Stuart Mccall Assistant

El Grew

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This takes the biscuit as if the appointment of McCall wasn't bad enough.

Black may be a lovely guy, although I have heard different, but this is really scraping the barrel. The man is nowhere near the standard we require he should be coaching at Bellshill Athletic at best or maybe even Stranraer, but he should never be anywhere near the SPL.

So to all the experts on here who clearly know how to run a football club, who would you have appointed as our new manager? Who would be your assistant? Which players would you be signing in the January transfer window?

I said earlier, it's time for a reality check. Administration wasn't that long ago that we can have forgotten how spending outside our means brought us to our knees. Look at the attendance on Saturday against Inverness - 3728. Inverness accounted for, let's be kind and say 200. How can Motherwell possibly be sustained on a home gate of just over 3500.

I'm sorry but that size gate, and the money generated is what gets you Stuart McCall and Kenny Black - and I mean no disrespect to them.

I'm not sure when it happened but the ugly evolution of a section of our support to whinging and moaning about everything that happens at Fir Park is becoming tiresome (with apologies to George Peat).

Because having contributed financially to the club for 35 fucking years gives me the right to criticise. Two or three years ago we were signing guys like Hughes and Porter. Have we really fallen this far down the shiter in three years ?

At a point in the club's history where we are struggling for fans through the gates, do you think appointing an inexperienced manager along with an assistant who's greatest footballing achievement is to get his team relegated is going to pack the fucking punters in ?

McCall said he wanted to appoint someone who had strengths where he had weaknesses, however, I'm struggling to see how Black meets that criteria. As a player, both were dirty b*stard midfielders therefore I'd have thought their strengths lie in midfield and in aggression. Also, going by the comments made by McCall regarding the appointment, I can't help but think that Black isn't his choice. Just my interpretation mind!

Still, best of luck to both of them, here's hoping they prove the majority wrong and I can't wait to see us set up with a 4-6-0 formation :ph34r:

Because having contributed financially to the club for 35 fucking years gives me the right to criticise. Two or three years ago we were signing guys like Hughes and Porter. Have we really fallen this far down the shiter in three years ?

At a point in the club's history where we are struggling for fans through the gates, do you think appointing an inexperienced manager along with an assistant who's greatest footballing achievement is to get his team relegated is going to pack the fucking punters in ?

Your question in bold - Yes is the answer.

While I do agree the new management team is not going to result in standing room only at Fir Park - who would you have appointed with the money we've got?

Oh and just a thought, what was Terry Butcher's record in management when he was appointed? Or what about Luc Nijholt - the answer to all our prayers.

FFS. :ph34r:

Terry Butcher was never sought out to be our manager. He was assistant to Eric Black, who left when we entered adminstration. He took the job at that point. Don't get the comparison.

Luc Nijholt has never managed Motherwell FC. FFS :ph34r:

If we hadn't decided to have massive financial cuts midway through the season.

Our management team would probably have been Craig Brown and Archie Knox and we would have carried on in similar vein.

Things happen in life and we get on with it! Doesn't mean we have to like it!

Hope they do well for everyones benefit, but some folks see this as a backward step and are genuinely worried for their club.

Whinging, tiresome, whatever. There it is!

Oh this really is a belter. As if we haven't all been pissed about enough recently by those two decrepit auld fuckwits and the merry band of sheep shaggers. Now wee have this pug faced, dirty Airdrie bastard being welcomed through our door. I wonder who will be brought is as goalkeeping coach... Mrs Thatcher? Although, some here would probably let that slide with the usual line of "that's our level now".

No "(nicey nicey) I don't mind who he is as long as..." I DO fuckin mind. It's not even like he's got a half decent record as a coach/manager and by some of the accounts I've heard he's a complete and utter c**t. And for anyone who drags out the "he was assistant for Scotland", I ask this, who was he assistant to?? Oh aye, that's fuckin right!!!

Fuck off Kenny.

