2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Find it hilarious that folk think the reason we've missed out is because of 'publicity'. Do you really imagine that Hearts were unaware of his availability until it popped up on twitter?

Im sure I heard on talksport that uefa have given the spl £1m to divide between the clubs for celtic making group stage. With wages freed up, 2 euro ties at home with a premium gate....why are we still fannying about with trying to get in a couple of players?

Honest to fuck, the reserved approach has cost us a better chance to progress in europe, a chance at faddy, and a decent spl signing. We need answers! The board appear to be gambling that the current squad is good enough for top 6, rather than trying to improve.

The clubs reputation is going to take a doing amongst players / agents.

:doh:

every deal mccoist makes, really shows what a shambles scottish football is and what a useless manager he is! How they've managed to escape severe sanctions by the revenue is baffling, as by their own accounts they are the same club, with same history, just dont mention the bad bits! Afterall they are still spending money they dont actually have.

Still cant understand why every club with debts dont just do what rangers have done.

Im sure I heard on talksport that uefa have given the spl £1m to divide between the clubs for celtic making group stage. With wages freed up, 2 euro ties at home with a premium gate....why are we still fannying about with trying to get in a couple of players?

Honest to fuck, the reserved approach has cost us a better chance to progress in europe, a chance at faddy, and a decent spl signing. We need answers! The board appear to be gambling that the current squad is good enough for top 6, rather than trying to improve.

The clubs reputation is going to take a doing amongst players / agents.

I thought the schools were back in?

SM seems by all accounts to be able to get players to buy in to his vision and then deals fall through so where should the blame be pointed. Not looking forward to tomorrow as we'll be lucky to keep the same size squad expecting at least as many out as in!

McCoist looking to bring in at least half a dozen players tomorrow.

With a deal apparently close for Templeton, I'd expect 1 or 2 'Well players to be linked with Sevco tomorrow.

Aye, wouldn't be surprised to see Hateley linked with Rangers tomorrow. Possibly a couple of others..

Would be interesting to know what we offered haggischomper. If we were holding out and.not.offering what we deemed as our best offer for him then its been a mighty mistake.

Also wonder if McCall not being involved at the later stages to talk to talk to him has hindered us.

Its the oldest trick in the book.

He wants to go back to Hearts, this agent contacts Hearts secretly and Hearts offer a package. He gets his agent to have talks with another club and makes sure it is publicized. The agent then contacts Hearts and says "my guy is close to signing to this other club, better up your offer". Hearts then increase the pacakge on offer for the player.

1) The player gets the move he wants and a better deal

2) The agent gets a better percentage

3) The club get the player they were after.

The only loser is the 'other club'.

Happens all the time, just happens it's us who are the loser this time.

He wants to go back to Hearts, this agent contacts Hearts secretly and Hearts offer a package. He gets his agent to have talks with another club and makes sure it is publicized. The agent then contacts Hearts and says "my guy is close to signing to this other club, better up your offer". Hearts then increase the pacakge on offer for the player.

I'm fine with this. I don't reckon Hearts want him.

I hope we don't acquiesce and accept him back into the fold. He had his chance, and his horse bolted.

We need to show some ambition man fs! Athens now Levante and we r only a player or 2 short of 2nd place IMO, repay the fans and get the deals done, if not I agree with the boo the board post!!!

The board that has kept us as one of the most financially stable clubs in the SPL?

No boos from me.

• Like 1

Aye. We have benefited from some creative dealings. There were howls from down south about us 'stealing' Chris Porter and Giles Coke. Plus, of course, we nicked Davie Cooper from under the noses of the Jambos.

Swings and roundabouts.

The board that has kept us as one of the most financially stable clubs in the SPL?

No boos from me.

Ok so now we r stable? We got more money than we expected through rangers demise, along with champs league and euro league games plus season ticket sales well up and yet we won't capatalise while we have a decent squad make it stronger and make ourselves SPL 2nd team? I'm not happy with that lol

Plus all the players we let go of in the summer, the wage bill is less

Edited by Burnsy1991