The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

Aston Villa manager on McCormack's move to Motherwell. (Source: Various from an interview, but Daily Record transfer centre)

"I believe there could be another loan in order (for Ross).

“I have not spoken to him. I have not actually met him yet. Richard O’Kelly has three or four players on loan he keeps in touch with. JT has the others.

“They keep me updated with what is happening with them. I’m led to believe there could be a deal close.”

On 1/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, fizoxy said:

A name I heard mentioned was Aidan Nesbitt, an ex-Celtic youth winger who got released by MkDons today. Don’t know much else about him or how feasible the move is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signed for Dundee Utd.

On 12/28/2018 at 5:10 PM, Mitch said:

If Ross McCormack signs then I’ll eat my shoe!

On 12/28/2018 at 5:22 PM, MelvinBragg said:

And so you don't have one shoe, I'll eat the other one...

Someone get these two scamps a knife and fork, eh? ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I've been really critical of robinson this season but fair play too him here,he has said recently he wants too try and change the way we play(time will tell if that happens) but this signing is a step in the right direction and with the talk of pace and width being needed,we might be in for a more than decent january window.fair play too everyone at the club for pulling this one off, welcome back roscoe.

Fair play to the club. On paper, it seems a very good signing and brining in a bit of much needed quality. I hope we are able to bring in a few players around McCormack to move us forward. Another striker, attacking midfielder and a winger with quality  with a few moving out should set us up well; it seems Dunne and McHugh will be back come the Scottish cup). I do believe that we as a club should always be looking at a policy of a core of “quality” supported by youth (either ours or brought in) should be the model we are working too and one which is sustainable for the ownership model, rather than the mass of lower league England bodies that we’ve been brining in recently. 

Sensational signing, well done to the club. 

Seems hiss contract at Villa is up in August 2020. Perhaps they are thinking if he plays and scores up here for a few months another championship club might sign him in the summer. 

Its a pointless signing if were gonna keep firing 60 yard punts at the Strikers faces, so I hope it comes with a change of gameplan.  

But ......... what an exciting signing. This is a guy that was signed for £12m two seasons ago and has a great scoring record. Yes he may not be at the peak of his powers, but even now he should have enough class to run the show in most games up here. Great work!

On a side note, I see young Alfredo Agyeman has left after his contract expired? From what Id seen and heard he was highly rated and a fair prospect. Wonder what has happened there? 

• Like 1