The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

I actually think Black is safe pair of hands just now. He's been in charge of 270 minutes of football against the 2nd and 3rd placed teams in the country. About half of that time has seen us play with a fight, desire and creativity that has been completely devoid from the last 14 odd games under Mccall. If reckon Black remains in charge he'll take plenty of points off the teams around us, and will challenge the teams above.

If he was a new manager, I imagine people would be far more optimistic about those performances.

I agree. I'm actually quite heartened by the improvement since McCall left. It's been night and day but right now you just have to accept that teams like Inverness and Dundee Utd are a long way ahead of us and that quality and confidence is going to see them through. If we put in performances like we have done in the past 3 weeks or so I'm fairly confident we can win the important upcoming matches against the other strugglers.

Contrast yesterday with the performances against Hamilton or Dundee where we came out the tunnel looking like we were already 5-0 down.

strange one when or if ownership isn't sorted .

If the WS had until the end of the month to prove they had the funds to take over, I'd imagine that has been done one way or the other and the club will now move forward knowing where it stands.

If the WS have failed, maybe the other interested party has pulled out or has still to start formal proceedings.

Either way the Club may have a better understanding of where it stands and the what it can use to attract a new manager.

A bit of movement of the manager odds, probably given the brief announcement from the club....take from this what you will.

Bet Victor (more or less the same odds across Sky Bet and Paddy Power):

Derek Adams 3/1

Terry Butcher 4/1 **JUST APPEARED ON THE MARKET TODAY AND DROPPED FROM 10/1**

Kenny Black 8/1

Nolberton Solano 8/1

Graeme Souness, Billy Davies 16/1

Danny Lennnon, Malky MacKay (?!) 16/1 (Paddy power)

A bit of movement of the manager odds, probably given the brief announcement from the club....take from this what you will.

Bet Victor (more or less the same odds across Sky Bet and Paddy Power):

Derek Adams 3/1

Terry Butcher 4/1 **JUST APPEARED ON THE MARKET TODAY AND DROPPED FROM 10/1**

Kenny Black 8/1

Nolberton Solano 8/1

Graeme Souness, Billy Davies 16/1

Danny Lennnon, Malky MacKay (?!) 16/1 (Paddy power)

By the sounds of it Malky MacKay and Dave Whelan might be leaving Wigan, so we might get a manager and owner at the same time :whistling:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind Butcher coming back provided he does what he did for us what he did for Inverness rather than Hibs.

1417546215[/url]' post='426096']

Butcher combined with fan ownership. Just get on the phone to Bryan Jackson the now...

Butcher himself said he was finished with the game in Scotland.

Bryan Jackson been taking his coaching badges like? Let's get it right - we are in no danger of administration. Only person who can put us there is John Boyle so highly unlikely... Stop feeding the porridge dribblers on here.

One thing we can be sure of is downsizing regardless who is the custodian(s) of the club. The managerial appointment is the most crucial I've known given the nature of the change required.

Can't see shout box on my phone, so apologies if it's there already. Caught a bit of Chick Young on the radio with a board member, didn't catch a name, talking about manager situation. Suggestion was made that Kenny Black would be an assistant to someone else & not the manager in his own right.

Is that when he had us finish bottom aye??

That's the one...only saved by a dodgy SPL rule. Then took us to 6th, 6th and 8th. We need to aim better than that I think.

I think people have rose tinted specs with Terry Butchers time here because he worked with very little and in that first season we had some good results against the bigger teams (Rangers, Celtic, Hearts I think?). Luckily he had Hammel, Pearson and McFadden all in the team and no real choice but to play him.

Don't get me wrong I liked him and respect his place in our history but we can't go back to him.