David

2022/23 ins & outs discussion

1 hour ago, AllyMax said:

Who are you counting as a good guy in that photo ??? Not McClair surely ? (The original McCair was a good guy, the one that came back was a wk).

Yes it was McClair the good guy even the one that came back had more talent than the other 7 wasters combined.

47 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Yes it was McClair the good guy even the one that came back had more talent than the other 7 wasters combined.

Didn't make him a good guy though - definitely a wnk.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I’ll bet you 100 quid one of them finishes in the bottom six. 

That wasn't the assumption the assumption was that neither would improve on their last year's finish. If you want to bet me Hibs won't finish above 9th or Aberdeen above 10th I'll happily wager you £100.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:23 AM, Onthefringes said:

It’s a big ‘if’ on the clubs mentioned. I think there’s an over emphasis on the abilities of messrs Goodwin & McKinnes for starters.

I'm with you on this OTF. Goodwin has yet to prove himself with a bigger club. As for McInnes, I've never bought in to love in.  I'm not expecting him to transform Killie - he might improve them a bit but not transform them.

3 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

That wasn't the assumption the assumption was that neither would improve on their last year's finish. If you want to bet me Hibs won't finish above 9th or Aberdeen above 10th I'll happily wager you £100.

That’s a truly ridiculous thing to offer even money on, and you know it.

What Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock or Dundee United do doesn't really matter, as we can't influence that. We'll approach the season in the same way we always do, which is to first of all avoid relegation, then when we're fairly sure that's not on the cards we'll be pushing for top six. 

22 minutes ago, David said:

What Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock or Dundee United do doesn't really matter, as we can't influence that. We'll approach the season in the same way we always do, which is to first of all avoid relegation, then when we're fairly sure that's not on the cards we'll be pushing for top six. 

Exactly, for every club that improves another will struggle. We just need to make sure we’re not one of the worst two and go from there. That’s not a lack of ambition it’s the reality for a good half a dozen teams in this league every season.

• Like 3

Some talk online that were signing paul mcginn from Hibs.

1 hour ago, mfc said:

Some talk online that were signing paul mcginn from Hibs.

U sure it’s not John 

1 minute ago, mfc said:

This signing doesn't make much sense to me

With SOD and Max Johnston at RB, it makes no sense to sign McGinn. If, however, he can play LB, he should start ahead of Carroll/McGinley.

43 minutes ago, wellfan said:

With SOD and Max Johnston at RB, it makes no sense to sign McGinn. If, however, he can play LB, he should start ahead of Carroll/McGinley.

Unless the manager doesn't rate Johnston? 

He can play on the right of a back 3 and RB, so gives us cover/competition for SOD and the option of switching up formations.

Is max still a RB? I think he played in midfield a bit for QotS.

Wow!!!!! What a signing.....ahh it's Paul.  Good experience but not sure where he fits in if we have SOD. could (and hopefully) play left back but if that was case we should sign an actual left back 

As much as I don't rate either of our left backs,I don't think playing mcginn or odonnell there is the answer.if odonnell was to move on then signing mcginn makes sense but if not it's a bit of a strange signing considering alexander said he wanted a more streamlined squad this season.

Given SO’D was an absolute disgrace for large spells last season then whether he is moving on or not is irrelevant, this is a good signing for us.

Welcome to our average sized, firmly established top flight club Paul McGinn.

17 hours ago, GazzyB said:

That’s a truly ridiculous thing to offer even money on, and you know it.

Not for someone who thinks Aberdeen and Hibs won't be better next year.  That was the entire point I can't for a minute believe they will be any worse than they were last year. If others are so confident they will be it's up to them to take the bet.  An improvement is anything better than they did last year.  That's all I said at the outset that they will be better than last year. 

5 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

People would rather suffer Mugabi at right back for spells then? Aye, OK...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Paul McGinn wouldnt need to be particularly good to improve our pish defence. I cant believe folk are already rubbishing the guy when we basically watched utter pish last year and had the unenviable honour of the 3rd worst defensive record in the league. Would probably have been the worst had we not had Kelly.

• Like 1