Surely Thats An End To The Bitching

ankles

Surely our resident moaners,doubters and manic depressives must have been delighted with today.We are never gonna win every game,sometimes we'll be pish but 10/10 for the players and managment for the great season so far, maybe the negative nancys can gie it a rest till the end of the seaon,here's hoping.

Mon The Well

• Like 8

Well it sounds like the players are doin their bit to turn things around so lets hope ALL the fans can get behind them for the rest of the season. Let's be honest how many people were expecting us to be 6 points clear in third place at this point in the season??? What a great achievement in itself!

I just wish we could get more supporters to turn out. I know there are many reasons but hopefully some of the regulars can talk some of our armchair fans into coming back to a few home games for the run in to the end of the season. Would be great to qualify for europe as 3rd palce team!

• Like 1

Here here.

Strange thing today was a guy who stands beside me at all the games and who spends most of his time moanin about Higgy turns round on 60 mins and says "we're missing the big man today" Ye just cannae win!!!

The Higdon haters will still hate Higdon, the Forbes haters will still hate Forbes.

We have won 2 home games on a trot, what happens if we lose the next 2?

Enjoy the good times when we have the good times and remember you can't change somebody's opinion.

Only they can change it.

We are Motherwell, our fans are our fans. we all have different opinions.

And the world keeps turning.

Well it sounds like the players are doin their bit to turn things around so lets hope ALL the fans can get behind them for the rest of the season. Let's be honest how many people were expecting us to be 6 points clear in third place at this point in the season??? What a great achievement in itself!

I just wish we could get more supporters to turn out. I know there are many reasons but hopefully some of the regulars can talk some of our armchair fans into coming back to a few home games for the run in to the end of the season. Would be great to qualify for europe as 3rd palce team!

OK, here's how it works.

If you play crap and don't win you get criticized.

If you play crap and don't win consecutively you get even more criticism.

If you play crap and don't win for a long period you get some serious abuse.

However,

If you win you get praise.

If you play well and win you get more praise.

If you win consecutively you get even more praise

If you play well and win over a period of matches you get praised to the hilt.

Hopefully now everyone will understand the whole criticism/praise thing.

it's impossible to erase the scars of killie (h), dundee utd (h), st mirren (h), hearts (a) ict (h) but hopefully the manager realises that 2 up front is the way forward and we won't have to suffer again.

there were complaints because we were dire. there won't be any when we're good.

• Like 1

Out of those 5 games listed we only lost 2. No matter what has happened in the league this season there is currently NOTHING to moan about when you are six points clear in 3rd place with only 14 games left.

See where we are right now. That is as GOOD as it is ever going to get in the league. Unless Rangers get a massive points deduction sometime very soon (unlikely). If this can't be enjoyed then expectations are miles too high.

• Like 3

it's impossible to erase the scars of killie (h), dundee utd (h), st mirren (h), hearts (a) ict (h) but hopefully the manager realises that 2 up front is the way forward and we won't have to suffer again.

Indeed. Many a night I'm awoken quivvering unable to get back to sleep as the mental image of Jim Goodwin firing in that shot plays over and over in my head.....

Scars? Just a shade over-dramatic there steelboy.

Every game I'll make my way out of the East Stand, talking about the game, then thinking immediately ahead to the next one. It's gone, sod all you can do about it apart from try to get it right next time. Unless we beat Barcelona 10-0 in the Champions League Final folk will still give it the anti-support. For abusing your own players is exactly that.

I am sitting in the main stand (right next to Tam Cowan :)) and next to my gf is a dude sitting for many years now who seriously needs a reality check. In 7 season's he is only complaining, not a single good word towards the team. I had an argue with him only once and told him to get to Feck as he is completly annoying. It worked for half a game. People around us have asked him, if he actually enjoys coming to Fir Park cause he only complains. Only for my gf's sake i am not standing up and giving this arsehole pure abuse as he is doing my tits in. My gf is just not that kind of person who likes an argue.

Yesterday it took him 30 seconds to complain about a pass going backwards... Kept complaining about backpasses when we were 3-1 up... For some people you simply can not do right.

If anyone knows him, do me a favour and tell him to fuck right off, he sits in row d, probably seat 80 or 81.... Fucking arsehole!

Scars? Fuck sake!

You know your argument is pish so are trying to gloss it over and make it sound like a terrorist atrocity.

6 points clear in third place - read that steel boy and then think about yer pishy post.

• Like 1

I am sitting in the main stand (right next to Tam Cowan :)) and next to my gf is a dude sitting for many years now who seriously needs a reality check. In 7 season's he is only complaining, not a single good word towards the team. I had an argue with him only once and told him to get to Feck as he is completly annoying. It worked for half a game. People around us have asked him, if he actually enjoys coming to Fir Park cause he only complains. Only for my gf's sake i am not standing up and giving this arsehole pure abuse as he is doing my tits in. My gf is just not that kind of person who likes an argue.

Yesterday it took him 30 seconds to complain about a pass going backwards... Kept complaining about backpasses when we were 3-1 up... For some people you simply can not do right.

If anyone knows him, do me a favour and tell him to fuck right off, he sits in row d, probably seat 80 or 81.... Fucking arsehole!

Get some nuts and tell him what you think.

you should try sitting next to underboyleheating, he's not happy unless he's got something to moan about, at one match we were cursing 3 goals up and he ended up moaning about the lack of steak pies in the east stand!

how about segregation for home fans ?

The Shed for the PF - Positive Fans and the Cooper for the NF - Negative Fans.

They could throw pies and darts at each other across the corner and the cops could shut off the junction where Fir Park Street meets Knowetop Ave so rival fans head in different directions. Then we could house the PF folks in Wishaw and beyond and the NF folks in Bellshill and Hamilton with Motherwell being left for those undecided.

Alternatively we could all get behind the Football Club that matters most to us, accept that roller-coaster ride for what it is and ensure the current and future encumbants of that famous claret and amber shirt get the vocal backing that assists them to perform to their optimum capabilities as consistantly as possible.

We aint Barcelona, and we'll be lucky to have a budget 50-75% of that of at least 5 clubs below us in the League. Last week of January and we're 6pts ahead of 4th place FFS.

Mon the 'Well

• Like 1

I really fear for the day when we start to struggle. I remember relegation from the old first division in 1968 and the years in the eighties when we were in the first division.

Then there was the administration season and then the Malpas year.

Present day fans do not know they are living.

I wonder how new supporters who have seen regular European qualification in recent years will react to a season like one of them.

If fans can get into right state bad performances at home against Dundee United, St Mirren and Inverness when we are safely in the top six just wait until we are in a relegation struggle which believe me will come some day, maybe quite soon too.

Remember Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee United have supports much bigger than us and if they all got their acts together at the same time they should be in the top six.

Enjoy what is happening just now.

You do not know what you have got until it has gone.