Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

If the people responsible for bringing a drum, flags, banners etc. into the ground have the common courtesy and maturity to contact the Club they are visiting BEFORE the game to gain permission and iron out any difficulties with their staff, yet STILL get refused entry after they appear to be given the thumbs up, I'm not sure what they are doing up in Dundee. Very disappointing to hear.

X2 Maybe also worth contacting MFC to pursue this issue through club channels. This very point needs emphasising.

I actually thought they were alright on it. They corrected themselves when Jim Spence said that Rangers are 10 points clear, and kept pointing out that Motherwell were 2nd, and even promoted Motherwell splitting the OF as a (slightly patronising IMO) discussion topic. It's a lot better than the OF wank-fest that is Clyde 1 SuperScoreboard. Only problem is that instead of slurring weegies they have slurring teuchters who are even more indecipherable!

Anyone want to own up to being 'Motherwell fan Jamie on his way home from the game'?

No me...although I suspect he works for the BBC :pleasantry:

It was very noticeably quieter in the away end yesterday. I think it's shocking that these tin pot hitler's can get away with stopping people, who are only there to enjoy themselves and support their team, from doing so. We do have to take this further. These people are killing the game, by their attitude, and they have to be stopped.

With regards gaining access to stadia , kick up a stink by contacting United, Motherwell , SPL , Tayside Police and the media.

This sort of attitude is what turns fans away from the game. Treating the fans like shit on their shoe!!

I think this group of fans should be encouraged as it certainly adds atmosphere to the games. It really annoys me when people blame Health & Safety instead of saying ' I DONT WANT TO LET YOU IN !!' .

Are you going to throw the drum at the home fans ? Beat them with a drumstick?

Are you Steelboys internet forum minder?:whistling:

No. I think if there is anybody on here that I have argued with the most it would be Steelboy (Jim Gannon, the SFA, Celtic paranoia being amongst the disagreements).

The point I was trying to make is this. All you uber fans out there have this idea that some fans would like nothing more than to see players, managers, the club fail. This my friend is bullshit. It goes against the very notion of following a team.

Yes fans get frustrated, yes they may not support in the way they could, yes they are a fickle bunch but ultimately every Well fan out there wants to see the club be success and if Higdon starts banging in the goals every Well fan would delighted.

Unfortunately that goes against the conspiracy theories guy's like you like to perpetuate but I stand by my initial comment. The fact that you think that some fans see Higdon as the anti-christ is utter pish!!

The fact that I am currently at -6 for making the point says it all really. Some people have strange ideas. Next you will be telling me that the FBI shot Kennedy and that there is a one world government responsible for blowing up the twin towers.

• Like 2

With regards gaining access to stadia , kick up a stink by contacting United, Motherwell , SPL , Tayside Police and the media.

This sort of attitude is what turns fans away from the game. Treating the fans like shit on their shoe!!

I think this group of fans should be encouraged as it certainly adds atmosphere to the games. It really annoys me when people blame Health & Safety instead of saying ' I DONT WANT TO LET YOU IN !!' .

Are you going to throw the drum at the home fans ? Beat them with a drumstick?

Right I,m goin to spend all my time tomorrow night phonin up Radio Clyde an Real Radio phone ins and lettin them know exactly what happened and if everyone does the same that will increase the chances of gettin live on air.

Right I,m goin to spend all my time tomorrow night phonin up Radio Clyde an Real Radio phone ins and lettin them know exactly what happened and if everyone does the same that will increase the chances of gettin live on air.

Good idea, but can whoever originally liaised with MFC who in turn spoke with United, bring this to MFC's attention, can't imagine they will be too happy to hear that despite official clearance, the lads were still refused.

A great impressive result today that I didn't really expect - well done to the team :thumbup:

Another couple of things that have impressed me reading about the guys refused entry was the way that guys not in the singing section missed the drums and flags, the way the guys handled themselves when not allowed in and the fact they had spare gear to make an improptue banner - well done lads :notworthy:

The banner was already in the bag due to some other goings on lately. made it even more appropriate though that we couldn't get anything in though and had to sneak it and ourselves in the home end.

I like the idea someone posted earlier about writing to Stephen Thompson. If it was me, I'd keep it nice and civil, telling him how much the fans have enjoyed out visits over the years. Then give him the details of the arrangements that were made with the club for banners, flags etc.

Then express disappointment about how after all the organisation was in place, how you were treated and ended up not entering the ground. Finally point out how, in the current climate, alienating supporters and missing out on the gate money etc. is not a great idea.

Thompson seems like a solid footballing man and a smart business man, so he might well take the reasoned criticism on board.

I'm sure someone from the group has already thought of this, so feel free to ignore :)

• Like 1

Haha, Thompson wants nothing to do with the club and is desperate to ditch it, as the story goes. So I dunno about the 'football man' chat, but he always comes across as a sensible bloke, definitely worthwhile.

I like the idea someone posted earlier about writing to Stephen Thompson. If it was me, I'd keep it nice and civil, telling him how much the fans have enjoyed out visits over the years. Then give him the details of the arrangements that were made with the club for banners, flags etc.

Then express disappointment about how after all the organisation was in place, how you were treated and ended up not entering the ground. Finally point out how, in the current climate, alienating supporters and missing out on the gate money etc. is not a great idea.

Thompson seems like a solid footballing man and a smart business man, so he might well take the reasoned criticism on board.

I'm sure someone from the group has already thought of this, so feel free to ignore :)

This. Are one of the affected going for it...? Might be good to draft a letter on here first...?

No. I think if there is anybody on here that I have argued with the most it would be Steelboy (Jim Gannon, the SFA, Celtic paranoia being amongst the disagreements).

The point I was trying to make is this. All you uber fans out there have this idea that some fans would like nothing more than to see players, managers, the club fail. This my friend is bullshit. It goes against the very notion of following a team.

Yes fans get frustrated, yes they may not support in the way they could, yes they are a fickle bunch but ultimately every Well fan out there wants to see the club be success and if Higdon starts banging in the goals every Well fan would delighted.

Unfortunately that goes against the conspiracy theories guy's like you like to perpetuate but I stand by my initial comment. The fact that you think that some fans see Higdon as the anti-christ is utter pish!!

The fact that I am currently at -6 for making the point says it all really. Some people have strange ideas. Next you will be telling me that the FBI shot Kennedy and that there is a one world government responsible for blowing up the twin towers.

you obviously dont sit anywhere near me..........I'm convinced that the folk in front of me dont watch the game, they only watch Higdon, its fucking pathetic.

Knowing Steelboy as I do, I'd imagine that he is hugely delighted by yesterdays result, doesnt cover the fact that he knows the square root of fuck all when making a snap decision on a centre-forwards ability and its nice to remind him about that.

It's disappointing these fans are so vocal and to the extent that its got the management and squad talking about the booing and the media also reporting it.

Do they have the right to be delighted when we win via a Lasley strike and a Higdon double.

Do they fuck.

They should have a wee quiet word with themselves and go to the next game and contribute positively to the support.