phone in on Clyde last night and was getting more and more wound up with that muppet Derek Johnstone! He was saying it was Motherwell's fault for not having Brown on a contract, but who to say it wasn't Brown who didn't want a contract, just so he could walk whenever he wanted to. I'm sure Brown has even admitted that at his age he didn't see the point in having a contract and that a gentlemans agreement was enough. Nobody really knows the truth other than JB, Leeane D, Brown & Knox!

Derek Johnstone almost seemed to be revelling in Motherwell's misfortune on this one! Typical media......why do they hate us so much?

Motherwell and Brown & Knox did have a contract. If they didn't then I doubt Motherwell would have paid anything for their services. Unlike most other football contracts though there was no specific end date.

A gentleman's agreement and a signed contract in Scots Employment Law are one and the same (e.g. as soon as Brown agreed to be Manager for Motherwell for x amount a week/month there was a contract formed).

It's the media being fucking idiots again, not bothering to look up their facts (like they do everytime someone mentions some Jonny Foreigner playing for one of the Home Nations).

I was listening to the phone in on Clyde last night and was getting more and more wound up with that muppet Derek Johnstone! He was saying it was Motherwell's fault for not having Brown on a contract, but who to say it wasn't Brown who didn't want a contract, just so he could walk whenever he wanted to. I'm sure Brown has even admitted that at his age he didn't see the point in having a contract and that a gentlemans agreement was enough. Nobody really knows the truth other than JB, Leeane D, Brown & Knox!

Derek Johnstone almost seemed to be revelling in Motherwell's misfortune on this one! Typical media......why do they hate us so much?

Was it you that phoned in?

Only heard a couple of calls when I nipped out for beers, but I heard Derek Johnstone totally patronizing one of the 'Well fans, with his "I know Craig Brown personally and can categorically tel you that he DID want a contract" chat...

Fat fuck.

Why were they allowed to work without a signing a written contract when Jim Gannon was allegedly sacked when he refused to sign his?

Think that was just the most convenient excuse to get rid of JG, to be honest. If the stories floating around at the time were halfway accurate, there was more to it than that.

dempster asked to talk to gannon about something after the st johnstone game and gannon told her to fuck off and walked away. that was supposedly the straw that broke the camel's back.

i thought that was quite commonly known. wellayshire who used to post on here but right now may be in a brazilain prison sat with dempster and boyle on the train to the inverness cup game and got the inside scoop from them.

the media are fuds in this country. Quite happy to put the boot into our club. For some reason they continue not to want to put the boot into Brown for being a lying erse. Whats laughable is that some of those pundits would want to be part of our management team.

Craig Broon has too many pals in the meja for anyone of them to tell the truth about him --a lying old two faced get who will hopefully lead the sheeplovers straight to the first division :lol:

There was a contract of employment - otherwise what job did they resign from? Brown has made clear he was an employee.

Craig has also said in the media they didn't want to sign anything so there was a contract, they didn't sign it but that changes nothing at all.

This matters a bit because it will determine the amount of money Aberdeen have to pay and I would be amazed if Aberdeen don't have to pay something.

The bigger issue, as I have said on another thread is tapping. It was emphatically that and if it isn't dealt with it is game over the league. Every small and medium sized club needs to worry about this.

Gannon incidentally joined Peterborough quickly if you remember so there would be no issue with compensating a notice period as he was already in employment.

Craig said to the BBC that Milne knew he had to phone Motherwell. 'Craig told me not to' is not a defence.

The evidence is all out in the open and easy to follow. We cannot rely on pundits like DJ to think any of it through. We need to focus on the thoughtful media who have a brain and critical faculties.

I would encourage all of us to activate and get emails and letters into the sports pages on this tapping issue. Tell your pals and put the point on all the other club's websites. If it had happened to Celtic or Rangers we can be sure the media would be all over it!

Was it you that phoned in?

Only heard a couple of calls when I nipped out for beers, but I heard Derek Johnstone totally patronizing one of the 'Well fans, with his "I know Craig Brown personally and can categorically tel you that he DID want a contract" chat...

Fat fuck.

Nah it wasn't me. I was listening to it I drove home from work, so couldn't phone in, but the disrespect the media show our club is disgusting. Like someone else said, if this had happened to Celtic or Rangers there would be a media outcry! What Craig Brown has done over the last few days is appalling and disrespecful. The media aren't interested because it's only little old Motherwell.

BUT you know what, like after every other blow........we will keep on punching above our weight and might actually end up better off than we were under the two old sods!

We are Motherwell........

Did Walter Nosurname and the rest of the Rangers management team ever sign their contracts?

Don't see the media questioning that...

Nail on the head..........but since when have the red tops ever been objective! The media in this country are killing our game, make no bones about it. The incredibly ironic thing about it is, that the more they drag our game into the gutter, the closer they bring themselves to be out of a job! The less money there is, the less 'pundits' will be required. They thick bampots just don't see it.

The English media constantly talk up the English Premier League. You don't hear them bashing their own product. Continual media support is what has made the English game what it is.

When will the muppets learn?

Nail on the head..........but since when have the red tops ever been objective! The media in this country are killing our game, make no bones about it. The incredibly ironic thing about it is, that the more they drag our game into the gutter, the closer they bring themselves to be out of a job! The less money there is, the less 'pundits' will be required. They thick bampots just don't see it.

The English media constantly talk up the English Premier League. You don't hear them bashing Their own product. Continual media support is what has made the English game what it is.

Excellent post.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Moira-Gord...p?articlepage=1

Motherwell claim a contract had been offered to them but it is understood that was a draft document and the pair refused to sign. They wanted it tweaked and not because they were holding out for greater finance, although a bigger player budget would have been gratefully accepted, but because the document made it clear they did not have control of all areas of the football department
Due to issues between the youth section and a previous manager, the first-team manager's remit had been restricted. At a club where cash constraints means there is a major reliance on the youngsters coming through the ranks, this did not sit well with two wise old heads like Brown and Knox who believe that the manager should have control of all football matters

According to this article, they wanted their contract altered before signing so they could have control over all footballing aspects.

It leads to another question - what was the issue with a previous manager and the youth set up? It may be out there but I can't remember anything at the moment.