2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Tbh not many teams our size have 2 "first" team left backs. Which if we took Smith we would have. Decent player but not what we need at this moment of time.

Don't think Smith would be interested if he wasn't a cert to start as main left back, which with us he certainly wouldn't be

Another left back may be desirable but not keen on Stevie Smith. Was very poor for Aberdeen at Fir Park..

Oh aye, I agree, I'm not keen on him whatsoever. But having Stevie Hammell is not the sole reason to not have options for the left-back position IMO. Last year we had Maurice Ross and Gavin Gunning able to cover Hammell in case of suspension or injury, now we don't.

Leeds aren't short of talent in their front line.

Don't know enough about the other teams current squads, but based on his record to date he'd certainly earn money if he was being bought as an investment. Question for him is, where will he get games and noticed?

It would be another youtube sensation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6PMJMzYgxE&feature=related

Scroll to 1:20 and watch until at least 3:00

The video he's watching is even worse than Chris Porter (uncensored) I implore you all not let the red mist descend and go and find it, unfortunately I didn't.

BBC in Lazy Journalism SHOCK!!!!

Spot what's wrong with this story.

Goalkeeper Lee Hollis extends stay at Motherwell

Page last updated at15:13 GMT, Friday, 10 June 2011 16:13 UK

Motherwell have handed a new one-year contract to goalkeeper Lee Hollis.

The 25-year-old, who arrived from Airdrie United last summer, has been second choice to Darren Randolph.

But he earned praise from boss Stuart McCall when he made his debut in a 4-0 defeat by Celtic on the final day of the Scottish Premier League season.

Hollis said: "I will keep working as hard as I can each and every day to make sure that, if I am called upon, I am ready for anything."

Randolph's excellent form since arriving from Charlton Athletic last summer - he established a new club record for clean sheets - has led to a call up to the Republic of Ireland squad.

But Bellshill-born Hollis hopes that, with the help of goalkeeping coach Stewart Kerr, he can win more first-team starts next season.

"It's good to get things sorted as I really enjoy it here at Motherwell," Hollis told the club website.

"I didn't play much last season, but when the guy between the sticks is performing the way Darren was, you haven't got much of an argument.

"He was brilliant and I learned a lot from him and Stewart Kerr last year."

News of Hollis's contract came on the same day as Michael Fraser, who was released by Motherwell, joined Ross County on a one-year contract.

Fraser, who signed for Well after leaving Inverness Caledonian Thistle in 2009, made only seven appearances for the Fir Park outfit and none during last season, when he was sent out to Montrose on loan.

Meanwhile, Under-19 goalkeeper Willie Muir, who is still eligible for Motherwell's youth team next season, has also signed a one one-year contract extension.

Earlier this week, goalkeeper Tom Bradley, attacking midfielder Jamie Pollock, striker Steve Howarth and left-back Ross McKinnon, who are now too old to continue with the youth team, were given one-year deals and will join the first-team squad.

Still, Rangers don't have an impressive forward line in my opinion but they still scudded about 23 goals past us last season. There's stats for ye.

Rangers had four strikers that scored 10+ league goals last season. Miller, Jelavic, Naismith and Lafferty - 59 league goals between them, 71 goals in all competitions.

But I guess it's up to you if that's impressive or not!