The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Looking ahead, Ali Crawford is out of contract at Accies next summer. Certainly worth having the conversation but suspect a Hibs/Aberdeen/Hearts etc will be sniffing around.

Ali Crawford, Greg Docherty & Michael Devlin all OOC at Hamilton, would love all 3 tbh tho it would be extremely unlikely

While remaining a huge fan of wee Tommy and all he did for the club, I cannot help but think that, in this instance, the really smart move would have been to sign Keith Wright.

I doubt we would've been able to afford Keith Wright. Why was it a possibility at the time?

Crawford's progress seems to have stalled or even gone back the way and he hasn't really become the player everyone thought he would be. We might be interested but I'm not so sure about some of the larger clubs.

Last season Crawford got 10 goals and 8 assists.

I think we could deal with that kind of stall in progress.

Crawford's form reminds me a bit of Paul Lambert when we got him from St Mirren. Lambert had been sort of written off as not fulfilling his potential and had lost his way. He joined us about the same age as Crawford as well? I think??

I'm sure lambert did reasonably well after leaving us as well

I doubt we would've been able to afford Keith Wright. Why was it a possibility at the time?

Only in that both Smith and Wright left Raith at around the same time. Wright going to Dundee suggests that there wasn't a huge difference in cost at the time, though even then, I was fairly sure who the better player was.

The Ben Heneghan deal is Tommy McLeanesque. He was quite astute at bringing in players for small fees, getting decent performances from them and then convincing other clubs to buy them for decent money.

Very true but he also signed quite a few duds. For every good un he brought to Fir Park he brought a flop. To be fair, most managers are the same.

Very true but he also signed quite a few duds. For every good un he brought to Fir Park he brought a flop. To be fair, most managers are the same.

At least in those days,when you brought in a dud, you could move them on quickly. How long were the likes of Crawford Baptie or Ally Graham on our books. The introduction of the transfer window screwed that option.

At least in those days,when you brought in a dud, you could move them on quickly. How long were the likes of Crawford Baptie or Ally Graham on our books. The introduction of the transfer window screwed that option.

Move on Duds quickly in those days ?? really ....Stevie Woods?? 9 yrs the biggest dud on the planet :prankster: Alex Burns dud first time round resigned and guess what a dud again.

• Like 2

Move on Duds quickly in those days ?? really ....Stevie Woods?? 9 yrs the biggest dud on the planet :prankster: Alex Burns dud first time round resigned and guess what a dud again.

Please note the word "could". Before the transfer window was brought in, at least there was that option available.

The fact that several managers thought that Stevie Woods was not only worth a game, but also a contract renewal is inexplicable.

Some of the figures getting banded about during the last day of the window are bat shit. Free transfer to over £1m in the blink of an eye, for guys who aren't playing competitive football.

The Jeroen Sinclair situation is mental. Watford and Sheffield United agree a loan fee, Sinclair wants to go Sheffield but his agent tells him to sit in Sheffield train station while he tries to get himself a bigger fee. Deal gets cancelled due to the agent's greed and Sinclair will spend a few months watching Soccer Saturday instead of playing in front of 27,000 at Bramall Lane.

The Jeroen Sinclair situation is mental. Watford and Sheffield United agree a loan fee, Sinclair wants to go Sheffield but his agent tells him to sit in Sheffield train station while he tries to get himself a bigger fee. Deal gets cancelled due to the agent's greed and Sinclair will spend a few months watching Soccer Saturday instead of playing in front of 27,000 at Bramall Lane.

Just highlights the lengths agents will go to line their own pockets even to the detriment of their clients development

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2730888-a-day-in-the-life-of-sheffield-united-boss-chris-wilder-on-transfer-deadline-day

An article following Sheffield United's managaer on deadline day. We seem to be quite straight forward to deal with compared to some of the chancers down in England.

Very very interesting, if not a bit disturbing but it shows you what clubs have to go through while we have at times sat waiting and sometimes criticising a perceived lack of progress.....thanks for posting

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2730888-a-day-in-the-life-of-sheffield-united-boss-chris-wilder-on-transfer-deadline-day

An article following Sheffield United's managaer on deadline day. We seem to be quite straight forward to deal with compared to some of the chancers down in England.

Saw the video of this, he comes off the phone from a player whose view he values about Ben, does he say thanks Carl (McHugh)?

There is no proof it is, however I would be disappointed if any player (never mind our club captain) was invoked in anyway in assisting an other club to come in for one of our players. Even if it was just an opinion. Regardless of how good a move it was for the club. Again, there isn't any proof.

• Andy_P locked this topic