2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

If we have money to spend, it needs to be on a Jennings replacement. McFadden is not that man. He might have been good to have around for the Euro games, but for me, we just don't have the cash to risk on a guy who has barely kicked a ball in the last 3 years.

• Like 1

Have a word....to those that say no return to Faddy - we do not need him

We already made him an offer. McCall and the club would only do that if they felt he could add to the team.

We have Ramsden and Hately that could play a less creative midfield role if required.

It would give the club, the fans a great boost and hopefully help maintain the momentum + a fair sized statement to all other SPL clubs.

If he is not going to give us a go - then fine, but it would be a TOUGH one to take were he to head north to Aberdeen. Celtic would disappoint, but I could understand - but Aberdeen or Hibs :wallbash:

• Like 2

We already made him an offer. McCall and the club would only do that if they felt he could add to the team.

We have Ramsden and Hately that could play a less creative midfield role if required.

It would give the club, the fans a great boost and hopefully help maintain the momentum + a fair sized statement to all other SPL clubs.

If he is not going to give us a go - then fine, but it would be a TOUGH one to take were he to head north to Aberdeen. Celtic would disappoint, but I could understand - but Aberdeen or Hibs :wallbash:

totally agree, would be massive disappointment for Faddy to go to Aberdeen (or similar), I think he would be great asset in midfield or upfront. I know that we have made offer and he has rejected but still ever hopeful !!

I would love faddy to sign but you know what? He rejected the contract offer so we should just move on.

Yup. If he changes his mind, then I'd probably still take him, on our terms. But we're far from being in a desperate enough position to go chasing folk who've already said 'no'.

How can all these teams like dundee,ross county,hibs etc afford all these players wages and afford transfer fees and we cant?

We need to sign JAMES MCFADDEN!!!

I think you are compleeeeeeeeeeet ly right

We better so that we can catch up with these clubs and finish as high up the league as these clubs regularly do!

McCall didn't *need* Faddy - he did say he needed a replacement for Jennings.

He might like to have Faddy in the squad, but that's not the same thing.

And if the fans need a boost after all the recent successes we have had (plus sitting top of the league today) then they are in for a shock when we get back to our mid-table, relegation battling days.

• Like 1

agreed faddy already said no but i thought he would have been playing down south by now. for the most part don't care where our ex players go ............ as long as it's not to any of our rivals helping another team in the SPL get points.

agree also that he would give the club a lift...........despite weeyins point, which is pretty valid, i think faddy would certainly get the place buzing even more and help us perhaps stay at the top. its one thing getting to the top, harder trying to stay there!

also agree that top priority should be replacing jennings but that does not seem to be happening. We may just have to relay on one our existing players developing into that role. If we are not signing a jennings replacement then again perhaps faddy would give us more going forward so that we start to win games 3 - 2 4 - 3 instead of 1 - 0 .

Either way I trust McCall and the board to be doing what's best for the club and will not grumble whichever way it pans out.

Are you masturbating about it already?

Nah not quite. Considering getting myself a big tub of popcorn to scran whilst reading the reactions though. :evilgrin:

Its a good job its not going to happen then, isn't it ! ! :wank:

I can't see it happening either. Whilst Aberdeen would be in a better position to be able to sign him than we would in the sense that they can offer far higher wages than we can, I still don't think they'll be able to match James McFadden's salary and the most likely outcomes are that he'll either get a Championship or League 1 club in England, or join Celtic.

Nah not quite. Considering getting myself a big tub of popcorn to scran whilst reading the reactions though. :evilgrin:

I can't see it happening either. Whilst Aberdeen would be in a better position to be able to sign him than we would in the sense that they can offer far higher wages than we can, I still don't think they'll be able to match James McFadden's salary and the most likely outcomes are that he'll either get a Championship or League 1 club in England, or join Celtic.

...and either of those are aceptable as they should have little to no detrimental effect on our efforts in the SPL.

Can we just calm our tits a bit, and bide our time to see what McCall can get chooses to go for when the dust has settled?

We didn't miss out on Mark Kerr, we didn't go for him as the manager, who at the end of the day, hasn't done too shabbily, felt that he wouldn't benefit the team.

McFadden would be lovely. Not happening. Gutting, but we could get on with supporting the mob we have, rather than trying to replace them, considering we're top of the league the noo!

• Like 1

James McFadden isn't coming back and the sooner some Motherwell fans realise and accept this the better.

We can't afford him and he has knocked us back, let's move on.

Listening to some of the trumpets on here you'd think that they were James McFadden supporters before they were Motherwell supporters. He's fucking gone and he's not coming back, indeed, he has absolutely no interest in coming back otherwise he'd have signed long ago considering he's been using the club's training facilities for months, yet still remains a non-MFC player.

Forget about him and move on, because dwelling on the past never did anyone any good.

• Like 2