Bookies Investigate Red Card

Mic2904

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been blown way out of proportion.

Hands up all those at the game who knew something was going to happen whether it be a penalty or sending off. Theres been so many games that because of the performance of the referee that you just knew he would give something. On Tuesday night, it had to be against us. It was clear to anyone watching it on TV or at the game, we were getting nothing off him. I don't blame Jennings and he has done nothing wrong. He didn't act any differently on Tuesday night than he does any other game. He seems to have a reputation and thats why he gets booked easily. If it was say reynolds who put in the tackle that Jennings got a yellow for, you can bet someone like reynolds would have only got spoken to at most. In fact, after Jennings yellow, i was surprised that he hadnt given Craigan before him a yellow as well. I can't really remember craigans tackle but he was very angry and was shouting at the ref and protesting. If anything he should have been given another yellow but never a straight red.

The ref may not be a cheat but he's certainly a liar. He didn't send Jenno off for his language as the picturres clearly show him taking offence at Jeno's 'manhandling' of him. He's done the same as McDonald and changed his reason to cover his back.

That said he might yet be proved to be a cheat after this investigation. What annoys me is SSN are reporting that Jenno is under suspicion and that useless fucking article seems to be beyond reproach. He has more of a case to answer than Jenno IMO

Agree with all that - ref had the card out within seconds of being touched and when have you ever seen a straight red for the language that Jenno says he used!

If anything he should have been given another yellow but never a straight red.

If you're talking about Jennings then I'm sorry but you're wrong; as somebody has ALREADY POSTED, the offence for the crime of 'foul and abusive language' (swearing at the ref and calling him a cheat fits the bill) is a straight red.

Yet another example of the zillions of expert referees we have on here.

If you're talking about Jennings then I'm sorry but you're wrong; as somebody has ALREADY POSTED, the offence for the crime of 'foul and abusive language' (swearing at the ref and calling him a cheat fits the bill) is a straight red.

Including yerself

Oh the irony!

Well, whatever the rules (and we know the referee's make them up as they go along, one rule for some and one rule for others) I dont think foul and abusive language is a straight red. You see it on TV all the time when you lip read, they all swear to the ref so should they all be red carded?!?!

Jennings only said what the fans were singing all night so should we have been ejected from the ground??? :whistling:

Oh the irony!

Difference is am fuckin right! I don't come on and say "aww the ref clearly should've booked him" when it's in the fucking rules saying it's a straight red.

Well, whatever the rules (and we know the referee's make them up as they go along, one rule for some and one rule for others) I dont think foul and abusive language is a straight red. You see it on TV all the time when you lip read, they all swear to the ref so should they all be red carded?!?!

In theory, it would appear so!

Can I also just say that I 100% agree with you, it's fucking ridiculous that he's been sent off for swearin at the ref, but I'm just defendin the ref, who has, in my opinion, been unfairly criticised for what I thought was a decent performance.

Why isn't there a half dozen red cards in every match then? There should have been about 9 in the United v Arsenal game - not to mention Craigan being sent aff in the first ten minutes on Tuesday - followed by half the Motherwell team in the second half and Kevin Kyle.

Football is gonna be a 7-a-side from at least the 30 minute mark now :whistling:

And how do you know he used "foul and abusive language" - as this is a wide context - FIFA do not mention what "foul and abusive" language is. I believe the reason Motherwell are not appealing is because it's Jennings word against the referees. No one can prove what was or wasn't said!

Why isn't there a half dozen red cards in every match then? There should have been about 9 in the United v Arsenal game - not to mention Craigan being sent aff in the first ten minutes on Tuesday - followed by half the Motherwell team in the second half and Kevin Kyle.

Can't answer that, sorry. But, by the letter of the law, should refs be sending all these players off? It appears so. Obviously it's a fucking ridiculous rule, but it IS still a rule.

And how do you know he used "foul and abusive language" - as this is a wide context - FIFA do not mention what "foul and abusive" language is. I believe the reason Motherwell are not appealing is because it's Jennings word against the referees. No one can prove what was or wasn't said!

Jennings has come out and admitted calling the ref a cheat and swearing at him. You believe wrong; he's admitted using foul and abusive language and therefore there is no point in appealing. You don't shoot somebody, admit it to the police and then appeal it when you get the jail.

Difference is am fuckin right! I don't come on and say "aww the ref clearly should've booked him" when it's in the fucking rules saying it's a straight red.

