Post Split Fixtures

Kmcalpin

Presumably the post split fixtures are due out imminently? No doubt the precise timing will be down to the TV companies haggling and horsetrading over the draft list which they will already have been given.

In my view our prospects will depend in no small part on the exact fixture list. Playing Partick at home is a very different prospect from playing them away. Likewise I don't fancy another trip to Dingwall. Accies travelling to Paisley might be a different game to Saints going to Hamilton.

Ideally I'd like (in no particular order) 3 homes and 2 aways:

Partick H

Killie H

Hamilton A

Ross County H

St Mirren A

Thats how it should pan out on the basis of previous fixtures but we'll see.

The first 3 games after the split are vital, especially if one of them is against RC, we need 9 points and hope that RC slip up in either 1 or both of their other 2 games. That would allow us to get back on terms (or hopefully ahead of them :whistling: ) with a couple of games left, then it will be all to play for.

I would like Ross County at home as the first game post split. Win that and it sets the tone for the rest of the games, ourselves with a bit of momentum and Ross County suddenly having a few questions asked of them.

Lose that game and the rest of the campaign can be spent preparing for the play offs.

• Like 1

If I was scheduling TV, our Ross County game would be last game of the season.

Might be meaningless by that time, as we need to beat them and have Ross County drop points elsewhere somewhere along the line.

From a Motherwell point of view, I'd want Ross County first. Beat them at Fir Park and all of a sudden their run is over and we are right down their necks again with 4 to go.