2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Was there any merit to the Jackson Irvine thing or was it one of those "My Mrs heard a guy in the chippy, who said his uncle overheard ......"

Maybe someone could clear that up because I've not seen anything to date with any merit to the suggestion/rumour.

However, if so, and that's him and Martin Woods allegedly. What do they have over us .... is it purely a bigger wallet? From my point of view, it's a tad worrying we can't convince them we're a better option, less money or not.

Can't help but feel if we had Irvine available this season we've be in a very healthy position.

Someone posted on here they overheard Flow at a game saying we couldn't match Ross County for wages. Irvine is on 2.5k according to some on Twitter.

Also, he was already there on loan so that would have had a lot to do with it I am sure. Same for Woods.

Was there any merit to the Jackson Irvine thing or was it one of those "My Mrs heard a guy in the chippy, who said his uncle overheard ......"

In a word, Yes.

Now I don't know if there's any truth in the rumour that he's being paid £2.5k per week but if that is correct its pretty astounding. Thats the kind of wage a player can expect at Pittodrie, Tynecastle or perhaps Tannadice. Wages have also reportedly come down, on average this season.

I've suspected for a wee while now that Ross County are paying at least some of their players fairly high wages. They are also forking out transfer fees. For a club of their size that isn't sustainable - I know they're being bankrolled by Roy MacGregor. However its unlikely that he's simply donating cash to the club with no strings attached. I'd like to see their annual accounts for the past year or so.

GazzyB that's why some players who find themselves out the picture with teams get released the day before the window to become free agents. Means they can sign for anyone after the window closes and are not left in limbo till the next one