Ojamaa

CoF

His work rate is good and he will chase down everything but he is a greedy wee shite, he wants to try to score every time he is heading for goal, which is not a bad thing and being honest if he did we would not be having this debate. But the problem for me is that he needs to look up now and again and realise that sometimes there are other players better placed than him to score or continue the move.

I like his style and application and i think that he is an assest to the team, but thats the problem he needs to familiarise himself with the concept of a team and pass the ball more often.

• Like 1

He's a tireless worker, but his awareness so far this season has been poor. However, I don't feel he can be blamed for anything last night. It wasn't vintage OJ, but it wasn't is worst game. The best chance we had to make a game of it was when Humphrey got in behind and should have squared it to either Ojamaa, Law, Murphy or Higdon, but he chose to pass it to their goalie.

But that's where the difference has been in the Euro games. Decision making at key moments has cost us, which is partly down to the amount of youth in the side, as well as naivety of how the Euro game is played. While Pana and Levante used delay tactics and were always in the refs ear, we try to do things too quickly and let decisions get the better of us. The Greks had a few mid 20s and over 30s while McCall's side averaged about 23/24. It's a learning curve for the likes of Ojamaa, Cummins, Kerr etc. things will come good in the league, OJ just needs a goal or an assist and he'll be back to his best.

Starting Sunday.

• Like 1

I mentioned this in my own thread before, there are definate issues between the players.

Was that the thread about where him and Murphy supposedly don't get on, despite him being about the first to congratulate him for both his goals on Saturday with much back-slapping and heaving him into the air?

One might have thought if there was as strong a mutual dislike between the players he might well have just trotted back into position no?

• Like 7

Not sure if everyone saw last night when OJ was taken off he headed straight to dressing room and when McCall turned around and saw him, he chased up the tunnel after him and two minutes later OJ came back and sat in the dug out. Not sure what was said but McCall obviously wasn't pleased with his attitude on or off the park, maybe needs to be dropped to allow him to 're-adjust' his attitude. OJ apart from the odd 5 minutes here and there has been pretty poor and IMO his attitude stinks, obvious to everyone that he is not happy. Get yir finger out Henrik

Not sure if everyone saw last night when OJ was taken off he headed straight to dressing room and when McCall turned around and saw him, he chased up the tunnel after him and two minutes later OJ came back and sat in the dug out. Not sure what was said but McCall obviously wasn't pleased with his attitude on or off the park, maybe needs to be dropped to allow him to 're-adjust' his attitude. OJ apart from the odd 5 minutes here and there has been pretty poor and IMO his attitude stinks, obvious to everyone that he is not happy. Get yir finger out Henrik

Keith Lasley was taken off against St Johnstone and headed straight up the tunnel.

It was later established that he wasn't well and that was the reason for it.

Ojaama may have a perfectly valid reason for his brief visit to the dressing room, but it's probably best to wildly speculate and castigate the guy I suppose....

• Like 1

He didn't play particularly well but he is the only one in the team with a bit of energy about him, he made a number of runs in the second half but no-one played the ball in, that applied to Murphy as well, he made a number of runs and the ball was never played over the defender

Kris-A-Goalda we try to do things too quickly

What game were you watching ???

We are so pedestrian when we get the ball the other team have all the time in the world to get back and then we play 20 passes across the park or back to the defence before somebody makes an arse of it and gives it away.

Against both Pana and last night against Levante we lost goals because we lost the ball outside their box and with no fuss and a couple of decent passes they were through our defence and scored,

We have absolutely no penetration whatsoever especially against technically superior teams who know how to close down space and defend.

Anyway I believe it will be 30 deg in Valencia next Thursday so remember the suntan screen lads.

Mon the Dossers.

What Ojamaa needs more than anything. A midfielder who can pass forward, between defenders. All this possession football fails because for some reason we have to pass to our wide men to cross.... Even though 9/10 there is a better pass on... Mainly cause Ojamaa has peeled off his defender.

