2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Can we drop all this ex player chat vigurs, lawless etc and concentrate on the players who are at the club now. Personally i dont give a feck about what a player does or how he plays after he leaves the club. We have enough issues with our own players to worry about.

I'll miss all the "come back to haunt us" chat, but OK. I'm in.

That's kind of my point. I'd much rather have a Davie Cooper, Bobby Russell (or Vigurs) that never makes a tackle than another guy "with a good engine".

Is Faddy not "that guy" and he's barely got off our bench.

Faddy should 100% be that guy, for some reason since his return, he? or his coaches?, seem to think he should still be running the about the pitch like a player half his age.

I so wish we had the coaching resource to make Faddy that guy, or maybe its a pyschologist who would be needed or maybes it just the players around him just are nowhere near the calibre of Boyd, Nijholt, O'Donnell, Griffin, Dolan, O'Neill, Angus, Ferguson, Kirk, Arnott, Mckinnon et al.

The Scotsman's take on Morgaro Gomis

"Morgaro Gomis to Motherwell (loan from Hearts)

He’s been harshly squeezed out by Hearts and will have something to prove at Fir Park.

It remains to be seen what Mark McGhee’s plans for him are. One would imagine the Motherwell boss will push Stephen Pearson out to the left of midfield and station Gomis alongside Keith Lasley, with either Lionel Ainsworth or Marvin Johnson at the right wing position.

It’ll be a gamble putting Pearson, arguably their best player, out of position on the left, but the midfield four is crying out for more balance. When Ainsworth and Johnson, both out-and-out wingers, start games in the 4-4-2 then Motherwell tend to lose."

Being a Motherwell fan, I take a sensible approach to players who aren't good enough at football, I try my level best not to slate them if they have a good attitude and apply themselves correctly. However, one thing I can't abide is players who don't apply themselves and have poor work rates. Vigurs was criminally guilty of this and what made it worse for me was the fact that above all this, he was very talented, but couldn't be arsed making the most of it.

Ok, you could say there is an argument that we didn't use him effectively. I do think that summer McCall just signed the best players he could within his budget, without having a formation or starting eleven in plan. However, what that doesn't excuse is him strolling about the park nonchalantly every week. Time and time again he needlessly lost the ball, then stood with his hands on his hips making no effort to win it back.

The singular occasion in my Motherwell supporting career I have made my way down to the front to shout at one of our players. That accolade is owed to Mr. Vigurs in Iceland. He needlessly lost the ball trying daft tricks so many times that night, then did nothing to win the ball back, decided he was above trying. At one point he just stopped dead, hands on his hips and turned round and smiled to the 'Well fans.

On a good day, Vigurs would be good, bad and lazy all in one game. The most typical Iain Vigurs thing I can remember is when we beat Dundee Utd 1-0 under Black, the Friday night after McCall left. Vigurs could have slotted Ojamaa in to put him through on goal at the halfway line, instead he tried a daft shot from the halfway line that was miles off.

I for one, am delighted that the egocentric, lazy waster no longer plays for us and he'll be subject to a few choice words from me on Saturday.

• Like 3

I agree fully with Joe.

Someone will be along in a minute to tell us that we don't recognise talent and only like boys that run about a lot, though. #vigursbingo

The folk that are hailing Vigurs as some sort of mis-understood demi-God of fitba' are the same folk that were continually telling us that we didnt appreciate what we had when Alan Gow was in his 'pomp' at Fir Park.

Vigurs was an embarrassment to himself whilst he was at Fir Park, a lazy, lazy bastard of a guy.

As for Lawless, and the claims that we should have kept him...we were a much better team when he was in our reserves than we are now, he couldnt make the breakthrough and went elsewhere, the fact that he scored with a huge deflection on Tuesday and has carved out a semi-decent career with Thistle does nothing to prove that we weren't right to let him go at that moment in time

Hope he doesn't accept it and eventually does go to America, club legend but we can't just keep bringing him back to take a wage off us so just let him go somewhere and we remember him as a great

I don't think you understand how our club works do you? He's employed as much for his off-field work as any contribution to the first team & at little outlay.

The most typical Iain Vigurs thing I can remember is when we beat Dundee Utd 1-0 under Black, the Friday night after McCall left. Vigurs could have slotted Ojamaa in to put him through on goal at the halfway line, instead he tried a daft shot from the halfway line that was miles off.

Who scored the winner that game again?
  • Like 1

Being a Motherwell fan, I take a sensible approach to players who aren't good enough at football, I try my level best not to slate them if they have a good attitude and apply themselves correctly. However, one thing I can't abide is players who don't apply themselves and have poor work rates. Vigurs was criminally guilty of this and what made it worse for me was the fact that above all this, he was very talented, but couldn't be arsed making the most of it.

Ok, you could say there is an argument that we didn't use him effectively. I do think that summer McCall just signed the best players he could within his budget, without having a formation or starting eleven in plan. However, what that doesn't excuse is him strolling about the park nonchalantly every week. Time and time again he needlessly lost the ball, then stood with his hands on his hips making no effort to win it back.

The singular occasion in my Motherwell supporting career I have made my way down to the front to shout at one of our players. That accolade is owed to Mr. Vigurs in Iceland. He needlessly lost the ball trying daft tricks so many times that night, then did nothing to win the ball back, decided he was above trying. At one point he just stopped dead, hands on his hips and turned round and smiled to the 'Well fans.

On a good day, Vigurs would be good, bad and lazy all in one game. The most typical Iain Vigurs thing I can remember is when we beat Dundee Utd 1-0 under Black, the Friday night after McCall left. Vigurs could have slotted Ojamaa in to put him through on goal at the halfway line, instead he tried a daft shot from the halfway line that was miles off.

I for one, am delighted that the egocentric, lazy waster no longer plays for us and he'll be subject to a few choice words from me on Saturday.

I am no Vigurs lover, however, no one can say for certain that he feigned injury during that time. I think the word your looking for is allegedly.

Ross County fans told me that they were surprised that we signed him because of his back problem. It was well known up north and was a factor in his move to Barnsley breaking down.

Think we need an out right goal scorer, yes we have moult great player but not really consistent and not much of a great lover of McDonald now u just get the same utter bull

Moult, from what I have seen so far, I think might be similar to Sutton in that he will score his goals in patches rather than consistently. However he does bring a lot more to the team than big John in my opinion.

brilliant joe 100 % correct he was " wan lazy barsteward " with "a bad back injury " that healed up awffy quickly when he left us !!!! tosser of a man

Ironic, as you've just delivered a tosser comment.

Derek Weir advised at the AGM that Vigurs was touch and go if he would have to give up football entirely. I'm guessing he probably was told that from a consultant at Rosshall and not a scribbled note from Vigurs mum.

I by no means applaud the guys work ethic when he was here, I did see signs of sublimity but they were few and far between. I seen him as an expensive Ross Forbes. But he was injured and to question the integrity of his character is shite.

• Like 1