Jump to content

David

2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Off topic (apologies) but at the mention of Hastie - did we ever get money from Rangers for him?   If so, was it what we were supposed to get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

I’m sure we got a fee, £400K come to mind but can’t be sure. 

Thanks for the reply. We actually got the money, though, aye?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stu said:

Thanks for the reply. We actually got the money, though, aye?

I looked back at the AGM 2019 thread as I remember it being discussed then.  The line was that the situation was resolved amicably and there was a sell on involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, Andy_P said:

I looked back at the AGM 2019 thread as I remember it being discussed then.  The line was that the situation was resolved amicably and there was a sell on involved.

Aye I remember seeing that. So we were due around £400k compo but accepted maybe £50k and a sell-on that we will never see.....

Cant imagine why people would think we always bend over for Rangers?! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure we were due £400k for a move in the same league, but if we weren't happy with the offer, we could have gone to arbitration.

It's still a decent approach though as while you never escape situations like this, the up side is a Marvin Johnson or Cedric Kipré.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shaka said:

Aye I remember seeing that. So we were due around £400k compo but accepted maybe £50k and a sell-on that we will never see.....

Cant imagine why people would think we always bend over for Rangers?! :lol:

Aye Rangers have got an absolute bargain with Hastie so they have

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And to think folk on here were fuuuuuuuuuuming we didn't extend his deal after 3 goals in 50 appearances in League One.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Frankly getting any cash for Hastie is starting to look like a masterstroke...

I think playing alongside Turnbull was key to Hastie’s form, which makes you realise just how good Turnbull is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hastie was never as good as Turnbull, but had a purple patch got interest from Rangers saw the chance for a big payday and took it good luck to him. He's not as bad as many are making out here, but because of the way he left, he would have been better advised to move on loan somewhere else as many on here will not move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Frankly getting any cash for Hastie is starting to look like a masterstroke...

My thoughts as well, fair play to him though he will earn close to  £1 Million  from his contract spend 4 years out on loan,  never getting near the Rangers team and then turn up at a championship or league 1 club when he is released 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has the attributes to become a good player but I’m thinking he can’t be bothered working to improve himself. Initially I was thinking if coaching staff had put some time in they could have made him much better but bottom line is he could have been doing that himself, even if they didn’t.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ropy said:

Might be time for him to consider reinventing himself as a full back

Personally, I think it would really benefit us between now and May if he reinvents himself as a footballer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Yassin said:

Aye Rangers have got an absolute bargain with Hastie so they have

Thats not the point and You know it. Shoe on the other foot, Rangers held firm wi Dundee Utd on Charlie Telfer and ended up getting £150k+ at tribunal, dont think the guy is even playing football anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YASSSSSS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ropy said:

Might be time for him to consider reinventing himself as a full back

Good shout... I still think he can be a good player, for us or someone else... he's got pace, is OK in the air and fairly robust. If there's less pressure on him to create something every time he gets the ball and can simply get up and down the touchline, he might do pretty well as a left back in a back 3 / 5. I'm assuming he could learn / improve the defending side of things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today just deepens the mystery of Folay and Nolan. They're not injured, so even with a decimated squad they're both either so unfit or so pish that Alexander would rather have two empty seats on the bench than have them to call on.

Bizarre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoF said:

Today just deepens the mystery of Folay and Nolan. They're not injured, so even with a decimated squad they're both either so unfit or so pish that Alexander would rather have two empty seats on the bench than have them to call on.

Bizarre. 

Is Nolan even training with us?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we didn’t have much to do with it, and we almost screwed it up, but getting money for Hastie looks like some piece of business at this point.

He desperately needs a run of games at a lower level, as he has the attributes to be a good player, and has shown what he’s capable of when on form, but that Rangers move has set him back years as a player. The money will be nice for him, but that isn’t going to last much longer.

as for the winter signings, I can only assume we either wanted 11 to play against in training or needed more bodies for painting the stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know exactly how many players we have under contract for next season and who they are? 

Trying to look ahead to what will be our promotion chasing squad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Does anyone know exactly how many players we have under contract for next season and who they are? 

Trying to look ahead to what will be our promotion chasing squad...

CONTRACTED TO 2022

Carson, Lawless, Watt, Donnelly, Lamie, O'Hara, Grimshaw (!!!), McGinlay

OUT OF CONTRACT MAY 2021

Everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×