2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Its Paul Heffernan.

He didn't play in the Championship last season though. Burns said he was with a big Championship side last season.

He was released by Doncaster in May last year and signed for Sheffield Wednesday.

You have to register, but it's not exactly pretty reading.......

Galway United

One comment reads

"The former Irish Under-21 international is now impressing a number of scouts and he looks set to move back to Brtain."

Those scouts must be easily impressed. :lol:

I think if we're struggling for a left winger, then we should defiantly look at Graham Carey of Celtic on loan, cracking prospect who's never had a chance at Parkhead and did great whilst at St Mirren.

Its Paul Heffernan.

Bop is indeed correct.

Looks like Mr Burns is either being lazy or just being creative and erasing where Hefferman was playing last year.

His twitter last night stated he played for a big Championship club last year, but he actually played for Wednesday in League One.

So Chris Porter still available thumbup.gif

I think if we're struggling for a left winger, then we should defiantly look at Graham Carey of Celtic on loan, cracking prospect who's never had a chance at Parkhead and did great whilst at St Mirren.

I heard he had been released by Celtic, and is in talks with St Mirren - and since we've done it a few times to St Mirren why not?

We are five weeks away fron the start of the season and about two and a half months till the window closes. Plenty of time, although it would be better to get things sorted before 23rd July. No panic buttons need pressed yet.

Exactly, we should shut this board down from the end of the season until the saturday before the season starts that way we wouldnt have all this greeting and wailing about lack of signings. We never sign anybody early and I was surprised to say the least to see Higdon sign for us so early in the close season

Anyone know of the boy Adam Cummins, who we supposedly signed from Everton Youths after he moved to Glasgow?

Can't find anything on the 'fishal website but Everton AR and the player himself says he plays for us.

Plenty of info on him here: -

http://www.evertonfc.com/academy/adam-cummins.html

Don't have a clue if he's signed for us or not right enough.

I've always wondered why we've never seemed to have any longevity or make anything formal with links to some of the bigger English clubs. 2 years ago it was muted that Everton were going to send barrel loads of kids and fringe players our way after the success of Ruddy and the Duke.

Last season it was Blackburn (to be fair, both managers seemed to have half their team loaned to the SPL) and already now there have been talk of Leeds Utd (only due to the fact they are playing us in what is essentially a meaningless friendly).

I suppose it may limit us to only their players opposed and hence why its never been pursued.

on facebook his status is on the dole

Well he is from Liverpool...

EDIT: Hearing rumours from some Miami based papers that Jack Gough from Ft Lauderdale Strikers (formerly Miami FC) in the second tier of american football (or soccer as they call it :doh:) is going for a trial when pre season starts. He is a left sided midfielder, but has a good reputation for finishing.