Spl Opener - Ross County V Motherwell

Rickoza

Maybe stating the bleeding obvious here but just on Ross County's website and unless I'm thick as shit, it looks as if entry to the game is by ticket only. Can anyone confirm if that's the case or not?. Wouldn't like anyone to travel up expecting to be able to PATG and find they need a ticket

With Fizzy at left back i'd be expecting us to focus our attack down the right hand side and put the game out of sight before half time, County will be up for a scrap but we are miles ahead of them in footballing terms and if the players go into this with the right mindset it should be a fairly comfortable victory.

With Fizzy at left back i'd be expecting us to focus our attack down the right hand side and put the game out of sight before half time, County will be up for a scrap but we are miles ahead of them in footballing terms and if the players go into this with the right mindset it should be a fairly comfortable victory.

Normally, yes. But when you look at league results of teams playing the weekend in between a 2-leg Euro tie, they tend to be pretty underwhelming. I'm sure County will looking to take advantage of that.

True enough, but our players as professional footballers are paid to cope with this kind of pressure and I dont have any doubt that if they enter the game with the correct mental attitude then the result will take care of itself.

Take your point however to me they have signed very physical players ie Tokely. I know we should have enough skill to see a victory but we don't have a good record against teams who are prepared to play that way.

I wonder too how much Tuesday and not getting injured will come into it.

Right, with the Panathinaikos game out of the way it's onwards to our first SPL game of the season.

I would personally go with same team that started last night, unless any injuries are picked up between now and Saturday. If we play anything like we did last night we should leave Dingwall with three points in the bag.

Same team as Tuesday Night, If they can show as much commitment as they did last night im sure three points are there for the taking.

It will be a great measure on how far Motherwell have progressed in the close season.

Last nights result was expected, and im sure even if they played Celtic, they would of won.

Ross County 1 Motherwell 4

I think we'll be beaten 2-1, due to a mix of fatigue, one eye on the away leg next week, and [Raith] being desperate to get off to a good start in the SPL, at home, against a big scalp evilgrin.gif.

Again, hoping to eat those words.

Edit - Infact, I'll just eat the Raith and make it Ross County... dash2.gif.

Cheers Special

I think we'll be beaten 2-1, due to a mix of fatigue, one eye on the away leg next week, and Raith being desperate to get off to a good start in the SPL, at home, against a big scalp evilgrin.gif.

Again, hoping to eat those words.

Many folks from the Shire of Ross will not be happy with that :whistling:

This game has shades of the first game of the Gannon era written all over it. Off the back of a great performance in europe - Steaua Bucharest, well the first half of that game anyways - and then onto the SPL new boys in their backyard thinking if we do the same we'll be comfy winners. We only just drew that game, thought Saints were much the better team and it took a lovely Hutchy header and a wonder strike from Forbes to get the draw. Ross County will more than be up for this game, and if we can avoid defeat we'll be doing well, a win would be a nice bonus but can say a draw would certainly not be a disheartening start to the campaign.

A very difficult game and certainly not the one I'd have chosen to open the league campaign. This will be something of a cup final for Ross County, who are my red hot tips for relegation. Even with our very limited squad, I'd hope that Stuart McCall will be able to shuffle the pack slightly.

Couldn't have got a tougher opener, Ross County will be well up for it (pardon the pun), need to be real careful. We need to keep main team fit for Athens so wonder if Stuart will change it around any.

IMO three points is the most important thing to get a winning start in SPL and let Athens return take care of itself

Play like we did against Pana and a scudding is on the cards for County, make no mistake about it. Play in 2nd gear and save something for Wednesday and the game will be a bit tougher.

After all how good can a team that contains Fraser and a defence of the Wife beater, Fitzy, Munro and Boyd be? Absolutely honking choices in defence. Murphy, Ojamaa and Higdon could have a field day in Dingwall on Saturday.