2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

John Sutton to be unveiled to the media, apparently.

Surely that was already done and dusted on last week? Plenty of articles, interviews and photographs on the go from that. Can't see what more the media could hope to glean from a further unveiling of Sutton.

The stuff hinting at a permanent deal for Kerr would seem the more likely explanation to me. Suppose we'll find out soon enough though.

Surely that was already done and dusted on last week? Plenty of articles, interviews and photographs on the go from that. Can't see what more the media could hope to glean from a further unveiling of Sutton.

The stuff hinting at a permanent deal for Kerr would seem the more likely explanation to me. Suppose we'll find out soon enough though.

I kind of thought that as well. No need for any more press on Sutton, I'd reckon. Given that Leanne Dempster mentioned a few signings over the next few days, it could e Sutton along with a couple of others. Unveiling the other guys gives them an excuse to wheel Sutton out to the media, given I think he only spoke to the official website on Friday..

Hopeful it's more than one new face, can't see the need for a press conference to confirm that Kerr is staying on...

AAAAHAHHHH SHHHHUUTTT UPPPPPP FOR FUUUUCKKKS SAKE.

Who gives a flying fuck how much it costs and the benefits of it.

C,mon Johnstone you know.

We can't have budgeted expenditure in trying to run a professional fuckin football club now can we?

• Like 1

You need to educate yerself then

I'm all for the trip, £15-20k (estimate) for the squad + others to train in some decent weather works for me.

Now, if it was £150k for this I might have an issue but I don't believe the board would be that negligent.

Just because the (albeit dull) subject interests me does not imply that I lack education.

:cheers:

Happy enough with that. Think Kerr has potential. Will he be playing week in week out?

Now means we have a couple of options for right back, depending on the central defence situation...

Glad it's all now official and I hope he improves next year. For once though i'd like to see a guy playing at right back that actually wants to play there.

Glad it's all now official and I hope he improves next year. For once though i'd like to see a guy playing at right back that actually wants to play there.

I reckon Ramsden is quite happy to play there. McCall seems to prefer him at centre half though.

Just need to wait and see if we bring anyone else in. McManus coming in could mean Ramsden playing at right back. Alternatively Cummins might show better than Kerr preseason and McCall will have a decision to make...

Was a bit up and down about Kerr last season, as he put in a couple of good performances and a couple of bad. I hadn't realised he was only 20, however. Happy with the signing in that case, as he'll provide some much needed cover at the back and the potential to, with the right influences, develop his game.

Seems to have been Lawson and Vigurs that were up for the media last week. Wasn't much Sutton stuff in the papers over the weekend.

The Sutton stuff I read all appeared to be lifted directly from his MFC TV interview with 'Flow rather than interaction with any journos. Presumably this is just a chance for the media to get a few quotes of their own.

The Sutton stuff I read all appeared to be lifted directly from his MFC TV interview with 'Flow rather than interaction with any journos. Presumably this is just a chance for the media to get a few quotes of their own.

True, but at the same time more than once has that same course of action appeared sufficient enough for some in the media to claim they have "covered" a Motherwell story.

I'm still a little surprised if we do have a presser just to unveil Sutton again but the more that keeps our name in a positive limelight the better as far as I'm concerned can only be a good thing.

If we now could get Faddy to sign, I think I would then be happy to go into the season with the squad.

Not perfect, but it would do for starters...

Would like a keeper if only to keep Hollis on his toes. As it is at the minute, we're a player or two short of a good starting eleven. Maybe only one if we're going 442 but I suspect that McCall would like to go with a similar 4231 shape that he used last season..