We're In Line For A Uefa Place Just Now........

mfcsuperwell

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way man, I wanna go abroad! Sweden or Latvia are my preferred destinations :)

Ireland *is* abroad :) Well, except for me of course... would just be typical if we were to get an Irish team though, cos I'm off at a conference on Gran Canaria from the 2nd-9th July :)

has this been confirmed yet chaps ?????

Don't be silly, why wait for confirmation when you can get yourself hyped up over the slightest possibility? As Tweed hinted at earlier, we may be in the spot at the moment but we have Dougie McDonald as our referee on Wednesday night. And a Lanarkshire derby to follow...

Don't be silly, why wait for confirmation when you can get yourself hyped up over the slightest possibility? As Tweed hinted at earlier, we may be in the spot at the moment but we have Dougie McDonald as our referee on Wednesday night. And a Lanarkshire derby to follow...

Ach stop being so miserable. It's not exactly a slight possibility is it? We're sitting in the spot we need to be, it's in our hands, and we have an extremely level headed manager and mature squad that will surely ensure we see out the season to finish in the place we need to.

Ach stop being so miserable. It's not exactly a slight possibility is it? We're sitting in the spot we need to be, it's in our hands, and we have an extremely level headed manager and mature squad that will surely ensure we see out the season to finish in the place we need to.

:):):)

Having looked at the Fair Play tables that some people have posted links to, it's not exactly a country mile we lead by. And we have Maros Klimpl.

To quote the old maxim, it's not the despair that kills you, it's the hope...

it's in our hands, and we have an extremely level headed manager and mature squad that will surely ensure we see out the season to finish in the place we need to.

...in much the same way that a Top 6 finish was in our hands..........

As much as I hope we get this place, this stinks of double-standards and hypocrisy. A place in Europe because you didn't get too many yellow/red cards - most of which are at the whim of a referee. Say we missed out - you could point to any number of bookings which you felt were unfair - or harsh red cards. I would never bite the hand that feeds but I would much rather we were sitting here discussing another potential European trip as a result of finishing 3rd/4th in the SPL.

And I know Man Utd won the Champions League in 1999 despite not having won the Premiership the year before but I just feel that getting into Europe for reasons that have nothing to do with results is a bit hollow.

That said though - rules are rules if we get the place then I hope we make a better fist of it than last year.

Stuart.

You'd imagine clubs like St Mirren, battlling against relegation wont be thinking twice about flying in to a tackle..We have nothing to play for (aside some mathematical shakespearian tragedy) aside from Europe now, diddy games against St Mirren, Inverness and Killie...and albeit a lanarkshire derby, that for us, wont have the same spark. Come on Motherwell, Minsk!!! Cyprus!!! Estonia!!

With the exception of a pissup in a foreign land, I don't really see the benefits. We would need to get through 6 games to reach the equivilant stage we entered at last year.

Nae different from the much maligned Intertoto Cup.

I'm of the same mind, kind of. The only thing I would say, and someone else mentioned it somewhere else on this thread, if it were to happen you could use these games as your pre-season build up and consider entry into the UEFA cup proper a bonus if you make it...

I'm of the same mind, kind of. The only thing I would say, and someone else mentioned it somewhere else on this thread, if it were to happen you could use these games as your pre-season build up and consider entry into the UEFA cup proper a bonus if you make it...

Calm yourself down there!

We still have to finish the season first :):)

I'd love a nice wee cheap day out to Ireland or Wales first of all.

Been to the Crusaders before and it was brilliant! Bar inside the terracing and all the locals are a good laugh!

Still... I'll only believe it when it is 100% certain!

You'd imagine clubs like St Mirren, battlling against relegation wont be thinking twice about flying in to a tackle..We have nothing to play for (aside some mathematical shakespearian tragedy) aside from Europe now, diddy games against St Mirren, Inverness and Killie...and albeit a lanarkshire derby, that for us, wont have the same spark. Come on Motherwell, Minsk!!! Cyprus!!! Estonia!!

Exactly my feelings. St Mirren could have 4 rather meaningful games compared to ourselves. The likelihood is that they will pick up as many if not more cards between now and the end of the season. That said they are not too far behind - equivalent of 5 yellow cards and as last weekend showed we picked up 4 while they picked up zip. So this could turn around within the space of two weeks. But as stated before they have more at stake.

As to Playing in Europe via the fair play league. So what. Europe is Europe. I am sure Man City did not care this year as they marched to the 1/4 finals. That and it means we do not have to wait almost 3 months to see a competitive game. Plus a wee bit of extra income for the club that was not budgeted for and could mean we can attract some decnt talent or persuade some not too leave. All in all more plus points than negatives if you ask me.

Now be very careful Mr Klimpl :)

As one of those who missed out in going over to Nancy i'd cut off one of my bollocks to see us playing abroad in the Europa cup than playing meaningless dross against the likes of Bradford, Millwall and Nottingham Forest at Fir Park over the last weeks of July....but then thats just me