In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Played 16 a sides wi' jumpers fir goalposts with Michael Hart(PNE i think now), Jim & Martin Lauchlan(Dundee & Peterhead i think) and John Paul McBride(possibly retired).

Unsure if i played with Paul Hartley though - ah cannae mind him until he was signed wi Accies.

Played with guys with more skill than Hart, who never made it - possibly because they liked a drink or six. I guess Hart had his head screwed on when growing up.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Kennedy was 2 years above me in school.

Was a guy in his year Steven Pinkowski who was a keeper on the books at Celtic before moving onto Partick. Don't know where he is now. His little brother David was also signed to Celtic and featured quite regularly in the Celtic View at the time. He was released too though and last I heard was with Wishaw.

Also played in a tournament don't near Morecombe(I think). In our section was a team from Edinburgh who we were told had the best young keeper in Scotland at the time, and I tried to lob from 40 yards. Anyway, IIRC,it turned out it was Craig Gordon.

John Kennedy was 2 years above me in school.

Was a guy in his year Steven Pinkowski who was a keeper on the books at Celtic before moving onto Partick. Don't know where he is now. His little brother David was also signed to Celtic and featured quite regularly in the Celtic View at the time. He was released too though and last I heard was with Wishaw.

Also played in a tournament don't near Morecombe(I think). In our section was a team from Edinburgh who we were told had the best young keeper in Scotland at the time, and I tried to lob from 40 yards. Anyway, IIRC,it turned out it was Craig Gordon.

Steven Pinkowski is at junior side Linlithgow Rose now.I sometimes go up to watch them play and he is a great goalie.

Regarding to the school stuff.

I think Coach was a few years my senior, but him being a Coltness lad, thing i played cuppy with a good few times when i was younger.

At BB's i also played against Darren Smith, and my mate kneecapped his brother one tournament ;)

As for the current crop Lawless from the Under 19's played against him and went to college with him, cracking wee player doesnt like a bad challenge though :whistling:

Forgot as well tht Joe Savage was 2 years above me. Played for Hamilton, Stenny, East Fife and East Stirling twice. Had a few trials at Hibs and Leicester too. He was at East Stirling a couple of season back when they played Rangers at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup and The Sun had him do one of their diaries for the week in the build up to the game.

When Joe was at Hamilton they tried to sign our entire Jerviston team. They were 2nd Division at h time and our bosses knocked them back. About 3 months later was when their players went on strike and they were relegated to the 3rd Division, and released just about all their players.

Oh and mines is Gary Mac, in my regi class at Braidhurst for all 4 years there. Do I win, Scotland Captain and all?

I used to play against Braidhurst and a certain Ian Ferguson. I took great delight in booting him up and down the park whenever I caught him :whistling:

First scorer in the cup final beats a Scotland captain any day :P-_-

Don't think Brannock was even built when weeyin wis at school wis it?

Oh and mines is Gary Mac, in my regi class at Braidhurst for all 4 years there. Do I win, Scotland Captain and all?

You must have been the year above me then. My bro would have been in your regi class. GM was in a few of my classes when he was repeating his highers.

Eh, thought this was In's and Out's. Mind you I'm enjoying reading this just as much tbh. Don't think

Garrion Academy(now Clyde Valley high)had any sporting geniuses, did they :D

Few that were leg ends in their own head though was how I remember, and was Big Rog Hynd and the Whiteford guys not approaching football geniuses :lol: