Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

Its get worryingly close to the Saturday of the fifth round which most likely I'll have no chance of getting the nightshift off :woop: .

No problem getting midweek shifts off but even in january all the weekend dates are booked.

With all them sheep up there can they not just cover the pitch in wool?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant get wednesday off, so really dissappointed, but I could probably get monday off. :woop:

Not sure what to do? :lol:

I wonder if the park is playable now? Maybe a bit hasty with the inspections, due to the stick they got after the last round?

They can't win though, as many people would have left by now.

Totally entitled to your opinion mate but while you're defending the honour of the "wee team" this bloody tie is not getting played. What would you propose? Maybe wait till March when the pitch up there finally thawes out. This is nothing to do with being "billy big baws". I just want this joke of a match out of the road ASAP.

Feel for all the guys who keep arranging holidays from work then having to cancel them again. I'm sure their respective employers are only to happy to repeatedly make allowances for them??!

Get down off your high horse and look at this in a practical manner :woop:

I'm one of those guys who keep having to re-arrange holidays etc, as even though I'm in Inverness, it's still a hundred miles away and to get a decent drink I'll have to go and stay over. My boss is getting pretty fed up, but thankfully their accomodating me on this one.

I'm every bit as frustrated as everyone else at these games being postponed all the time, but forcing Inverurie to play at another ground should be considered a last resort. I know that if we had been having the problems with our pitch that we did last year and ours was a home tie against the old firm, the last thing I'd want is to give up the home advantage and shift the tie, just to get it out the road.

I agree with previous posters though, that if the SFA are happy to allow highland league and junior teams into the cup that they should be willing to help them out with organising their events and helping to get the games on.

Certainly the outlook for Wednesday doesn't look good at all. The pitch has to completely defrost before then, and thats assuming no more sub zero temperatures. If it doesn't, any water will simply lie on top.

The way I understand it there is absolutely no pressure being placed on Locos and the game will be played at Harlaw Park when its played and not before. If its after the next round, a week on Saturday, then so be it.

I'm in Stirling,not a million miles from Inverurie and the temps here were predicted exactly the same as Inverurie (actually colder) and yes, looked at my grass and surrounding fields at 8 this morning and they were solid.

However, every inch of grass I have seen since 2 O'Clock would take a stud no problem... :notworthy:

I am also firmly in the camp that they have been too hasty and the pitch will be fine, we couldn't have had more sunshine today to thaw the park out!!!

I'm in Stirling,not a million miles from Inverurie

errrm. quite some distance away - approx. 130 miles.  The weather, I find, tends to change past Perth - tends to be drier, colder East and North of there. Rural Aberdeenshire is like tundra in winter.

Stirling is cold though.

thing is, a dont see why wednesday is gonna be any different, still gonnae be as cold.

As far as the whole "give it a day with the sun shining on it" I'd rather the game was called off now than at 5 o'clock when yer half way up the road.

Don't think motherwell and it's supporters are in any position to complain about pitches, i've tried to steer away from crackin up about this game as it was ourselves who were facing the wrath at this exact time last season.

If the game ends up screwing up the St Mirren game - when does that then get played?

And if its not a Saturday do the SFA re pay the money lost from making it a mid week game?

People seem to be side stepping the SFA here - they are the one who let the Locos into the Scottish Cup, but have not helped them one bit in terms of trying to get this pitch playable.

Also their whole Rangers argument from last year is bollocks - that was down to the SPL allowing Rangers time to prepare for their riots in Manchester in the Euro Cup!

If my memory serves me right when Billy Davies was in charge we ended up playing a 3rd round replay against Arbroath on the same day as the 4th round games were played. We'd had the abandonment up there and at least one postponement at Fir Park.

Our 4th round tie was against Stirling Albion which was played if not the immediate Saturday after the Arbroath game, it was a Saturday in the immediate aftermath.

Taking that as a precedent (though no guarantee its still the same) I guess you'd be looking at possibly the Accies game would take the hit - but you'd be looking at a loss of revenue then from a midweek game against them.

People seem to be side stepping the SFA here - they are the one who let the Locos into the Scottish Cup, but have not helped them one bit in terms of trying to get this pitch playable.

Whats that supposed to mean, All SHFL clubs are full blown members of the Scottish Football Association and therefore have every right to play in the cup.

It's only the Juniors that have been recently let into the cup competitions just to appease the Central Belt Junior Mafia.

The question you should be asking is why did MFC not allow the game to be rearranged for the midweek after the original date?

Don't think motherwell and it's supporters are in any position to complain about pitches, i've tried to steer away from crackin up about this game as it was ourselves who were facing the wrath at this exact time last season.

Pish. It's no the fans fault our pitch is rubbish, we have every right to complain. The club on the other hand don't.

Despite protesting that I wasnt going today I went into the office and organised the afternoon off only to cancel it about 20mins later.

I am 100% no for Wednesday but I have got myself provisionally booked out of the office on Monday in the hope that the game fails on Saturday and we manage next Monday!

Getting a bit of a farce now to be honest.

While it's a pain in the arse being postponed again, I'd far rather the call's early to avoid an unnecessary journey and time off work for no reason.

My bosses are pretty easy going thankfully, but I'm not going to rip the piss by taking half days leave every few days.

And for the record, it's Loco's home game, so have no problem waiting till their patch is ready. I'll be as disappointed as anyone if we lose a Saturday match in the next round (assuming we win this round), but shit happens.

If we're lucky enough to get through to the Qtr\Semi or even Final, we'll look back on this game as an experience.

MON RA DOSSERS

Inverurie have every right to play at home, just like we did last year against Dundee. I think all things considered the SFA and Inverurie have handled this well - always inspecting early, making early calls. They have a poor pitch in the erse end of nowhere, it was always likely to happen. Oh and it was much colder today than it was forecast.

While in no way detracting from Locos right to stage this at home or be in the tourny or any of that old nonsense, its been suggested to me that if Wed doesn't go ahead the fixture has to be moved.

Is there such a rule ? Does there not have to come a point where the game has to be played or forfieted ?

Not out to wind anyone up this is a genuine question .

Wasn't there a game (back in the 80s, I think) involving Falkirk that didn't get played until about the 23rd attempt? I seem to remember it got to the stage where they just kept rescheduling it for the next day until it finally went ahead. I also seem to remember that even then, it was so cold, a player or two had to be treated for mild hypothermia.

Yes it's frustrating, (I've been able to attend the 1st 3 scheduled dates but alas Wednesday looks a tad difficult), but lets not kid ourselves here or point any fingers at Locos .... who I believe have done the right thing all along. :lol:

Finger of blame can only be pointed at the good old Scottish weather :lol: