2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Doubt these players went without being paid off. Would you leave a contract in their circumstances?

Robinson went straight to another club so I doibt we will have settled his full contract amount that he had left. We will have done a deal.

Taylor going back is a saving straight off the bat.

Clarkson will be getting at least a % paid by St Mirren.

Twardzik, Reid we may have paid the full amount to let them go but I doubt it. We will have made even a small saving there.

If Mackin is on a "development loan" does that mean we can recall him in an emergency or do the regular loan rules apply?

We can recall him. We are a wee bit light up front with only Fletcher being an out and out striker.

As far as the departures who simply left are concerned I would guess that if they get fixed up with another club then their new wages will be taken into account in their pay off. For example if Player A who as on £1,500 pw with us, leaves by mutual consent and gets fixed up with another club at say £1,000 pw then we would pay him £500 pw until the date on which his contract would have expired.

Sad we couldn't have got someone like Simon church who signed on loan for Aberdeen tidy wee striker

30 goals in 200 games, almost all played at a lower level than us?

Yeah, devastated we missed out on that one.

last year's window was fun, but was essentially an exercise in throwing shit against the wall. The summer wasn't much different. The best thing we did in the last few weeks was to move on the ones that didn't stick, allowing us to add a player better than what we had and possibly one more.

We've been playing relatively well since McGhee took over, so the last thing we needed was another invasion, especially with wholesale changes pending in the summer.

By my reckoning (and I'm including anyone who's started a first team game in the SPL), we have

2 goalkeepers

4 full backs (including 1 who can play centre half)

4 centre halfs (including one who can play full back)

5 midfielders

3 wingers

4 forwards (assuming McFadden stays)

Now you can argue about quality or, in talking about midfielders particularly, the type of players we have, but that's a first team squad of 22 players. How many players should we even be looking to add to that?

Personally, I reckon we have enough about us to stay up. In the summer Lasley, McManus, Hammell, McDonald and a few others are out of contract. Given the average age of those I've mentioned, the summer window may be a time when we need to be busy in the market. By trimming the wages bill now, we may give ourselves more room to manoeuvre then...

• Like 3

By my reckoning (and I'm including anyone who's started a first team game in the SPL), we have

2 goalkeepers

4 full backs (including 1 who can play centre half)

4 centre halfs (including one who can play full back)

5 midfielders

3 wingers

4 forwards (assuming McFadden stays)

Now you can argue about quality or, in talking about midfielders particularly, the type of players we have, but that's a first team squad of 22 players. How many players should we even be looking to add to that?

Personally, I reckon we have enough about us to stay up. In the summer Lasley, McManus, Hammell, McDonald and a few others are out of contract. Given the average age of those I've mentioned, the summer window may be a time when we need to be busy in the market. By trimming the wages bill now, we may give ourselves more room to manoeuvre then...

Agreed, the squad s now large enough and just about versatile enough to cover most eventualities. There are still some flaws in the squad with the likes of Chalmers, Kennedy and Laing still to prove their worth, the youngsters still to rove they can make the step up, and the older players still to show that they can last the course. It will be interesting to see who is still around at the start of next season. Replacements for the four senior guys will need to be found, even if we retain the services of two or three of them, and the oak keeping issue willed to e addressed. McGhee will have his work cut out. The good news is that the current squad looks good enough, on paper, to give us every chance of rebuilding in the summer with the prospect of top flight football to look forward to.

Agreed, the squad s now large enough and just about versatile enough to cover most eventualities. There are still some flaws in the squad with the likes of Chalmers, Kennedy and Laing still to prove their worth, the youngsters still to rove they can make the step up, and the older players still to show that they can last the course. It will be interesting to see who is still around at the start of next season. Replacements for the four senior guys will need to be found, even if we retain the services of two or three of them, and the oak keeping issue willed to e addressed. McGhee will have his work cut out. The good news is that the current squad looks good enough, on paper, to give us every chance of rebuilding in the summer with the prospect of top flight football to look forward to.

We'll find out in the next few days if the squad is large or good enough. If Mark McGhee doesn't agree there will be another signing or two but if he does agree there won't be any business done. Its one having cover for a position but quite another having decent cover. To me right back needs strengthened or MMcG may also feel that we need a creative midfielder. Time will tell.

We'll find out in the next few days if the squad is large or good enough. If Mark McGhee doesn't agree there will be another signing or two but if he does agree there may be some business done. Its one having cover for a position but quite another having decent cover. To me right back needs strengthened or MMcG may also feel that we need a creative midfielder. Time will tell.

Law is a good top division full back for me and Watt is a good prospect. Signing a right back will only halt Watt's chances of developing further. Kennedy can also fill in on an emergency there.

Genuinely can't fathom the want to sign many right backs at any opportunity. As above, we have three first team players who can play there. Reid was deadwood and wouldn't have got a game and as such left. Signing another right back would take us to Baraclough levels of hoarding, how many exactly do you want in the squad?

• Like 2

We'll find out in the next few days if the squad is large or good enough. If Mark McGhee doesn't agree there will be another signing or two but if he does agree there may be some business done. Its one having cover for a position but quite another having decent cover. To me right back needs strengthened or MMcG may also feel that we need a creative midfielder. Time will tell.

Well, he certainly wasn't after a right back late last night... The player in question was refused by his parent club. As discussed this morning, season defining week? 3 Wins and everything in the garden will be rosy, 3 defeats & the knicker wetting/porridge dribbling* will be in overdrive.

*delete as applicable