Let's all stop quoting "the rules" cos it's not about "the rules", it's about the fair and consistent application of "the rules" and thats what is pissing people off.

How many players have received a straight red for that offence?

How many times has that ref shown a straight red for that offence?

If thats the rules then how many players should have been sent off this season already for that offence?

So stop talking about "the rules" and lets get real and start talking about whether or not that ref sent Jennings off thru the fair and consistent application of those rules....

Can't answer that, sorry. But, by the letter of the law, should refs be sending all these players off? It appears so. Obviously it's a fucking ridiculous rule, but it IS still a rule.

Jennings has come out and admitted calling the ref a cheat and swearing at him. You believe wrong; he's admitted using foul and abusive language and therefore there is no point in appealing. You don't shoot somebody, admit it to the police and then appeal it when you get the jail.

Law 12

Yellow Card: Dissent by word or action

Red Card: abusive language or gesture...

The same rule just worded different with a different punishment. It is up to the referee. The only difference between Jennings and others (barring Fletcher on Monday) was the fact he touched him on the shoulder)...

Let's all stop quoting "the rules" cos it's not about "the rules", it's about the fair and consistent application of "the rules" and thats what is pissing people off.

How many players have received a straight red for that offence?

How many times has that ref shown a straight red for that offence?

If thats the rules then how many players should have been sent off this season already for that offence?

So stop talking about "the rules" and lets get real and start talking about whether or not that ref sent Jennings off thru the fair and consistent application of those rules....

I might contradict myself a bit, but I completely agree. It's a stupid rule and if used properly then we'd be down to 7-a-side per game. All I'm trying to do is stick up for the ref a bit.

I was watching the Man Utd vs Arsenal game the other night (or some other recent man Utd game) Darren Fletcher was picked up by the TV mic, never mind the cameras talking to the ref and the assistant. "Haw! - he's a fuckin c**t! haw you ya fuckin c**t, where's yer fuckin flag?"

Oh how I laughed.

You see and hear foul and abusive language from playes and officials every single game. We've seen Rooney and any other countless others particularly remember guys like Kris Boyd, Scott Brown being highlighted on TV coverage 'clearly' being foul and abusive to officials.

By the letter of the law he was within his right to dismiss jennings - folk get that. but when it's been widespread in the game up to that point and the ref appears to tell him to get to fuck then folk are saying it's a bit harsh.

How many games do you see / hear someone booked for dissent - when quite clearly foul and abusive language has been used?

The point is that foul and abusive language is used all the time and people live with it - it goes unpunished more than it's punished.

If we went by the letter of the law every game of football would end up 2 players vs 2 players

I was watching the Man Utd vs Arsenal game the other night (or some other recent man Utd game) Darren Fletcher was picked up by the TV mic, never mind the cameras talking to the ref and the assistant. "Haw! - he's a fuckin c**t! haw you ya fuckin c**t, where's yer fuckin flag?"

Oh how I laughed.

You see and hear foul and abusive language from playes and officials every single game. We've seen Rooney and any other countless others particularly remember guys like Kris Boyd, Scott Brown being highlighted on TV coverage 'clearly' being foul and abusive to officials.

By the letter of the law he was within his right to dismiss jennings - folk get that. but when it's been widespread in the game up to that point and the ref appears to tell him to get to fuck then folk are saying it's a bit harsh.

How many games do you see / hear someone booked for dissent - when quite clearly foul and abusive language has been used?

The point is that foul and abusive language is used all the time and people live with it - it goes unpunished more than it's punished.

If we went by the letter of the law every game of football would end up 2 players vs 2 players

Fair dos, think that's where me arguin with everybody ends. The ref was right to send him off, but wrong at the same time.

I might contradict myself a bit, but I completely agree. It's a stupid rule and if used properly then we'd be down to 7-a-side per game. All I'm trying to do is stick up for the ref a bit.

All you're doing is showing how inconsistent the referee was. If you're saying rules are rules then that's fair enough but the referee can't then pick and choose when to apply them.

Sky Sports has Jenno in their sights obviously. Keeping this on the boiler today, guy on there says this investigation could take months to complete. In the meantime they're busy busy painting Jenno blacker than black by inferring he's involved. Not nice to have that hanging over him for that length of time.

gambling expert on sky sports news pointed out a few reasons why jennings' incident is suspicious:

- several bets placed in liverpool area (jennings' hometown).

- substantial amounts of money (£200, £500) bet on sending off.

- people tried to lift winnings from accounts as soon as game finished (most big

gamblers leave money in accounts