2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

David

Good to see the pre-season moans getting an outing.

As well as eliminating the 12 quid entry price issue, playing training games behind closed doors would also reduce the panic, and complaining and misery on here.

We have had some truly mince-worthy seasons on the back of a good pre-season and vice-versa. As long as we get through them injury free and let the new boys settle in, the results are pretty meaningless. Especially when there are so many subs and the bosses are playing with ideas and formations.

• Like 1

Hardly panic guys, Rammer merely states he'd like tae see a few more goals, and I spout some drivel .Panic what panic.

Correct, if you read my post I'm quite aware these games don't count for much and we have time to sort things out but if Baraclough isn't at least asking questions of our strikers to go out in the next game and show him what they are made of, then he isn't doing his job right. Strikers feed off confidence so let's hope in the remaining pre-season games they can shine and carry some momentum into the opening game of the season.

• Like 1

Pleasant enough afternoon away from the office, the game was quite aggressive in spells for a friendly. Tad concerning from a Motherwell perspective that we showed the same old frailties at the back with absolutely nothing going forward.

First impression is that there is a player in Moult but he's going to need someone like Skippy beside him to get him in the game.

Pearson motm by a distance with the two centre halves relatively dominant in open play despite the score line.

• Like 1