Most Shameful Display Ever

garymfc

Ouch x 6!

In any season taking points from the OF are a bonus and we certainly don't bank on getting any away from home and tankings are always more likely than not.

Having said that, we set-up today with 4-5-1 which probably meant we had 9 players behind the ball for most of the game ("official stats" show we only had 35% possession) and with that formation I would not expect to win BUT similarly I would not expect to ship 6 goals.

Players have to have good mental strength and constituional fortitude when playing the OF and I'm afraid our lot (and not just today as we shipped 4 in our previous visit to Ibrox) have shown far too often that they are sadly lacking in this, sometimes against others in the SPL.

I think judgment on McCall really has to wait until we see how 'his team' performs next season. However I'm sure he has already worked out who he can rely on and who he can't so I fully expect to see a number of the current squad being moved out and replaced.

Players have to have good mental strength and constituional fortitude when playing the OF and I'm afraid our lot (and not just today as we shipped 4 in our previous visit to Ibrox) have shown far too often that they are sadly lacking in this, sometimes against others in the SPL.

I think it has been a while since we've shown this. We get pushed around too easily, our team seriously lacks character, and we have too many players who hide when the going gets tough. As much as I don't want us to turn into Bert Paton's Dunfermline I wish we could show a bit more of a physical presence, or some guts at least.

Aberdeen we can write off.

Why? Aberdeen with the possible exception of INverness have beaten a pile of garbage since Brown arrived. Namely Hamilton, St Mirren, Inverness and Hibs. Not saying that we'll get anything but to say we can write it off is a touch melodramatic.

Ibrox is the last place to be experimenting with the defence but his hand was forced by injuries. End of the day I never expected anything and sometimes a right doing is the wake up call some players need so hopefully they'll hurt, bounce back and do the business in Aberdeen on Tuesday.

They hit the side net and had one header on target so everything in McCall's garden is rosey.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for the next crop of 'Well staff to come onto the media to cream themselves over their love of things Rangers. About time they realise that Rangers don't pay their wages and such signs of affection coupled with this 6-0 scoreline suggests they do not have the right attitude to produce the goods for Motherwell FC in such a match.

We seem to be content to bide where we are. There isn't a hope in hell that Stuart McCall will move us forward regardless of what he says in his e-mails, which I find frankly, embarrassing.

Jury is still out for me on McCall, personally would have gone with someone like Jimmy Calderwood, but how can you possibly make this statement after the length of time he has been in charge? Absolutly ridiculous statement!

McCall does a simple thing like sending an e-mail, something that he doesnt have to do, to let fans get his opinion, and he gets slated for it! If you dont like the e-mails then dont read them!

Not sure what people mean by McCall sending the email, and I know I am splitting hairs here,.......but surely I'm not the only one that thinks these are not from the manager himself? Few quotes from McCall to 'Flow or another member of staff, email typed up, and sent out under his name on his behalf. If someone knows better please put me right.

I think Mr. McCall's past managerial record could be described as, if one is in a generous mood, "inconsistent". Not that that means he shouldn't be given a chance - however, methinks his appointment had little to do with his record and a lot to do with what he's prepared to work with, and work for.

sometimes a right doing is the wake up call some players need...

I know everyone is slating McCall but those 11 guys on the park have to take a good hard look at themselves. I know we have had injuries but our senior players have to lead the young fellas on the park (I'm taking about you Craigan).

I hope that the players feel like shite.

I hope they'll come out at todders fired up and GIRFU 'Dementia Broon'.

We have been scudded before and we will be scudded again. I think confidence and morale is rock bottom and has been since Broon left. I hope that McCall can pick the lads up.

On a positive, Jones was the best player in a 'Well jersey I thought. Who signed him again...? :P

We're on the rollercoaster. Whoo Hoo!!!

