2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

I caught a big fuck off Pike.

The argument always stands. If Gary Kenneth can get a game for Scotland then why not Reynolds?

Because Gary Kenneth at least has the build of a centre half and a bit of physical presence about him. He's a dreadful footballer but at least he can be put in the 'no nonsense centre half' bracket so I suspect that's what swings it for Kenneth. Mark Reynolds is far too leightweight for that position and if I had a choice between him or Kenneth at CB in my team I'd pick Kenneth.

Cup final a heard some belters like folk shouting SHOOOOOOOOOT when we had the baw at the half way line etc

To be fair, that's funnier than wanting to sing songs about Robbie Fowler.

Because Gary Kenneth at least has the build of a centre half and a bit of physical presence about him. He's a dreadful footballer but at least he can be put in the 'no nonsense centre half' bracket so I suspect that's what swings it for Kenneth. Mark Reynolds is far too leightweight for that position and if I had a choice between him or Kenneth at CB in my team I'd pick Kenneth.

That statement is exactly why Scottish football is in the mess its in. We think because Kenneth is big then he is a defender. Lets not worry about the fact he can't pass and most of his tackles are assualts.

Reynolds is not a bad player. He was part of one of the best Motherwell teams of recent years and has played 166 games at SPL level.

That statement is exactly why Scottish football is in the mess its in. We think because Kenneth is big then he is a defender. Lets not worry about the fact he can't pass and most of his tackles are assualts.

Reynolds is not a bad player. He was part of one of the best Motherwell teams of recent years and has played 166 games at SPL level.

I'm not saying I rate Kenneth atall, far from it. But while his only asset is his size, Reynolds' is his pace and while Kenneth as you say can't pass and most of his tackles are assaults, Reynolds can't pass and most of his tackles, with the exception of the odd decent on, are powderpuff and he's shoved about by opposition strikers.

There isn't a 'good' centre half between the two of them, but Kenneth's 'style' if you can call it that is far more suited to the game in this country than Reynolds' is.

Reynolds can't pass and most of his tackles, with the exception of the odd decent on, are powderpuff and he's shoved about by opposition strikers.

Did you just decide this last week?

Reynolds is a good footballer. Yes he has made a few mistakes as a defender, but who hasn't. You seem to forget the games where he has strolled through and looked like the 1 million pound player he was at the time.

There are far too many people on here who seem to focus on the negative sides of Reynolds game, while totally bypassing the brilliant attributes he has as a footballer.

A fickle bunch you lot.

• Like 2

I'm not saying I rate Kenneth atall, far from it. But while his only asset is his size, Reynolds' is his pace and while Kenneth as you say can't pass and most of his tackles are assaults, Reynolds can't pass and most of his tackles, with the exception of the odd decent on, are powderpuff and he's shoved about by opposition strikers.

There isn't a 'good' centre half between the two of them, but Kenneth's 'style' if you can call it that is far more suited to the game in this country than Reynolds' is.

I find that assessment of Reynolds astonishing.

I'm not saying he was a world beater - but fuck sake . . . . .

Thought I'd add this to the thread.

Las has tweeted he's been at Faddy's house trying to get him to sign for the Well but believes wages could be an issue.

Surely with Fowler and Faddy we'd win the SPL and they can share a bit of the profit from the Champions League slot that would give us.

whistling.gifcheers.gif

Whit :doh: Why would you want someone that bad anywhere near a football team, you could go to any ground and get thousands of guy's with a physical presence about them but who cant play football, Kenneth is in that category.

I wouldn't put Kenneth in that bracket at all, he belongs in the "Clumsy-as-fuck" or "Thick-as-shit" bracket. Most of Kenneth's fouls are a result of poor positioning, lack of ability to read a situation and through clumsy touches of the ball. That to me means he's closer to the "full of nonsense" than "no nonsense" defending.

• Like 1

Absolutely no chance of Fowler coming to Motherwell.

Not that he needs the money given his property portfolio.

He would put bums on seats though. Sell a few season tickets

He wasn't very popular at Cardiff couple of seasons back. Fans felt he was taking the wages but always seemed to be injured.