2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Delighted to see him pen a new deal. Nothing beats watching a winger in full flight, and he has the right product with his crosses too.

As others have said, he can also put one of the sweetest strikes on a ball I have seen at Fir Park.

Excellent news, On his game he's one of the best players in the league, just hope Bara gets the best out him!!

Happy with the Chalmers signing as well, I was speaking to someone in the know at Celtic and he was annoyed they let him go, thought he had a big future there.

McDonald, Long, Laing and Lyle Taylor next please :nyam:

If we finished last year with the first choice 11 then we have 3 of the back four and all of the midfield 4 signed up. Someone for up front and we have the basis of a good team.

Agreed but oddly enough we finished 11th with that team, but perhaps thats an oversimplification.

• Like 2

Simply don't understand the Championship manager chat from people wanting Ainsworth through the middle, he's been playing football for 15/16 years but all of a sudden he's a striker?

Got to agree. Even in his interview today he calls himself an out and out winger. Ainsworth strength is getting in behind full backs, put him in the middle you negate that. He can score goals and can strike a ball, hell yeah but not a centre forward for me.

Big John Philiben was one of the best strikers of a ball I've ever seen but I wouldn't want him up front.

• Like 2

If Baraclough and Robinson can find what gets Ainsworth motivated, then this is a fantastic deal, hopefully he finds a couple off teamates he clicks with as well, nothing like fighting for your pals, he often looks isolated in training, warm ups, halftimes etc maybe that punch up lit a fire

I'm just glad rangers didn't lure him away although that probably wan't going to happen after his goal celebrations :ph34r:

Aye cause that stopped them signing Mo Johnston

But Mo Johnston and even Larsson, Hartson,Nakamura,Thompson, Maloney, Sutton, Lambert, Thom, Collins

never even got close to damaging them like :

Erwin, McManus, Ainsworth, Johnson and Sutton did, and wee Lionel did it twice for good measure

• Like 1

Jordan White might be an interesting one. Scored a lot of goals for a struggling Livingston team last season. I believe he is also quite a big lad in the Lee Erwin mold. Certainly has a bit of physical presence about him.

Motherwell Times mentions White today. Could be a direct lift from here though as no sources. Just says Bara 'could be tempted'.

Youd think if Livi wanted a 30k release clause met, that maybe Motherwell could meet them in the middle and propose that they keep the gate receipts from all our friendlies were playing there... Assuming the rumour that we are playing all our friendlies there are true. Livi arent exactly in a position to knock back 15-20k when they potentially could get nothing.

The council own the ground i believe, we will pay a lease for the matches. I dont know if Livi would see any benefit of us playing there. Hence why a deal could be struck for us to steal their big striker.

Correct - hired by Livngston from West Lothian Council every season. Assuming we then in turn will be leasing it from Livingston for some sort of fee/agreement. Could be wrong though.

There are a couple of players in the ladies team that could do us a turn. In the final just now against Rangers. Battered them.

Mandy Burns is a superb player and similar to a few of girls in the current side she has played at a very high level throughout her footballing career. Her distribution of the ball is second to none and she is also a great finisher to boot. They are too good for the league they are currently in, however, last nights cup final opponents Rangers ran them close in the first half. We are an ageing side though and it will be interesting to see how they cope when these experienced older players decide to hang up their boots.

Baraclough in the press conference today saying he is looking to bring in another 5 or 6 to give us a first team squad of c 20 players.

Still speaking to Skippy. Wouldn't rule out bringing back Laing or Long.

So for me that shopping list needs to be - Goalie, Centre half or 2, Couple of strikers and maybe a midfielder for cover. That would give us a couple of players in each position