;)

Don't people get it . it's the end of the road for many.It's all about well fans who have followed the team through thick and thin

,our core support, guys I don't know but see at every game, like me they're thinking it's time to call it a day.,You see their posts in recent weeks, like every club in the SPl we've had enough. Sat through humpings in the eighties from Morton and Aberdeen raped 7-0 by Celtic.nothin was as bad as today.40 years watchin the Well ,think I'll keep my money for the tartan army ,see the world,have a drink,and if we get beat , so what ,at least it's been a blast . Don't care about tactics, team selection,injuries etc we were a total shambles. I'm actually ashamed of my team today,will go to work in govan on Monday and take the flak but for me it's finished.fuck yer positive thinking, a dark dark day in the history of this club. You can sprinkle glitter on a shite but at the end of the day it's still a shite.

Why should we ever expect to win, we have punched above our weight for years, football is so entertaining under McCall and John Boyle is keeping the club going. How dare anyone criticise a manager after this short spell when we are playing such lovely football and getting beat every week and how dare we criticise seasoned profesionals for not giving a fuck!!!

There is no fight in the team and no togetherness - you can quite clearly see that. All that together with the fact that McCalls tactics are shite. This is not a knee jerk reaction from me - I had come to that conclusion after watching a heartless and gutless performance at Tannadice that McCall ain't got it. Not one lesson has been learned from that night.

Correct.

I find it funny that the ones putting themselves forward as the rational thinkers are the ones who think this is all ok. At what point does pride in your team kick in when you say a 6-0 defeat at Ibrox is totally unacceptable!!

Motherwell are an SPL side. Had Stranraer lost 6-0 today at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup they would be embarrassed. The thing is though they probably would not have lost by 6 because they would have been playing with some pride.

I'm all for supporting your team but at what point do you begin to question what is happening. 7-0, 8-0, 9-0?

Correct.

Remember too we are supposed to be attracting people to go to Fir Park.

Don't people get it . it's the end of the road for many.It's all about well fans who have followed the team through thick and thin

,our core support, guys I don't know but see at every game, like me they're thinking it's time to call it a day.,You see their posts in recent weeks, like every club in the SPl we've had enough. Sat through humpings in the eighties from Morton and Aberdeen raped 7-0 by Celtic.nothin was as bad as today.40 years watchin the Well ,think I'll keep my money for the tartan army ,see the world,have a drink,and if we get beat , so what ,at least it's been a blast . Don't care about tactics, team selection,injuries etc we were a total shambles. I'm actually ashamed of my team today,will go to work in govan on Monday and take the flak but for me it's finished.fuck yer positive thinking, a dark dark day in the history of this club. You can sprinkle glitter on a shite but at the end of the day it's still a shite.

Your signature?

ankles.im surprised at that post i know today was shite.yes things havent been great.but to say yer finished with yer club i find heartbreaking.we are going thro a shite spell,but things will pik up as they alaways do chin up mate.

I can handle shite spells,relegation,heartbrake etc etc but when you lose goals and players just shrug and don't seem that bothered then I question why I should be so commited to the cause.

I can handle shite spells,relegation,heartbrake etc etc but when you lose goals and players just shrug and don't seem that bothered then I question why I should be so commited to the cause.

ano mate.but do you not agree we have been through worse?.aberdeen on tuesday will be the real test of our resolve.

ano mate.but do you not agree we have been through worse?.aberdeen on tuesday will be the real test of our resolve.

Right,ok,tell you what ,if that bunch of spineless bastards get their fingers out their arses and get a victory on tuesday then fair do's it'll make up for today,if not who knows.don't give a fuck about circumstances 6 nil is not

and never will be acceptable

Right here is the squad.

01 Randolph

05 Craigan

19 Hutchinson

20 Page (Forbes 52)

22 Gunning

06 Hateley

07 Humphrey

08 Jennings

14 Lasley

11 Sutton (Jeffers 74)

17 Jones (Murphy 69)

Substitutes

* 12 Hollis,

* 21 Angelis Charalambous,

* 32 Pollock,

* 09 Murphy,

* 18 Forbes,

* 23 Casagolda,

* 24 Jeffers

From that team we know that Craigan and Lasley were carrying knocks. Gunning and Page have hardly played any SPL football between them. Then you look at the bench, out of all of them I would say Murphy is the only one who could make any sort of impact and he is totally off the boil.

What am I saying?

