The Game On Tuesday Night

Taff

I can only agree with the folk saying that we didn't do enough to take anything out the game. We played some nice stuff until the last third then it all broke down. Enough has been said of that woeful referee performance so I wont bother typing stuff that's already been said.

The players lost their discipline due to the bizarre decisions in the second half which meant that an equaliser didn't look like happening. But I can't blame them - I would have done the same!

I find it hard to agree with folk that thought Kyle had a good game. On the way home Sandy Clark said he was "immense" and I almost crashed the car. Am I the only one that thinks that Hearts would be a better side without him? The 3 or 4 times they carved us open, he wasn't involved. When they play through the likes of Templeton or Skacel instead of punting the ball up the park to Kyle they look far more effective.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at the gym so didn't see the game, but just managed to catch the key moments on SSN. Hearts' first goal was bizzare, nice play from Gow for the equaliser, and it looked a clear penalty for the winner.

If the weather forecast is right and this weekend's games are affected, it could be good for Well: a few days to take stock and get back on an even keel as the search for a new manager begins.

Are referee's mikes recorded? I know they communicate with linesman, just wondering if conversations are recorded and if the microphones are constantly on. If so, then the club should challenge them to reproduce evidence of the alleged foul and abusive language. It's difficult to curse and swear to that extent without body language to go with it, and it's abundantly clear there was no swearing by Jennings. Merely a tiny tap on the shoulder, and it's just as clear the Ref took offence to being touched. That's what the red (and a straight at that) was for. Now, how can that possibly ever be a red card? FFS, a joke. And he must be slaughtered for it.

Might be good if the game gets called off on Sat. I fear the worst to be honest. Seen a few times Craggs shouting over at Youngy telling him to have a go at the forth official. some of the body lanaguage of the players at times wasnt right. A few we squabbles at times. Heres hoping they can pull it together for Sat.

Never seen a refereeing performance like that in my life. Jennos sending off is laughable.

The BBC reported.........

Midfielder Steve Jennings raced :unsure: after O'Reilly to remonstrate over the decision, but quite possibly may have used words to make your grandmother blush, as the man in black immediately pulled the red card from his pocket.

Raced ? FFS.

Some of the things you hear players shout during a game is x-rated and if everyone was sent off for swearing it'd be 2-a-side after about 10 minutes. Still don't think he did swear, Ref looked like he was just looking for any excuse and used that.

I was convinced that it was a dive for the winning penalty from where I was sitting it looked like he threw himself up in the air without a challenge on him. Then im hearing the radio say they think it was a pen. Fuck knows

didn't see the red card incident but aye the ref was dreadful - I haven't been this angry after a game in a long long time, disillusioned with football right now.

We lost the game due to Hearts stopping Murphy and Humphrey having any real impact and school boy defending from Reynolds and Craigan. Strange game

Jennings, in a normal world, will play on Saturday as we'll appeal and the SFA will see what the rest of the world did. What worries me is that Referees aint from this planet.

Isn't it £1,000 an appeal? If so we will just take our medicine and like it.

Was at the gym so didn't see the game, but just managed to catch the key moments on SSN. Hearts' first goal was bizzare, nice play from Gow for the equaliser, and it looked a clear penalty for the winner.

If the weather forecast is right and this weekend's games are affected, it could be good for Well: a few days to take stock and get back on an even keel as the search for a new manager begins.

Didn't fancy us tonight. Usually can't wait for the next game no matter the previous result but I hope Saturday is off. Get the new man in. That is the priority. A defeat on Saturday would be truly gutting.

Young didn't defend him on the radio which suggests he DID say something, but listening to his interview, it's clear the guy isn't ready to be a manager at this level.

Neither does he want to be.

Here fishy fishy :unsure:

Nice try mate.....

Seriously, I agree and I'm sure a few others will too.

Probably those who know good football and want a bit more than 'hoof it to the big man'. Gow was the best player in a Well shirt and I'm willing to argue that with anyone, no fishing.

Felt a little sorry for Reynolds at the goal, had he left it and Randolph doesn't get it we'd be slating him for not making an effort. Just one of those things. Good response to level with a terrific goal, but throughout you just had the impression that tosser of a Ref would do anything to ensure an away win.

For me it was one of Reynold's worst nights, maybe THE worst, in a 'Well shirt. I can forgive an og.......but he was a mile out with 95% of everything else as well. In front of the SKY TV cameras as well :unsure: This 'big move' might not be that 'big' come January. I am one of the people who doesn't buy into Alan Gow either.

How many games is Jennings missing. Two? Three? Possibly miss Aberdeen and Celtic (play against Rangers)?

that daft thing is, is it not the same ref who sits down and makes the decision on the appeal?

I can see Jennings being made an example off. They could not possibly do it against the old firm, but a wee diddy team........

Think you may be right. Mental.

Felt a little sorry for Reynolds at the goal, had he left it and Randolph doesn't get it we'd be slating him for not making an effort. Just one of those things. Good response to level with a terrific goal, but throughout you just had the impression that tosser of a Ref would do anything to ensure an away win.

imo it was a really poor decision to go for the ball when the goalie was always going to get it.craigan was poor as well although his passing was better than usual.humphrey was frustrating as usual getting into good position and wasting them far too often.

blackman's lost interest, more like Blackman was man handled all night, got no protection or service. He's a young guy, he cant be expected to do it all on his own.

The problem, once again, was that he was isolated and playing as a single striker against a big defence. Tactics and team selection to blame here, as it has been for much of the season.

A poor showing from Motherwell last night, the defence did not look comfortable all night, but we were manhandled and kicked off the park with no protection from an arse of a referee :nod: . Hearts were in our faces every time a well player got the ball and we could not deal with it, we did not get the ball wide enough, high balls to a defence as big as Hearts is hopeless, the few occasions we got in behind them we looked dangerous.

Blaming individual players is nonsense, that was probably our strongest 1st 11 and they all tried and played some good stuff at times, but we were up against probably the best on form team in the country just now, Lasley's goal was the first hearts had conceded in over 5 games.

I don't think we are going to finish 3rd this year but we are on course for 4th which will get us back into Europe. I dont think there were any bad performances last night, what dissapoints me though is that we did not make Hearts work for the win, 1 OG and a pen !! but considering that was our 1st game in over 3 weeks we done well. Best player on the park was Gow, his best performance in a well shirt so far, and a Keith Lasley goal !! that's a collectors item.

Onwards and upwards, mon the well.

Pretty pants all round last night if im honest, at least Hearts never scored a goal in open play, awfull defending at times and poor decision making pretty much cost us last night.

To be honest Hearts were not as good as everyone was making out, when it was One One, i honestly thought we would go onto to win the match, Hearts have distroyed everyone they have played lately but that was not the case last night it was pretty even untill Browns cousin (The Ref) has other ideas.

Still no worries, try and get it sorted for Aberdeen sat, that match would be (Priceless) my thoughts on last night would be Poor all round, you get the odd game when one or two players are off there game, but last night it was pretty much everyone.

Team selection for Sat match is now pretty straight forward now, i fear for Jennoe as they will use him as a example of the new tougher regime. On that front i thought the ref was going to do a Di canio sketch and fall over after that massiv shove from the massive Jennings! :nod: