2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

Very early days but I agree with Yorkyred that our defence will be under scrutiny this season and particularly in the early games. Without putting too much emphasis on results so far Robbo must have his thoughts about our rearguard having lost 7 goals in 2 games. Certainly we have a number of new players just settling in and naturally they look a bit disjointed. You'd imagine that he'll want to pair Gallagher with McGinley in the middle with Carroll and Grimshaw on the flanks. However its not clear when he'll be able to field that formation. Where does Lamie fit in? Will he play McGinley at left back? Will some young lads like Cornelius, Devine and Hussain push on?

More questions than answers at this stage.

I doubt Robinson knows how he wants us to set up yet, so that won't be a problem. I expect we'll see a few formations before the new season kicks off - and probably a few afterwards.
Once the season is in full swing, however, it won't be difficult to keep tabs on all the other teams in the SPFL, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Might seem a bit odd, but will the clubs all need to buy a season ticket for each other to stream games or will they be grown-up enough to sort a reciprocal arrangement?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, supermarv said:

Got to try and improve at right back, Grimmy is a great guy but he’s a squad player and not a starter for me. Launches it whatever way he’s facing, miles off when shutting down and marking etc. 

He's the first name on Robinson's teamsheet  :nod:

2 hours ago, daver said:

Might seem a bit odd, but will the clubs all need to buy a season ticket for each other to stream games or will they be grown-up enough to sort a reciprocal arrangement?

Accies fan over on P&B saying they’re offering away fans access for a tenner which is fine as long as it’s a decent stream unlike last night.

I would imagine all clubs will offer something similar

2 hours ago, daver said:

I raised a similar point on the streaming thread. I can see there being a fairly reasonable agreement being come to with the majority of the clubs, but given how the OF have been shafting everyone with their own TV packages for years I wonder how those games will be accessed.

Also remains to be seen what the T's and C's with Sky are in terms of caps on numbers, etc. I had thought  there was something in that stopping the club offering streaming to all fans off the bat. 

5 minutes ago, santheman said:

Accies fan over on P&B saying they’re offering away fans access for a tenner which is fine as long as it’s a decent stream unlike last night.

I would imagine all clubs will offer something similar

Accies are on the fiddle again. They didn't offer season tickets for sale this season so probably have some backdoor deal with a shell company to launder money via their new streaming service.

(Allegedly).

:whistling:

26 minutes ago, santheman said:

Accies are using the same streaming service that we do, so most of the issues we saw last night will likely be affecting all the clubs at the moment until they're fixed. (Bar any that are down to the quality of the internet connection between the stadium and the servers, and/or the camera equipment being used.)

On 7/23/2020 at 2:17 PM, Onthefringes said:

He's the first name on Robinson's teamsheet  :nod:

I really liked Grimshaw as a player when he first arrived from Man Utd. Did the simple things well and his attitude was without question. He reminded me a bit of a Neil Lennon type player (in playing style only) and would have fitted nicely as a holding midfielder. 

He does not look like a natural right back to me but I can see why Robinson would want to have him in the team.  If he is indeed the first name on the team sheet, I would imagine it is for his attitude and work ethic as much as anything else. He is a player that I prefer to see in the team than not. That he would be the first name on the team sheet is very interesting. 

45 minutes ago, Shaka said:

I take it the deal for the Wigan lad is in the bin now?

Well it’s certainly dragging on for sure. I thought maybe when Long signed it may be off but someone said he had already been around the club. 

On 7/24/2020 at 12:50 AM, daver said:

Surely he left Kilmarnock as he's hoping to earn a lot more elsewhere. That rules us out.

Training with Hamilton now! A pity we wont make a move, he's 20 times the player Grimshaw is

• Like 1