Our squad is far too small for the SPL. We have no cover at all when any player gets injured and as the season goes on we will get more of them.

Its going to be a very tough end to the season for this lot.

Didn't see the game today but if thats true then I'm very surprised. Think about the semi final and the kilmarnock game, aye we got beat but two things that certainly weren't lacking were fight and spirit. I do wonder what went wrong today.

Why? Aberdeen with the possible exception of INverness have beaten a pile of garbage since Brown arrived. Namely Hamilton, St Mirren, Inverness and Hibs. Not saying that we'll get anything but to say we can write it off is a touch melodramatic.

End of the day I never expected anything and sometimes a right doing is the wake up call some players need so hopefully they'll hurt, bounce back and do the business in Aberdeen on Tuesday.

Yes, but we with the possible exception of Hibs, we have been unable to beat a pile (maybe a bit of an overstatement) of garbage. Not only that we've been unable to score against it. A right doing can go two ways, either the players come out fighting and bounce back or they simply fold and withdraw even further into their shells. The Pittodrie game will be a huge test of both players and management.

I think people are absolutely right to be angry at today's non-performance. I can think of many players from the 70's through to today who played for the shirt every single game, many of them home grown talent. If we as a club believe that we are SPL material then we better start showing it because right now we are 1st division material and no better than that. Don't mind getting beat but to show no commitment, no drive, hardly a shot on goal etc. etc. is absolutely not good enough. Used to watch for the team coming out the tunnel with tremendous enthusiasm because you knew that the team would give their all and sadly today that is lacking.

Will always be a Motherwell supporter, forever, but I will not sit back and lightly accept such performances as was witnessed today. So, MFC players and management staff do NOT embarrass our club like that EVER again.

Oh and here we go: "Stuart McCall says his side must dismiss the 6-0 thrashing by Rangers and look to what he considers a more important game with Aberdeen."

A bit much asking us to "dismiss" this dreadful performance don't you think?

I'm not particularly fussed about losing at Ibrox, certainly don't enjoy it but am more or less used to it

ankles post, (along with some of the other sentiment from others) tugged a heartstring for me. I've pretty much gave up going to the games since the Accies? game. I've questioned why, I should be committed to the cause, pumping in the money I do, and I'm clutching for answers to keep me involved

it ain't Stuart Mcalls fault, he's been handed a terrible hand from a stacked deck, albeit I'd agree he's not played it quite right at times

the players , can't really blame them for my lack of interest, I've supported many who have shown less talent and less desire over the years

I've still got many issues with the business management of the club but that shouldn't be keeping me away

I think it might just be fatigue ;) with the whole shambles, playing the same teams over and over, terrible match scheduling, high prices , being treated like scum everyhwere by police and stewards and MFC's lead role in the latest proposals just struck the final blow for me.

I just cant face paying to see the same old, same old week in week out, for the prices that are being charged, I've probably only done so for many years as I felt part of a cause where we all wanted success on any level for the club whereas now I fell 'why bother' as the club/league doesn't seem to care what we want

I've seen everything of note thats happened in the games I've not attended thanks to various media sources and cannot even say I'm missing it all that much, Aberdeen on Tuesday night will be my first/last game in many months.

Fair play to all that, still want to continue shelling out thousands of pounds being committed to the cause, until I see what the cause really is, I'm out

wasnt expecting anything but a sound defeat but 6-0 is disgusting!

over the last 2 seasons weve conceeded 24 goals v Rangers, 3 more than St Johnstone + Hamilton have conceeded COMBINED! Rangers havent scored more than 4 against Falkirk, Caley,Hamilton,St Midden + St Johnstone in 19 games and yet theyve put 6 past us TWICE in 6 games! if these 4/5 clubs who have smaller wage bills + poorer? teams than us can stop Rangers scoring 6 why the fuck cant we? The players should be in doing double sessions this morning and the rest of the week, fucking disgraceful + unacceptable for a so called professional team to capitulate in this manner with such regularity

I wasnt impressed with McCall when he was announced,less so when he brought in Black. And with every passing match now its looking more + more like the man is out of his depth, were dropping like a stone and theres no sign of it stopping, sad days indeed