Bookies Investigate Red Card

Mic2904

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen these kind of things before, it usually turns out to be someone completely different who you would never have suspected at the start. Jenno or the ref are too obvious, bad TV.

Seriously though, I'd be sick if our guy was involved, but would fucking love it if the ref was in on it.

Motherwell

On 1 July 2009, he signed for Motherwell in a one-year deal. Stephen scored his first goal for Motherwell in a 3–1 loss to St Johnstone on 26.12.2009 [1] In December 2010 Jennings was found to have got him self sent off in a game against Hearts, where friends and family bet on this outcome.

Someone already been changing Wikipedia!!!!

I don't understand many people sticking up for a player who, although it may turn out to be pish, may have got himself deliberately sent off whilst 2-1 down with ten minutes to play...

The ref was a joke last night and if it was fixed then there's every chance it was him who was responsible but Jennings was on a booking from early doors so it would seem a bit 'irresponsible', shall we say, to chase down the ref to complain about a good tackle in the box.

As for him treading carefully after being booked - to get better odds with ten minutes to go?

I hope Jennings hasn't done anything daft as he has been a cracking player for us and is the type of player who fast becomes a fan favourite but the instant sticking up for someone who may have contributed to losing a game has confused me a bit.

I've seen these kind of things before, it usually turns out to be someone completely different who you would never have suspected at the start. Jenno or the ref are too obvious, bad TV.

Seriously though, I'd be sick if our guy was involved, but would fucking love it if the ref was in on it.

If the ref was in on it the ba's burst.

The fall out might even mean the season being abandoned.

would be a rematch surely if it was the ref?

dont like the sound of this liverpool connection tho ....

Jennings was booked for his first challenge, and other players particularly Hearts players got away with worst. The referee's inept performance, and his clear dislike of Motherwell, last night made it obvious he was gonna send off a Motherwell player. I even turned to my mate and said "as soon as he gets the chance a Well players is off"

It was that obvious and you know what I'm only raging that I never got on to the bookies myself

Innocent until proven guilty.

That is true but in this instance there is a case for the prosecution.

As others have said, it would have been a very silly way to get sent off when he just needed to put in a mistimed tackle and it would have been seen as any other sending off. But if there is family and friends betting on him getting sent off - and it was a stupid way to behave on a booking - then it seems awfully suspicious.

Football is as corrupt as any other sport when it comes to the betting world and I hope nothing in Motherwell, or Scotland, has ever been 'fixed'... But it can happen.

Some of the bets were placed in Liverpool, not all. Many of the bets were placed in-match, although some apparently were made prior to the match, which is slightly strange.

It will be very interesting to see what happens, but its worth noting that nothing untoward actually occured.

would be a rematch surely if it was the ref?

dont like the sound of this liverpool connection tho ....

Says on ESPN only one bet from liverpool.

It is understood that several bets were put on a red card being dished out at Fir Park, including one from a new account opened in Liverpool, where a £500 bet was placed on a red card at odds of 10/1.

from here

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/853716?cc=5739

No way it was Jenno, Cheating cock of a ref nearly ripped his shorts pulling out that red card. Also players are not used to having the camera in the dressing room, we all saw his reaction.

After the cricket scandal was a nap that football would be next. The ref looked like he was wanting to send one of our players off. Look at the free kick.

Either the ref is a cheat, an incompetant arse or both