Aberdeen V Motherwell 11/05/14

well_said

post the editors email address on here, and we can all send him some emails asking why the foul on hutchy is not a pen?

we can also send him a freeze frame of the static aberdeen defenders asking why do they not play to the whistle? and we can also get them to ask DMcI why a player who fell over sutty and clangers, still manages to get up off his arse and prod the ball home before any of their players react

get it right up ye Aberdeen

you deserve everything you got, and the way the goal went in makes it only sweeter for us

"YOU'RE NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE"

The front page of today's Evening Express:

Front.bmp

and the back......

back.bmp

In the inside, they also think the ref should be made to pay for his mistake!

Can somebody send a truck load of Kleenex to Aberdeen :laugh:

Makes it all the sweeter, but someone really needs to provide these clowns with a copy of the photograph of Vernon attempting to swap shirts with big Shaun, before the ball gets anywhere near Big Handsome. Will they be happy to post a retraction once they have a look at that picture - doubt it.

They really are bunch of greatin' faced c...s

:drinks:

Many refs awards 10 seconds per substitution - there is no set time. However they normally don't take that long. However they do award 30 seconds per goal scored and up until that point there had been none. Goals do cause substantial delays.

I know the attached Q&A is English but shows that 30 seconds per sub is the general rule.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20159223

Will they be happy to post a retraction once they have a look at that picture - doubt it.

I doubt it too, as they've also been moaning that Keith took the free kick from nowhere near the right place in the first place, so that'll doubtless trump the whole sequence of events as far as they're concerned...

[/size]

I doubt it too, as they've also been moaning that Keith took the free kick from nowhere near the right place in the first place, so that'll doubtless trump the whole sequence of events as far as they're concerned...

I havn't even gone bak to look wher the free kick happened and wher eit was taken from but I am sure it wuold still ahve ended up in a goal mouth stramash anyway. but i do find it very strange why none of the papers are saying it should ahve been a pnealty anyway. you could just palce that still of Vernon and Hutchy under that back apge headline "why is this not a foul"

I find it comical that the vast majority of sheepies posting on various media claim we are cheating bar stewards and that the ref should be hung out to dry. Even when reasonable ones admit that Vernon fouled Hutch they get shot down with abuse. They have very short memories these mutton molesters, karma can be a bitch sometimes......

Makes it all the sweeter, but someone really needs to provide these clowns with a copy of the photograph of Vernon attempting to swap shirts with big Shaun, before the ball gets anywhere near Big Handsome. Will they be happy to post a retraction once they have a look at that picture - doubt it.

They really are bunch of greatin' faced c...s

:drinks:

Their twitter account: @EveningExpress

Langfield stood static and jumped expecting to collect it without a challenge, Unbelievably weak goalkeeping!!

The majority of the Aberdeen fans are saying exactly the same on their Footymad forum.

Perfectly good goal :whistling: Roon them!!

I decided not to post lastnight, just enjoyed it all.

Now, I'm sitting at my desk at work today and still chuckling away at how brilliant that was. Chuckling accompanied by the big drum beat! I've got to say that I think the goal, and the 30 minutes of mass hysteria was probably the most Motherwell related fun since the march in Nancy.

I had a real bit of fear seeing the line up, one striker on the pitch, we all know how well that worked out in the second half on Wednesday but fair play to McCall. Soak up everything Aberdeen had to offer and then on 75 minutes send on Faddy, play three at the back and go for it. Almost instantly, we had a corner and were threatening. The 'well fans who had been brilliant throughout despite watching an exercise in bus parking, really responded and ramped right up for those last 15 minutes. It was fucking beautiful.

Couldn't believe the ref signalling one minute of injury time. I actually work with a former grade 1 SPL and Europa ref, he has always told me he used to add 30 seconds PER SUB. In the end though, one minute is all we needed. When that goal finally went in I think my heart was in my mouth for what seemed like an eternity while waiting to see if it would be chopped off. Then bang, YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. My mate had turned round to get it right up the Aberdeen fans, when he turned back, I was already 8 rows forward along with what seemed like another 500 'well fans. Brilliant.

Those celebrations after the final whistle were fantastic. Loved the fact that the players were all bouncing around like maddies, particularly Hutch and Lasley. Obviously they can hear the songs from the stands but I always wonder if they take in, the moves etc. Clearly they do, seeing them doing hawns, bouncing around for SIWY and getting right into it was just phenomenal. As was having 1000+ fans going tonto. Special mention to the 'well boys, boys with the drum or whatever they want to be known as. What you have done to engage the support is to be commended.

Rangers and Celtic fans can't understand this next point, but in reality, there is noway we or any other non OF team can challenge for the league with the difference in resources and budgets. For us to essentially win the league that we are playing for 3 years in a row is a truly incredible achievement.

Aberdeen – best season in 20 years and they win the diddy cup! Given the amount of shite I've read and listened to from the media about them this year, it makes it sweeter. I wonder if 'the well are going to challenge Celtic next season as Aberdeen were supposed to? Of course not.

McInnes and Aberdeen fans greetin about a supposed foul on Johny handsome is nothing more than sour grapes. Points wise, there is no difference in points earned in game 1 or game 38. Aberdeen have been the beneficiaries of so many 'dodgy decisions' this season, for them to cry about one against them just shows their mentality. Loved that McCall pointed out two decisions they have got against us this season. If he really cared, he could probably get a catalogue of decisions that went for Aberdeen against the rest of the teams as well.

Aberdeen are going to be back bigger and stronger next season, but I have an inkling that we will too. If we hold the majority of the team, strengthen the keeper situation we are only going to improve. Leitch looks ready to step up, and hopefully Faddy can get a good spell fit.

Something I thought about this morning, is feel good moments like this are an ideal time to really make another push at the 'well society.

Special mention to Hutchy yesterday, thought he was outstanding. Two top class tackles, and never put a foot wrong. The celebrations showed how much it meant to him. Looks like the 'well are in his head, just a shame we can't afford him. Would be nice if that extra £250k could free up some money for a contract extension, but I think that's the last we will see of the big man. Good luck to him, great servant to the club and really deserves a big move. One of my favourite 'well players since I saw him fly into a crunching slide tackle against Steaua Bucharest.

Anyway, back to work, if I can get any done.

Mon the 'well. SIWY!

Kind of epitomises most things for me yesterday :nod: Add in the group of mates old and new and the wee fella who I travelled with (I'm sure the Lesmahagow lads would join us again) and awaydays don't get much better. Like my old man said when I finally spoke to him last night "one of those games where you just had to be there".

Bit surreal, as we travelled the A90, sensed we were onto something as personal needs breaks were met with sounding horns as we passed or were passed by most vehicles waving claret and amber. Earliest I've been in a match in a long, long time and the site of our away support was something to behold. That and the backing pre/during/post match will live long.