Bookies Investigate Red Card

Mic2904

surely the ref should be under investtigation. He is as much a suspect as steve.

Exactly what I thought, in fact his behaviour looks way more suspicious than anything that Jennings did.

If Jenno wanted to get sent off he could have went for two obvious bookings. Getting sent off for trying to attract the ref's attention was never going to be a guaranteed red.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why oh why has the ref not been investigated here also? Why have the SFA said SFA on the subject? He is surely as involved in any player? Are far as a "betting scandal" goes this is a total non starter with regards to Jennings guilt.

If Jennings or any other player wanted to get sent off there are much more cast iron ways on ensuring that happened. Other than a tap on the shoulder. Even if he did swear at him, I bet 90% of refs are willing to let that go.

The whole thing stinks, and has taken the emphasis away from focusing on how awful the ref was.....which is exactly the point methinks.

They should ban betting companies from providing all these markets right now.

Dont even know why they have these markets after seeing some of the stats on SSN as this story developed. In the last year bookies took over £950Million on this type of market (outside the usual FT/HT, etc bets) but actually made a total loss of about £150Million!!!! Normally a bookie wouldnt even blink if someone put £200 on a 10/1 shot but obviously they just dont understand this type of market or it is too open to abuse and they are not happy. How many 200 quid bets went on a 10/1 shot at Kempton this week in the most corrupt sport on the planet but no noise about that.

If I had the sense I would have stuck £200 notes on a sending off during that match if I had realised the odds where 10/1.

I dont really understand the problem that the bookies have. They heavily market in match betting, offer good odds, someone sees the advert for their site, likes the odds, creates an account and places a bet or bets.

Why do they think it strange that people in Liverpool or anywhere else for that matter would fancy a flutter, when the whole purpose of these websites is that people will want to do exactly that.

Sounds like they only think it suspicious if they lose.

The whole thing fucking stinks.

The betting agencies go straight to the press with sub judice details of when, where and how much - and force the SFA and the club into confirming that this is going on.

There's a fair bit of innuendo floating jenno's way - and very little on O'Rielly. There should actually be none on either of them at this point and this is purely down to the media - It's not right. Feeding that big wank Elliot an opportunity to rant about - well actually fuck all really - but hey he had a mic in his face so he ranted about integritey in the game and such like anyway.

So the betting agencies can throw this out there - something that may or may not amount to anything at all. they continue doing business, including whether anyone will fart in the next Man U game and jenno has to continue his career for the time being under a cloud.

It's not right I tell ya

I imagine Jennings will pursue a legal case.

Listening to the Blue Square fella on Radio Scotland last night left me in little doubt that this is a complete non-story.

Ridculous that this has been leaked to the media.

I'll second that. Having heard the comments of Pars fans this week, commenting on O'Reilly's performance at the weekend, I'm not surprised there was a sudden upsurge on a red card at 10/1. If I'd known how he interprets the laws of the game, I would have fancied a punt at that price myself.

Are the bookies looking for a scapegoat because for once - they got it wrong.

Jennings is innocent. So apologise.

I do think occasionally the bookies offer value in markets, that maybe as a fan I know more about than the odds compilers. For example, although saunders hasn't scored many goals for us (1, maybe 2?), he is an obvious threat at set pieces so at 33/1+ 1st goal, he represents far better value than a lot of others.

A friend of a friend of mine works for an Asian betting syndicate compiling stats on matches that they then use to pick there bets. I don't know much about it (other than it's one of the best, and definitely dodgiest jobs I have heard of), but presumably they use this to find hidden value in markets.

We thought jenno was goiing to get sent off from about 50 minutes, had I been watching at home, I'd have been on that bet!

First and foremost, I truly believe the Jenno is innocent/

BUT

if he was found to be guilty, what would be the consequences for both player and club?

And just to touch on another point. This case is similar to the Haye vs Harrison boxing match.

Haye told his family and friends to put large amounts of money in favour of Haye knocking out Harrison in the 3rd round. After the fight, Haye publicly came out and told the media that he could have finished Harrison in the first, but opted to leave it to the 3rd because he knew how much money his family and friends had on that certain bet, and ofcourse the large amount of money they would win back. So, is that not seen to be a 'scandal' aswell?

Basically, if the betting association are interrogating this case in particular, surley they are oppening a huge can of worms ? This is not just a one off, this is happening worlrwide!

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, SUPPORT JENNO TILL THE END !!

Blue Square have received very little public criticism for the way they've handled this wth the exception of posters on this Board, FPC and Tam Cowan. Their spokesman should not be making public comments about this and any further evidence. Questions also need to be asked about how this informaton became public and was acquired by the SoS. Was it a public letter, was it leaked by an employee of Blue Square, was it leaked by the SFA?

Chris Humphrey came out and said this should have been done behind closed doors unitil any investigation had been completed. In saying that I think they must have pretty good evidence for them to have gone public in the first place.

Maybe Jenno mentioned to his family that he fancied a longer xmas holiday and to get it all he had to do was get sent off. What's to stop one of them going out and putting money on a red card on the back of that?

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport...xtra.6665455.jp

Looks like this is not going away. Lets hope the further evidence is taking blame away from Jennings rather closer to him.

I read the full article in the paper this morning and it listed all the factors that allowed them to set generous odds on a red card in this game. No feud between the teams etc. It also said that the ref hadn't sent a player off since August.......he sent a player off in the Dunfermline game last Saturday for fuck sake. If thats the strategy they employ prior to games to determine odds and subsequently hang a player out to dry then fuck them. Innocent until proven otherwise.

The whole thing is beginning to bug me more and more.

Blue Square will have to prove that a Motherwell player said to a member of the public (or a friend or family member etc) that he intended to get himself sent off.

Even IF it gets as far as say linking calls on mobiles etc it means sweet fuck all.

Look at the scenario of a player talking to a friend or associate innocently on the day of a game. "How will the game be tonight". "It'll be full on - they're riding high and are a big physical team - we'ro out to prove we can still do it without our manager we'll be getting stuck right in" "Aye see ya later - enjoy yer game".

Now depending on whether the associate is a betting man their actions afterwards could go a number of ways depending on the odds being offered for a specific event.

The betting agencies and Blue Square should be taken to the fuckin cleaners here - they've cast doubt on a player and have said nothing to shift the spotlight of blame that their actions have given the media license to pursue.

If they want to be smart arses with their clever software / security alerts and the way in which they've followed this up by howling to the media at the first sniff of anything untoward, they should be banned from offering spot bet markets until the players name is cleared.

They should be in limbo for the same length of time as Jenno.

Wankers

well said Steve! great point. There may be evidence to link Jennings to the punters that bet. However the point is, in order for any wrong doing to have taken place they would have to prove that Jennings deliberately got himself sent off. Now how on earth are they going to do that??? 82 minutes in a game with 3rd palce in the SPL at stake?

he has been sent off several times before

Carried a yellow card for a long time in this game

time running out and ref having a howler

he had no control over getting injured or substituted

I'm sorry but this stinks of the bookies making an arse of it and loosing money and if your statement about them using wrong info to set the odds up ( ref not having sent off anyone since ?? ) is correct then they need to shut the hell up stick their head back up their arse where it obviously was before. it obviously must have been there quite a while judging by all the shite they are talking.

I still can'tunderstand why the referee hasn't been implicated in any of this. Why would Jennings do it for a couple of grand when he would lose the chance of a win bonus against Hearts, lose the potential for win bonuses in the 3 matches he's suspended for and probably also have to pay a club fine for being sent off for dissent? A stupid sending off could also damage his career. I's an awful lot to risk for a couple of grand. What did the referee have to lose?