Rangers Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

No matter what anyone says about being third in the league its another pitiful performance against a shite OF side. Played Rangers twice so far 6-0 in agg and it could have been much worse. That team today couldnt string 2 passes together and I think Lasley aside genuinely didnt look like they gave a fuck. Slow, sluggish, uninterested and pish poor. Of course I am happy at being third but I am fucking raging at lying down again to that team.

Just out of a matter of interest, in the game time he has had so far, does anyone think that Hughes deserves an extended stay. I certainly dont. He has added nothing and has provided nothing that we couldnt have got from Carswell, Forbes, Page against Hibs and Hearts or Humphrey or Daley today.

• Like 1

Dont think we are being fare to the players really, yes gutting result but, we played some good stuff, and kept them at bay for long periods, silly mistakes in defence have cost us. Second half was much better than the first, but as highlighted mistakes cost us.

Still got two games in hand, on a poor run of form but still in the top 3, so surely due a result soon.

Still got two games in hand, on a poor run of form but still in the top 3, so surely due a result soon.

Two games in hand aren't guaranteed points though. We were looking poor against Hibs before the game was halted, and Dunfermline will come to Fir Park with the same mindset as the likes of St Mirren which has caused us problems already.

We need to rectify our home form if we want to finish third or fourth. It's really that simple.

No matter what anyone says about being third in the league its another pitiful performance against a shite OF side. Played Rangers twice so far 6-0 in agg and it could have been much worse. That team today couldnt string 2 passes together and I think Lasley aside genuinely didnt look like they gave a fuck. Slow, sluggish, uninterested and pish poor. Of course I am happy at being third but I am fucking raging at lying down again to that team.

Just out of a matter of interest, in the game time he has had so far, does anyone think that Hughes deserves an extended stay. I certainly dont. He has added nothing and has provided nothing that we couldnt have got from Carswell, Forbes, Page against Hibs and Hearts or Humphrey or Daley today.

Were you at the game?

I get your point with Hughes though. He is a luxury player - even if he is on a pay per play basis.

Lasley aside genuinely didnt look like they gave a fuck. Slow, sluggish, uninterested and pish poor. Of course I am happy at being third but I am fucking raging at lying down again to that team.

I wasnt at the game so cant say too much about individual performances, but the commentators made it sound like hutchy had a good game.

I agree about hughes

Anyone know how many performances and losses Craigan, Lasley and Hammell have notched up against Rangers.

Three terrific Motherwell servants but their confidence must have shot to pieces years ago with regards taking on the old firm and rangers in particular. These guys are the very fabric of the club but I doubt we will ever get a result at Ibrox during their remaining years.

Just back from Ibrox and all I can say today is thank fuck for Darren Randolph today as without him that was easily another 6-0 thumping.

Another pathetic display from us against what was a poor Rangers side. We never looked as though we would even give them a game of it never mind take something today as we stood off them and made it easy for them - as we always do. Up front we just have nothing, no threat, nothing to suggest we might actually create anything and it is a minor miracle that that team is sitting 3rd in the table, but I expect we won't be there much longer.

Pish Motherwell, just pish.

• Like 2

Hughes has contributed less than Gow so far, and we never missed him when he left. If he wants to stay he needs to show alot more, and given his contract has expired, he's maybe not going to get any more chances.

Carswell would have been better suited today, as he offers more dig. He should be getting more game time, given that he is our future.

Moving Hateley again never worked. Lets just keep him at right back, where he is miles better.

Punting the ball to Higdon aint going to work, as a) he has no support & b) the refs wont allow him to compete for the ball, for some reason. He certainly does not get a fair crack with the refs, something the st mirren fans warned us about.

No I wasn't but I watched the full game if that's ok????

A luxury player right enough which we cannot afford to have at the moment.

Sooooooo defensive Sieb. It was a simple Q. If you were at the game and saw what your comments describe, then it is rather depressing we turned in another insipid performance against Rangers.

piss poor performance think that was the worst ive ever seen stevie hammell play but most of the team looked petrified of the ball.

looked like we should have had a penalty in the build up to their 3rd goal. Clear contact on Daley should have been given and they score 10 seconds later :dash2:

i thought we were better in the first half when we had hughes and murphy on than in the second when they went off and i thought the same at tynecastle. law and hateley were useless in the first half and although hateley got a bit better law was anonymous for the entire 90 but he seems to be mccall fave so he'll always play.

i see where lobey is coming from regarding craggs, lasley and hammell but big hutchy seems to suffer the most at ibrox. he cost us the first two goals today with terrible attempts to win 50/50s with edu and has had a mare every time he has played there.

we've failed to score in 8 of our 20 league games which is piss poor. higdon up front alone isn't working, he offers nothing and constantly commits pointless fouls. you've got to wonder what mccall is thinking about with his halftime changes, humphrey hasn't a kick of the ball any time he has ever been up against papac but we put him on anyway. hopefully we can get him moved on during this window and bring in someone competent.

mccall needs to do something to freshen things up. if we keep this 4-5-1 shite up we'll be bottom six before long.

• Like 1

Scoreline - expected

Performance - pathetic

Despite the o.g. Craigan was our best outfield player.

I cant remember us making 5 passes in a row all game or keeping the ball for more than 20 seconds without giving it away.

Our 1st half tactic of punt the ball to higdon was chronic.

Jennings was missed big time.

- We were shite.

- Rangers were better, but still terrible as far as an Old Firm side goes. Celtic will win the league at a canter.

- I hate h**s. Especially those on the train proclaiming Motherwell as 'God's country' despite on their way home from supporting the scum.

- Censoring the word 'h**s' should be abandoned on here on account of being bent.

Those are the main points from today.

Gutless performance especially after the opening couple of minutes in the second half.

For the past few games the only time Hammell seems to find a 'Well player is when he shys the ball to him. The best we got from him today was kicking it out of play, time for Carswell or Page.

At least McCall had the honesty to concede that the team were crap today and refreshingly for him it wasn't down to Rangers being a better team.