Jumbomuir

Big Dec

The key to getting the best out of Gallagher is probably as much to do with inding the right player o partner him at centre back. A so,I'd experienced operator like a fit Peter Hartley would take a fair bit of responsibility and pressure off and allow him to concentrate on his own performance. There is also a case for looking at the captaincy and maybe letting Carson take the armband for a few games. As our friend from Texas says, he is a good player and he will come good. We simply have to find a way to get to that situation sooner rather than later.

20 hours ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

I think we are now seeing why Livingston fans suggested at the time we were signing the wrong centre back

He played 38 games for us last season. Took us to third and won two Scotland caps. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The African said:

The key to getting the best out of Gallagher is probably as much to do with inding the right player o partner him at centre back. A so,I'd experienced operator like a fit Peter Hartley would take a fair bit of responsibility and pressure off and allow him to concentrate on his own performance. There is also a case for looking at the captaincy and maybe letting Carson take the armband for a few games. As our friend from Texas says, he is a good player and he will come good. We simply have to find a way to get to that situation sooner rather than later.

Think to achieve that we have to go back to a flat back four, IMO this would also help O’Donnell as he’s never a wing back, doesn’t know wether to stick or twist 

I don't believe giving or taking away someone wearing an armband to be a real reason why Dec hasn't been his best. Could just be a natural loss of form, one that hopefully comes back soon. It happens to everyone you don't just become a bad player over night. I have faith in our captain. COYW!

There’s no doubt that he’s not played as well this season after setting very high standards last, however anyone suggesting he gets dropped needs to take a good look at the alternatives.....

He’s still by far our best defender and will come good, just need to find a stable back 4 with the right partner for him. If Dunne can ever regain his fitness he may be the best fit we have.  If all were fit I’d like to see a back 4 of O’Donnell, Gallagher, Dunne and Carroll. 

I like Dunne, but he has a lot to do if he's to replace Mugabi - big Bevis has been well worth his place this season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Think to achieve that we have to go back to a flat back four, IMO this would also help O’Donnell as he’s never a wing back, doesn’t know wether to stick or twist 

Certainly wouldn't disagree with that. We need to find a system and formation that all our players are comfortable and best suits their abilities. I feel that the loss of Donnelly has probably prompted the move to a back five. His defensive sweeping in front of our back four was a big factor in our success last season.

9 hours ago, The African said:

Certainly wouldn't disagree with that. We need to find a system and formation that all our players are comfortable and best suits their abilities. I feel that the loss of Donnelly has probably prompted the move to a back five. His defensive sweeping in front of our back four was a big factor in our success last season.

I suspect the move to 352 was prompted by all of our wingers being shite and none of our strikers being able to play the lone striker role...

I suspect the move to 352 was prompted by all of our wingers being shite and none of our strikers being able to play the lone striker role...
He's literally throwing shite at the wall and seeing what sticks. Not a good sign this early into the season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk