Hamilton V Motherwell Sat 5 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

It'll be the usual blood and guts derby and I just hope we're fired up for it this time. Accies will be their usual belligerent and aggressive self and our lads can expect a tough physical encounter from very streetwise opponents. Accies will not simply tolerate us if we try to play football. I can foresee a red card and a few bookings with perhaps a penalty thrown in. Oh how I'd love to give them a hammering on their own ground!

I think Accies time is up.

We can expect lots of blood guts and petulance from our inferior neighbours but if Motherwell have the right psychology (which I think is half the battle), we may see a repeat of the gubbing we dished out at fir park towards end of last season. If Motherwells heads aren't right, they'll allow themselves to be bullied.

Depending upon midweek results, it may be a golden opportunity for us to give some clear space between us and the trap door whilst shoving Accies ever closer.

It all depends on which Motherwell turns up.

Interesting to read a quote from McDonald from the weekend; "We have a tough run but those are the games when we produce good performances and get wins. Those games arent the ones we fear."

That's actually been borne out over the season as we've often just plainly not turned up against teams on poor runs this season. County were 1 win in 6 when they pitched up at Fir Park earlier in the season, Accies were on a poor run at New Year when we dropped points and completely stopped playing after we went 1 up early on, so too St Johnstone the other week, that was their first win in 9 IIRC. Contrast that with say the "must win" United game who were off the back of a few decent results (incidentally with their win at County at the weekend we're the only team to have beaten them in their last 6).

Even overlooking our historically poor record at NDP if we're to get anything out of this game (and it won't surprise me if we don't) there'll need to be a bit of a sea change in attitude from the players. Hopefully the fact Accies picked up a point against Celtic on Friday night is enough to focus our squad and make sure Saturday isn't another 1 step forward, 2 back.

Either way I won't be in the least surprised if there's a red card and Accies continue to embarrass themselves by cheating their way through 90mins of an almost unwatchable shitfest.

I'm confident we can get a result on Saturday despite recent disappointments at NDP. I thought they were rank at New Year and we should have beaten them easily. I would go with exactly the same team as the weekend, tempted to include Ainsworth given Marvin's lack of form recently but I would keep Marv in defensive tracking back. Hopefully we will bring a good crowd on Saturday and fill the majority of the stand willing us on to victory. If we do get a win I would bet us to get a result against United on Friday and hopefully this should create a bit of breathing space between us and Killie/Hamilton.

As a couple of people have mentioned I think Accies team might be oot this year, never been very impressed with them recently apart from some moments of individual brillance.

I'm confident we can get a result on Saturday despite recent disappointments at NDP. I thought they were rank at New Year and we should have beaten them easily. I would go with exactly the same team as the weekend, tempted to include Ainsworth given Marvin's lack of form recently but I would keep Marv in defensive tracking back. Hopefully we will bring a good crowd on Saturday and fill the majority of the stand willing us on to victory. If we do get a win I would bet us to get a result against United on Friday and hopefully this should create a bit of breathing space between us and Killie/Hamilton.

As a couple of people have mentioned I think Accies team might be oot this year, never been very impressed with them recently apart from some moments of individual brillance.

Marvin's lack of form? He scored on Saturday...

We hadn't won at Parkhead since Mark McGhee last managed the feat in his last spell and we've not won at New Douglas Park since he lead us to victory there in 2009.

I've just about exhausted the list of justifiable footballing reasons over past fixtures there as to why we were going to win so fuck it one of those daft cyclical quirks that make no sense but happen from time to time in fitba will do this time.

While, of course, there were long stretches where we were in different divisions, I don't remember us having a great record at the old Douglas Park either.

Be happy to take points from this one. Winning by a few would be a nice bonus, but I suspect Accies will plan to keep things as tight as they can.

The next 2 games are absolutely massive and once again, for me, fall into the "must not lose" category.

Our points total against our peers in 2016 is pitiful and our record at New Douglas Park is absolutely wretched, however, that said so is Accies, so a draw here would be acceptable. Provided of course we then go on to beat Utd the following week.

One game at a time though....

I have the fear about this, Accies will press and harass us when we have the ball giving no time to get it down and play, we on the other hand will stand off them or run alongside them giving time and space to do what they will.

Combined with the horrible plastic pitch and their physical presence( they will get away with far more against us than they did against Celtic) we'll be fortunate to come away with a point, we've looked less than convincing most of the season and have to go back to December to see us win more than one in a row.

Accies will press and harass us when we have the ball giving no time to get it down and play, we on the other hand will stand off them or run alongside them giving time and space to do what they will.

Combined with the horrible plastic pitch and their physical presence( they will get away with far more against us than they did against Celtic) we'll be fortunate to come away with a point, we've looked less than convincing most of the season and have to go back to December to see us win more than one in a row.

I'm a bit more confident about this one although your post seems to be a good summary of the kind of game we can expect. We, as fans though have to play our part and take a leaf out of Dundee United fans' book, and scream and howl at every jersey pull, foot left in, elbow in the back etc etc. In short constantly pressurise the referee. Accies are streetwise and as we know will employ every trick in the book to intimidate us and con the referee. If Johnson is playing expect a brutal tackle on him early on.

We have to work hard off the ball to close them down; not defend too deeply and above all don't let them have a clear attempt at goal.

• Like 1