Motherwell Vs Rangers Discussion Thread

Ianc

There is more chance of Craig Whyte being given the freedom of Govan, than us beating this mob.

Take your pick from...

Rangers 6 - 0 Motherwell

Rangers 5 - 0 Motherwell

Rangers 4 - 0 Motherwell

Rangers 3 - 0 Motherwell

Sad, but true. If you told me Rangers were going to pick 11 'Well fans from the stand to play against us, I still reckon we'd find a way to lose against this mob

I'm waiting in hope for the day I'm proved wrong, but our record against Rangers is dire and I never expect anything more than a 2 or 3 goal defeat.

Actually slightly surprised by the amount of negativity and defeatist talk on here. Where's all the usual "aw it's the worst Rangers side since bla bla bla, they're playing shite, we're playing well bla bla bla, they're there for the taking bla bla bla, we'll never have a better chance to bla bla bla"????

It appears even some of the more optimistic Motherwell fans have accepted the sad reality of games against this lot. Motherwell do not beat Rangers and that will not change next weekend and it doesn't matter a jot that they've lost either their last four games or three out of four going into this with the possibility of them officially handing the league to Celtic if they were to beat us, Rangers will get their usual comfortable win over us on Saturday, by at least two goals.

• Like 1

You live in hope.........but the h**s seem to be playing OK today and any result today will give them a boost.

Annoyingly they have kept virtually a full squad despite being in admin and owing the taxman squillions :blink:

Annoyingly they were missing half their team when they played DDee Utd away. That said we played a team yesterday when they were missing half their squad and look what happened....

On the basis of how we played yesterday and how Rangers are playing today a draw is the best we can hope for.

We also need to hope that St J and DDee Utd stop winning every game they bloody well play :dash2:

3-2 Motherwell , Humprey Ojamma and Murphy

4-5-1 nobody on point, fast front man switching left to right and rotating with a n other every 5-10 minutes

Lots of the ball on the deck and fast movement

Tear them a new one

• Like 1

Hard to judge them on today as they played against a team who were at least a man down for 60 minutes of the game. Also, the frailities at the back became apparent at the end. Celtic had a really good spell just after Rangers went 1-0 and their defence was struggling. Without the same hype will the same performance follow? We have no idea. Today has changed nothing for me - they are a poor Rangers team. But they do have better players than us and whatever else is going on we need to accept if they play as they can they'll win. United got them on a great day; they imploded against Hearts and were dire v Killie. I'm no more or less confident than I was at 1250pm.

Two one to us. Rangers to score within the first ten minutes, we'll huff and puff til half time and get nowhere. McCall will then deliver an Al Pacino-esque speech at half time and we'll pummel them in the second half with Ojamaa and Higdon bagging the goals!

Two one to us. Rangers to score within the first ten minutes, we'll huff and puff til half time and get nowhere. McCall will then deliver an Al Pacino-esque speech at half time and we'll pummel them in the second half with Ojamaa and Higdon bagging the goals!

Lets hope they end up having to shift that movie from the fiction section to real life drama!