Terry Butcher was never sought out to be our manager. He was assistant to Eric Black, who left when we entered adminstration. He took the job at that point. Don't get the comparison.

Luc Nijholt has never managed Motherwell FC. FFS :ph34r:

Makes no difference whether Terry was sought or not. He was appointed with a poor prior record in management and was not warmly welcomed by many fans at the time. That's the comparison.

And yes smartarse I know Luc Nijholt has never managed Motherwell, I mention him as he is continually put forward by all the so called experts on here as the man who will lead us to the promised land. What has he done in management?

I'll draw you a diagram or some lovely pictures next time so that it's easier for you to follow.

So to all the experts on here who clearly know how to run a football club, who would you have appointed as our new manager? Who would be your assistant? Which players would you be signing in the January transfer window?

What about a manager who's extensive cv doesnt read: played for da rangers and managed a league 2 team down south doing the square root of fuck all with them.

Affordable candidates off the top of my head (not that i would personally be jumping for joy if any of them got it, but perhaps be more optimistic than i am now)...Calderwood, Laszlo, Adams, Stark

Assistant? How about someone who isnt a total dick...infact, scratch that, be a dick all they want but have a degree of competence....Throw Black into the Hegarty/Malpas mix of stange wee men who are fucking hopeless as managers but deemed good coaches(even though nobody would have them outside these shores because they are mind fuckingly backward in their approach)

Players? English players are starting to click that our football is utter garbage, to the point they'd rather play with Fleetwood Town, so lets look down into our own division one. Plenty of players more than capable of dealing with regular SPL football. Decent manager, decent contacts, savvy with finances and a good wheeler dealer. If McCall's unable to do that to a satisfactory level then he should never of been hired in the first place...Time will tell.

The last six weeks have left me with the impression that Derek Weir is on some sort of one man crusade to bury the club with his input into the shite decision making going on. McCall, naw.. Black, naw... 10 team SPL, naw.

What about a manager who's extensive cv doesnt read: played for da rangers and managed a league 2 team down south doing the square root of fuck all with them.

Affordable candidates off the top of my head (not that i would personally be jumping for joy if any of them got it, but perhaps be more optimistic than i am now)...Calderwood, Laszlo, Adams, Stark

Assistant? How about someone who isnt a total dick...infact, scratch that, be a dick all they want but have a degree of competence....Throw Black into the Hegarty/Malpas mix of stange wee men who are fucking hopeless as managers but deemed good coaches(even though nobody would have them outside these shores because they are mind fuckingly backward in their approach)

Players? English players are starting to click that our football is utter garbage, to the point they'd rather play with Fleetwood Town, so lets look down into our own division one. Plenty of players more than capable of dealing with regular SPL football. Decent manager, decent contacts, savvy with finances and a good wheeler dealer. If McCall's unable to do that to a satisfactory level then he should never of been hired in the first place...Time will tell.

The last six weeks have left me with the impression that Derek Weir is on some sort of one man crusade to bury the club with his input into the shite decision making going on. McCall, naw.. Black, naw... 10 team SPL, naw.

bang on the money well said mate

But they will never take our freedom :ph34r:

If McCall leaves due to being a roaring succes & gets a better offer or gets sacked coz he's pish our manager becomes Kenny Black. Digest that one with your cornflakes in the morning.

Aaah I see you logic.

McGhee left and Leitch took over

Gannon left and Ward took over

Brown left and Knox took over

McCall leaves and Black takes over.

I think Mr Boyle had his fingers well and truly burned when it came to appointing an assistant as manager in Malpas. Doubt he would do it again.

I was out for a few drinks with a fellow Well fan in London tonight. We had a wee chat about all things Motherwell and agreed that there were one or few issues surrounding the club, but by and large things could be a lot worse.

One thing we did agree on was the amount of negative pish spouted on this board. You could not make it up..........if we appointed Jose Mourinho and signed Lionel Messi, there would be negative comments.

Enough negative sh1te. Top 6 - in 2 cup competitions. We are Motherwell - get behind the team ffs.

