2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Its called being realistic.... Craigan and Hammell will be the top earners then you will have the rest of the first team like Murphy, randy, hutch (since he just signed a new improved deal) in-between 1500 and 2k p/w.

Then contracts offered to say Jennings will be similar to Hammell and Craigan if he accepts, younger first team guys like page, Saunders will be 500-1500 then youth under 19 players on 150 - 500 p/w

If you take our clubs size, average attendance, fan base, transfer market activity and financial status into consideration its not hard to work out what the wage structure will be like if you have any experience is business and some common sense.

Can I ask where you got these figures re the U/19s from?

I have it on good authority that the maximium wage is £175 p/w with the minimum being £100 p/w.

Obviously 1 or 2 of the more fancied will get a wee bit more but £500 p/w ! Not a chance.

Apologies if wrong but I think a bit of sense should prevail here. MFC are not cash rich and to suggest an U/19 player is on £500 p/w is a a bit OTT.

Double page spread inside the Record today attributing Stewart Kerr with some words on Celtic's goalkeeping options with a large colour photo of Randolph.

If the words reflect reality - Celtic should have bought Ruddy last year and should buy Randy this year. Although generously he thinks Randy should give us another 6 months.

I realise we are a selling club and I'm perfectly happy for people to be working behind the scenes generating maximum fees for players. Preferably to English teams though, not our rivals.

HOWEVER

When the fuck will employees of our club stop being duped into (giving them the benefit of the doubt) or willingly providing these type of fuckin nonsense interviews.

Stop this pish Motherwell.

Personally I'd be looking at invoking the clubs disciplinary policy for this shite when community ownership comes around.

When the fuck will employees of our club stop being duped into (giving them the benefit of the doubt) or willingly providing these type of fuckin nonsense interviews.

Personally I'd be looking at invoking the clubs disciplinary policy for this shite when community ownership comes around.

Duped?

Motherwell FC's overwhelming aim is to sell their players on for money. Since we just got a giant free advert for a player under contract I don't think anyone at Motherwell will be feeling duped. In fact it was probably part of a strategy to get our players noticed and linked to big clubs.

Of course fans don't like to see our best players hawked around but that's the financial reality of it.

Cool, didn't know it was a deliberate strategy.

I thought football business was done between club officials.

So nobody in football will know that Randy exists unless we go to print sucking the old firm's baby?

It's silly old me that's been duped.

Alfie...wont be coming to Motherwell fact! Le Fondre is without doubt the most selfish player you will ever meet, believe me we dont want him here at Motherwell.

More than likely go Championship/League1

Cool, didn't know it was a deliberate strategy.

I thought football business was done between club officials.

So nobody in football will know that Randy exists unless we go to print sucking the old firm's baby?

It's silly old me that's been duped.

You must know the more press a player gets and the more big clubs he is linked to, the more interest it generates in the player. Of course people in football know Randy exists but this makes him 'hot, someone people are talking about.

But maybe you think Motherwell are happy to see Randolph finish his contract and give him a handshake and a wave in May 2013.

Le Fondre has been the subject of Hibs rumours for months but even the majority of their messageboard posters accept that he is outwith their reach.

Would be surprised to see Nicky Law stay in League 2. I'm sure I read about Blackpool making a bid for him in January.

As for Randolph, I'd happily sell him for a million just now to give us a bit of scope to strengthen the squad.

Still early in the Summer yet for the real rumours to start circulating, but give it two more weeks then the (Links) will begin.... Other than Randy,Murphy,Humphrey and maybe Jennoe, i dont think many clubs our interested in anyone else we have at the club, the money spinner would be Randy, could expect in and around 700-900k, that would be a fare price, Murphy 400-600k, Humphrey 600-800k, Jennoe 200-400k.. with the right clubs all of the above could do well.

But to be honest if we lose any of the above we could have some real problems next season.

You must know the more press a player gets and the more big clubs he is linked to, the more interest it generates in the player. Of course people in football know Randy exists but this makes him 'hot, someone people are talking about.

But maybe you think Motherwell are happy to see Randolph finish his contract and give him a handshake and a wave in May 2013.

Like yerself Ya Bezzer I know exactly how it works.

We just seem to be disagreeing about this particular article. Motherwell FC didn't appear to be calling the shots or manipulating a situation as far as I could see.

Still early in the Summer yet for the real rumours to start circulating, but give it two more weeks then the (Links) will begin.... Other than Randy,Murphy,Humphrey and maybe Jennoe, i dont think many clubs our interested in anyone else we have at the club, the money spinner would be Randy, could expect in and around 700-900k, that would be a fare price, Murphy 400-600k, Humphrey 600-800k, Jennoe 200-400k.. with the right clubs all of the above could do well.

But to be honest if we lose any of the above we could have some real problems next season.

We can expect hee haw for Jennings because he is out of contract.

I think we'd be lucky to get £60k for Humphrey never mind 10 times that! The guy just ain't that good.

Very true, Jennings out of contract, but my rational behind the comment was what ~(Virtual) money would we get for the players mentioned.

Yes of course i forgot, Humphrey is pants, and we would accept 60K for him!

• Like 1

Agree with you here mate ,sticks in the throat a wee bit when Motherwells goalkeeping coach is touting our goalkeeper to Celtic. Get a grip on this Motherwell f.f.s. :dash2:

Do you seriously think you will personally get a say in the day to day running of the club, because you chuck a few hundred quid in?

"We have a potential staff disciplinary matter coming up, we better hurry up and phone round every man & his dug tae see how they want us tae proceed. It's serious stuff, they've invested £300".

Seriously?

Not really, no.

I know the score mate - I was being a wee tad faux dramatique

This isnt the first time this has happened recently,this time its Kerr an ex Celtic player touting Randolph for a move there,towards the end of last season we had our assistant manager an ex Hearts player telling Sutton how great a move there would be for him,what next Mcall telling Hutchinson he should move to Ibrox to take over from Davie Weir?I cant remember too many other clubs employees in the papers touting their clubs players to go elsewhere,added to that the club will still be trying to sell season tickets,i am sure seeing these types of interviews in the papers is going to convince folk to buy one,not.

An over active imagination .

Old school mate Paul Sludden played with Falkirk got released when they were relegated and he went to Australian side Altony City SC now on a trial with Brisbane roar in A-League.. at Falkirk as a youth player then on the fringes he was 25k a year.

Best away strip ever

agreed! no wonder he picked our top !!

See on FPC someone has posted that there is a strong rumour that we have all but signed another ex-Well player.

I suspect that this site would explode if the rumour turns out to be accurate.

It's none other than ....................................................

Marc Fitzpatrick.

On the subject of Randolph and some people saying get a grip Motherwell etc... its a good move by Motherwell to try get some publicity for Randolph and a possible move... we have a good enough goal keeper to replace him and 2 young but looking like good prospects to back him up... it makes perfect sense to cash in if the opportunity arises then we can the use the money in other areas of the team that are lacking which then could lead to the possibilities of a higher finish and European football and the financial gain! From a business point of view well played, lets hope Celtic bite.. hes a good keeper(sometimes he has had some howlers too) but we can afford to let him go if the price is right!