Ross County V Motherwell14/02/15

Yabba's Turd

We don't have a game, but Ross County are playing Aberdeen which was their fixture from the midweek card when we played Celtic. So they could be within touching distance by the time we play and potentially send us 12th. Just putting it out there.

We don't have a game, but Ross County are playing Aberdeen which was their fixture from the midweek card when we played Celtic. So they could be within touching distance by the time we play and potentially send us 12th. Just putting it out there.

They could indeed but by the same token they could lose to Aberdeen to throw away one of their two game advantage they hold over us. This would mean that they'd go into the game against us 6 points worse off and potentially end up 9 points worse off than us.

These are the worst and best case scenarios of course.

It's more likely Aberdeen hand them a shoeing and they are still 6 points behind us. But...you might be right so its one to watch definately.

Another potential turn of events is that Aberdeen beat Ross County on the 7th, we beat Ross County on the 14th and Caley beat St Mirren on the 14th. End of day 14th we are 3 above St Mirren with a game in hand and 9 above Ross County. If that happens and we have a few key players back then - drinks.gif

Hopefully a few players back from injury and a few new faces in. If Hammell, Pearson, Lasley and Vigurs are all fit and we show the same fight as yesterday, I reckon we'll be good for 3 points.

Twardzik

Ramsden Kerr O'Brien Hammell

Thomas Lasley Pearson Straker/Vigurs

Sutton Erwin

Would give is real options on the bench too with Moore, Ainsworth, Reid, Vigurs/straker and hopefully a new forward.

I'm fully aware of that. I didn't say its for the best for the team. I'm just excited/interested to see the new players and how we line up.

Aye, was a bit short there, sorry. I agree with you; most optimism I've had about the team in a while. I'm moving house that weekend. Will be listening in unpacking boxes, heh!

So, we're looking at something like:

Long

Reid Kerr McManus Straker

Lasley Grant

Erwin Pearson Marvin

Sutton

Subs:

Twardzik, O'Brien, Thomas, Thomas, Law, Watt,

Guessing that hammell won't be ready, otherwise he'd be in, and Laing will be banned.

4-2-3-1

------------------- Long --------------------- -----

Ramsden - McManus - O'Brien - Straker

-------------- Lasley - Grant ------------

---------Johnston - Pearson - Erwin -------

----------------- Sutton --------------------

Subs: Twardzik, Law, Kerr, Reid, D Thomas, N Thomas, Moore

This line up is a combo of established players in their preferred positions alongside new signings that offer creativity. The back four should have less pressure to deal with since we will be playing more of the game in the top half of the pitch.