Steelmen Forever

Jay

Well lotto.

Get a separate sign up thread going and make it easy to subscribe.

Give people the option to sign others up at work etc

Always used to amaze me how many players used to win each week. Never knew how to go about getting involved so didn't!

This.

As it stands, the club seem to have forgotten all about the Well Lotto. It isn't mentioned in the new campaign and the last update of winners was mid June!

It only costs roughly £5 per month and you might find that the majority of people would be willing and could afford to subscribe to this as it is relatively little.

Say 2000 people subscribe, thats £10k per month or £120k per year, subtracting the winnings which currently stand at £350 per week so thats £18200 per year, meaning nearly £100k to the coffers every year.

Really think the club should push the Well lotto, rather than completely forget about it as currently happens.

Do we actually know how much money, if any, the club receives through club shop sales?

Is there a particular % of income that goes to Motherwell, or do Provan Sports just pay a monthly rent on the shop?

I've noticed a couple of people saying they're definitely going to buy the next kit etc now that the club needs funds so it would be good to know if that's actually what happens.

Provan Sports are a business and obviously have to make a profit so if it was a choice between buying the new kit with 50p going to Motherwell, or buying into the Well Lotto for the year - I'll go with the latter.

Do we actually know how much money, if any, the club receives through club shop sales?

Is there a particular % of income that goes to Motherwell, or do Provan Sports just pay a monthly rent on the shop?

I've noticed a couple of people saying they're definitely going to buy the next kit etc now that the club needs funds so it would be good to know if that's actually what happens.

Provan Sports are a business and obviously have to make a profit so if it was a choice between buying the new kit with 50p going to Motherwell, or buying into the Well Lotto for the year - I'll go with the latter.

with the rugby club, we get a percentage of each sale that Provan Sports sells for us, can't remember the exact % value though.

I've just read over the article on the Official website again and realised that I'd missed the call for volunteers. We all know that the club is actively looking to raise money through a variety of ways but this takes time and effort. Apart from the actual financial contribution we should also be looking to volunteer whether it be for a regular commitment or simply a one off. Not everyone has the time to do this of course or lives close to FP.

From past experience I know that our fans volunteer when asked. The Well Worth Saving campaign proved to me though just how much we need supporters' time too. It might just be to help out with a bucket collection for 30 minutes or so on matchday or it might be to help organise a concert or quiz. Worth thinking about though.

I like the steelmen forever logo and think that if some t-shirts were made up with a small logo on it (say limited edition 1500?) we could sell them through the club shop and add an extra £5to £10 to the cost as a way of raising extra funds. I think that folk would happily pay over the odds for a decent quality top with the logo.

edit: if they make them claret, once they are sold out they could then release another set in amber and if all sold a third in white. Some folk might buy either one, two or even all three.

Also it might be an idea to TM the logo and when its put on an item £5 or £10 could be added to the price which then goes directly to the fund. Folk would then know that buying something with the logo on means profits are going to the fund.

• Like 2

V.I.P for the day

Like we have for the kids as mascots but for adults instead.

Tour stadium, meal and a beer, meet the players and sit in the directors box, leaving with a memento or a signed picture of the day.

I personally would love this the buzz of it being a match day would be excellent.

I would happily pay at least a fiver even up to a tenner then the draw is done and you are invited to the next home game.

I know you can buy a package but i dont have the money for that, i think a draw could earn a few more bucks with more people wishing to go that way.

Agreed, or something like a raffle £5 per ticket, (set a maximum number of tickets to be sold) for "A day in the dugout" where the winner gets access to the dressing room on matchday, and a seat behind the dugout to get real taste of what we all watch on a Saturday. Run it twice in the season and realistically you could raise £10k with little effort.

This.

As it stands, the club seem to have forgotten all about the Well Lotto. It isn't mentioned in the new campaign and the last update of winners was mid June! ------------------------------------------

I hope I am not speaking out of turn, but I made an enquiry regarding joining the MFC Lotto. I got a response on Friday intimating current work was underway to facilitate online subscription.

I visited the website yesterday and it certainly appeared to be accepting online registrations at £52. From a personal point of view i wonder if a monthly direct debit option of say £5 would be benificial.

I intend to take out a season ticket this week and another £52 is stretching the finances a bit whereas £5/10pm would not.

• Like 1

I visited the website yesterday and it certainly appeared to be accepting online registrations at £52. From a personal point of view i wonder if a monthly direct debit option of say £5 would be benificial.

I intend to take out a season ticket this week and another £52 is stretching the finances a bit whereas £5/10pm would not.

Agreed .............. there's a lot I'd like to contribute to, but with a CL trip in the next few weeks and the purchasing of a Player's Training gear and hopefully a Season Ticket and Brick and CL ticket its a hell of a hit on the Pension Fund in the space of a few weeks.

£5 a month D/D for the Lotto would be my preference and besides it would give £8 more to the Club.

• Like 1

Exactly kmmc.

£4.33 by direct debit straight from your bank and you never notice its gone.

Been doing it for several years now ( since it started I think ) and you do get a good return for your money. I think I have won £100 twice, £50 and £25 once each.

Mon the Dossers

I'm in a similar boat to a few who have posted. I'd be quite interested in taking out another 'Well Lotto membership but direct debit is more preferable to a one off whack of £52.

Can't access the 'fishel at work but perhaps it might be worth someone using the feedback/idea section from the official website to ask them if they'd scan and upload the paper documents to be able to set up the Well Lotto on direct debit.

Music playlist sponsorship for before, during (goals), half time and full time. £1 a tune, if there are even 30 slots its £30 which could be used directly to pay the shitey remix dj into the east stand for the game and keep him as far away as possible from the CD player.

• Like 1

It would be nice if the club set up a wee running total of how much the fans had raised etc, through the various endeavours.

Seeing mini targets being met would be a good motivator for those wavering whether to whap in ten or twenty quid, I'd think.

Agree with that.

Next Saturday will be about Stevie Hammell and rightly so but I hope that the club takes the opportunity to raise some additional cash through some scheme or other.