2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

On the subject of Randolph and some people saying get a grip Motherwell etc... its a good move by Motherwell to try get some publicity for Randolph and a possible move... we have a good enough goal keeper to replace him and 2 young but looking like good prospects to back him up... it makes perfect sense to cash in if the opportunity arises then we can the use the money in other areas of the team that are lacking which then could lead to the possibilities of a higher finish and European football and the financial gain! From a business point of view well played, lets hope Celtic bite.. hes a good keeper(sometimes he has had some howlers too) but we can afford to let him go if the price is right!

No we don't hope Celtic bite.

If it was a deliberate publicity attempt - which it wasn't we would be hoping to alert an English team.

If you think Stewart Kerr went to the Daily Record in an orchestrated attempt to try and raise widespread transfer interest in Darren Randolph then I think your heid's up your arse.

I think we simply witnessed an ex Celtic goalie giving his honest view and letting his guard down a little.

Simple as that.

On the subject of Randolph and some people saying get a grip Motherwell etc... its a good move by Motherwell to try get some publicity for Randolph and a possible move... we have a good enough goal keeper to replace him and 2 young but looking like good prospects to back him up... it makes perfect sense to cash in if the opportunity arises then we can the use the money in other areas of the team that are lacking which then could lead to the possibilities of a higher finish and European football and the financial gain! From a business point of view well played, lets hope Celtic bite.. hes a good keeper(sometimes he has had some howlers too) but we can afford to let him go if the price is right!

Must admit I only saw the highlights of the Celtic game, but I doubt we can rate Hollis as "good enough" on the back of one performance when he conceded four goals. If we lose Randolph we definitely need to sign a keeper. Cammy Bell is out of contract, I'd take him.

Without him it would have been our biggest defeat of the season, maybe all time :P yeah true.. got to agree but I don't think randy is all that good either, he has been hyped up to no end but at times he has made some costly mistakes, just like ruddy I don't think we would have trouble replacing him... if we make some money off him that will benefit us great!

Shame Mark Reynolds hasn't proved a hit at Hillsborough. He was a very decent player at Motherwell, playing for Scotland U 21's and attracting a £1M from Rangers, (which we foolishly turned down). No disrespect to Wed, but I think he took the wrong option going there. OK, the money would have been a huge incentive, but Wed have been in a low ebb in recent years.

Although my English team has been Leeds for almost 40 year I do like to see Yorkshire Clubs doing well, (except for S.U.F.C.). I followed Motherwell to a pre-season friendly at Brammall Lane in the early 80's and we weren't exactly welcomed with open arms - clenched fists more like, so I've hated the Blades ever since.

Like many other posts above, I wouldn't take MR back.

got to agree but I don't think randy is all that good either, he has been hyped up to no end but at times he has made some costly mistakes, just like ruddy I don't think we would have trouble replacing him...

:doh:

Really believe that? If and when he goes will we replace him? Aye. But you honestly think he is "not all that good". Randy is probably on the top end of what we could ever wish to have play for us in the keepers stakes unless we find the next top keeper in our youth system..

As for mistakes, I bet he has actually made less mistakes this season than some of the top keepers in the world. While being a lot more worked.

:doh:

Really believe that? If and when he goes will we replace him? Aye. But you honestly think he is "not all that good". Randy is probably on the top end of what we could ever wish to have play for us in the keepers stakes unless we find the next top keeper in our youth system..

As for mistakes, I bet he has actually made less mistakes this season than some of the top keepers in the world. While being a lot more worked.

Spot on. I hope your at the old 'leg pull' Motherwell89 as in the space of a day you have talked up Casagolda and talked down Randolph. If your not then God help ye :D

someone has to defend casa!

Our defence just seemed really badly organized at times last season and we shipped so many goals, i know its the whole teams job but I mean it wouldn't be so hard to replace him.. someone would come along and be even better.. we are motherwell P

I'd say our ability to score was more dodgy than our ability to keep them out. OK we conceded 60 league goals - more than anyone bar Hibs, but we only scored 40 goals - less than anyone above us and ICT. The fact we conceded an astronomical amount against Rangers in the league, against the others we didn't do too badly. Including under Randolph in the league drawing 2-2 over three games with Celtic.

It did not help that we had a habit at times of not having due to injury/suspension/resting players the same back 4 every week - hell even the same two centre backs. Randolph will not be easily replaced by the same quality unless another up and comer in England wants to come north for the money we would pay them.

Our defence just seemed really badly organized at times last season and we shipped so many goals, i know its the whole teams job but I mean it wouldn't be so hard to replace him.. someone would come along and be even better.. we are motherwell P

That's the kind of flippant attitude you get from having been spoiled rotten with good goalkeeping for the last two years. You need a wee dose of 'heart in your mouth' Buzz goalkeeping every time a cross came into the box.......and I thought Buzz was a good keeper.

Eh ? is 19 shutouts not a record? And a quarter of our goals against were lost v the h**s