Sometimes it seems our team is too scared to go for a killer ball, instead we move side to side with no real plan of what to do next then we just pass it back a across the field.

• Like 2

What Ojamaa needs more than anything. A midfielder who can pass forward, between defenders. All this possession football fails because for some reason we have to pass to our wide men to cross.... Even though 9/10 there is a better pass on... Mainly cause Ojamaa has peeled off his defender.

Sometimes it seems our team is too scared to go for a killer ball, instead we move side to side with no real plan of what to do next then we just pass it back a across the field.

Like Nicky Law? Who instead of playing further forward where he's most effective was playing like a holding midfielder last night. I've said it before, I'd get Law out of centre mid and back to a more advanced position. He's the most creative player we have and we're wasting him where he is in my opinion.

Oh and our best chance from last night came from Ojamaa making a good run in behind the Levante defence after he was spotted and slid through by...Nicky Law. Only and excellent last ditch tackle prevented what looked like a certain equalizer.

1345801720[/url'>' post='357214']

Kris-A-Goalda we try to do things too quickly

What game were you watching ???

We are so pedestrian when we get the ball the other team have all the time in the world to get back and then we play 20 passes across the park or back to the defence before somebody makes an arse of it and gives it away.

Against both Pana and last night against Levante we lost goals because we lost the ball outside their box and with no fuss and a couple of decent passes they were through our defence and scored,

We have absolutely no penetration whatsoever especially against technically superior teams who know how to close down space and defend.

Anyway I believe it will be 30 deg in Valencia next Thursday so remember the suntan screen lads.

Mon the Dossers.

Fast was maybe the wrong word, what I meant was, the players weren't taking the time to play the game at their own tempo. Moreso against Pana. Eg, we get a free kick, they keep hold of ball, kick it away, moan at ref delay it to regroup. They get free kick, we back away, give them the ball back, allowing them to dictate the pace. Pana game, there were two or three free kicks in the middle of the park, that Law or Las took too quickly and just gave away possession, when taking a beat to. Alm things down would have been more beneficial. I agree we lack penetration, but a lot of that is due to trying to play the game too quickly. Balls up the right catching Humph on his heels, from Hately and Law last got went right out the park as well. In the SPL, we get away with it, but in Europe that kind of naivety has cost us.

How come the players who performed so well to finish third are suddenly all shite in the eyes of many?

I genuinely think I've read almost every player being dismissed as not good enough.

They win as a team and lose as a team. Ojaama and Higdon linked up well at times last season and can do again, he also linked well with Humphrey, Law and Murphy.

• Like 1

Don't like to single players out for criticism but this guy Ojamaa's attitude fucking stinks. After yet another piss poor display tonight he storms straight up the tunnel after being deservedly subbed.

He's a fucking chancer who's living on the reputation he gained during his first month at the club.

You seem very sure that he stormed off up the tunnel "in the huff". I'd like to think that had he been throwing a hissy fit McCall wouldn't be long in straightening him out.

I'd wager that any storming around that he does is more frustration and disappointment in his own performance. He's the kind of player who looks as though he busts a gut to win every game, even to the point of trying to win games on his own.

He's young, and he'll learn how the game works, but I'm happy to see a Motherwell player storming up that tunnel raging at losing a game.

Because a notable percentage of Motherwell fans are completely clueless about football.

Indeed. The level of gobshite on this forum in recent times is getting out of control. So much that it's getting pretty difficult to maintain an interest reading, sifting through all the fucking nonsense.

And this is from a clueless fuck who's never kicked a ball in his life, since that seems to count for much on here!!

• Like 2

Not one of his better games. I prefer remembering the way he ran his heart out for the team at Killie last week.

I think OJ, is a cracking little player, lots of pace, full of tricks, yes greedy at times, and pretty frustrating, but overall in my start eleven most weeks...

He is the complete opposite to Higgy, so therefore important.

At this rate, think he will score as many as Higgy this season.

I liked OJ and Murphy up top last season, maybe Mchugh with OJ.