I said earlier, it's time for a reality check. Administration wasn't that long ago that we can have forgotten how spending outside our means brought us to our knees. Look at the attendance on Saturday against Inverness - 3728. Inverness accounted for, let's be kind and say 200. How can Motherwell possibly be sustained on a home gate of just over 3500.

I'm sorry but that size gate, and the money generated is what gets you Stuart McCall and Kenny Black - and I mean no disrespect to them.

I'm not sure when it happened but the ugly evolution of a section of our support to whinging and moaning about everything that happens at Fir Park is becoming tiresome (with apologies to George Peat).

A couple of comments about the bits in bold. The club appointed the right man two summers ago in Jim Gannon but did not have the balls to stand by him and see it through. The club realised there mistake and tried to sign JG 2 but found it more difficult to nail their man this time. The kind of players he signed at that time are exactly the type of players we would want the club to be signing now.

On the second point I think there is a difference between whinging and moaning and having a genuine concern about the direction our club is moving in at the moment. I applaud your optimism and support for the club but there is another legitimate view here that is as valid.

I hope in the end up however that all ends well which I think despite opposing views is what every Well fan wants.

And for anyone who drags out the "he was assistant for Scotland", I ask this, who was he assistant to??

You mean who *is* he assistant to...

"More recently Black was reunited with Craig Levein, who he worked under at Leicester City, as coach of the Scotland National team, a role which he will continue whilst at Motherwell."

Many a decent coach has turned out to be a rubbish manager. Okay he was rank at Airdie but think about the resources over there .

Best manager in the world Fergie, Man Utd have plenty of do$h to attract the best players, at Aberdeen he did well with a decent squad of players BUT he was not a roaring success of St Midden , why ? No money no great players.

You can only do so much with what you have.

Hopefully, he can toughen up Ross Forbes rather than being a great talent but unable to hold the challenges off.

Aaah I see you logic.

McGhee left and Leitch took over

Gannon left and Ward took over

Brown left and Knox took over

McCall leaves and Black takes over.

I think Mr Boyle had his fingers well and truly burned when it came to appointing an assistant as manager in Malpas. Doubt he would do it again.

McGhee left Leitch went with him

Brown left Knox went with him

Gannon left dunno what happened to Ward.

Now i dunno the truth of the matter but it has been suggested on here that Black isn't McCall's choice. IF he isn't then McCall isn't gonna take him with him if he moves on & if McCall gets sacked it's par for the course for the assistant manager to become caretaker manager until further notice.

And for people to say he's in the Scotland set up just take a look at who the Scotland manager is. He thinks Gary Kenneth's a player so do you honestly think he can spot a good coach?

Gary Kenneth is a known quantity to Levein, he could safely put him in and know what he'd get, when you look at the set up it might be a baffling decision but still one grounded in some sense.

Some folk would do well to take a look at our history and then take a fucking good look at themselves.

A couple of comments about the bits in bold. The club appointed the right man two summers ago in Jim Gannon but did not have the balls to stand by him and see it through.

The club....tried to sign JG 2 but found it more difficult to nail their man this time. The kind of players he signed at that time are exactly the type of players we would want the club to be signing now.

The truth is that it was Jim Gannon who didn't have the balls to see it through and he steadfastly refused to sign a contract. Yes, we did try to find JG2 (but this time someone with more stability and commitment) but found it harder this time round.

McCall said he wanted to appoint someone who had strengths where he had weaknesses, however, I'm struggling to see how Black meets that criteria. As a player, both were dirty b*stard midfielders therefore I'd have thought their strengths lie in midfield and in aggression.
I doubt either of them will be playing any time soon. Maybe it was managerial weaknesses he was talking about - just a thought.

The truth is that it was Jim Gannon who didn't have the balls to see it through and he steadfastly refused to sign a contract.
Is that the truth? It sounded to me like it was certain players that didn't have the balls and went greetin' to the directors.