Motherwell Vs Panathinaikos

Al B

half our own fans have wrote us off.. the bookies though only giving us odds of 7/2

vs celtic/rangers we are given 1/8 even higher at times seen it vs rangers you were getting 1/14 at one point :lol:

these are the kinda odds we get going away to heats, united etc

do we go there with the "be lucky to keep it respectable", "not a snowballs chance in hell" attitude?

If we the fans don't think we can win, why should the players?

Aye they're paid to play football, but we the fans, the supporters.. have our part to to play. To encourage them to not just play.. but to win.

And what part of having a discussion on a football forum has anything to do with encouraging them on the park or not?

If any footballer goes into a game believing they have no chance because they read a few fans having a discussion about the game on the internet, then they should be no where near a career in sport.

It's a forum for discussion. There's no point in continuing it if fans have to pretend to think we'll win on here. MJC would go insane.

For what it's worth, I think we have a chance and come Tuesday after a few pre-match pints I'll be convinced we're going to romp it. But if I few folk think we'll get horsed and say that in a discussion about the game, I fail to see the issue.

You don't have to be convinced of a win to support to your team.

• Like 1

I have 2 spare tickets for the Centenary for this game. One is an Adult - £45. The other a concession - £35.

It means wearing a shirt and tie, but you get access to the pay bar, free programme and a half time pie, cake and coffee etc.

Still going to the game, but to more hallowed seats :whistling:

Naturally looking for face value = £80.

PM me if interested.

I believe the emain stand is now sold out........but now you could have 2 tickets :cheers:

Can someone getting tickets today see if we can get a running total?

My mums best friend is the ticket office manager so I'll give her a wee shout today and ask how we're getting on with sales.

I'm sure I read somewhere that we had sold over 4000 before the draw was even made.

If we do win thru, it's back in the hat with Fenerbahce, Kiev, Copenhagen + Moscow Dinamo & Braga ............. as the seeds, assuming they all win thru.

Aye if we're the only non-seeds to go through (by some miracle) then it'll be pretty much the same options as before... Braga, Spartak, Fenerbahce, Kiev and Copenhagen. This is the only downside of getting through but I could live with it in the knowledge that we're guaranteed group stages of one competition!

That being said Feyenoord and Club Brugge must be in with a good shout of going through so could be an interesting bunch of teams.

:wallbash: Am i the only one who really believes we can do this ?

I don't know what sort of odds the bookies are giving us to progress over the 2 legs but i'd put us about 20/1 so maybe 'miracle' is too strong but I think it's extremely unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I really hope it happens and if we even get a win at Fir Park I'll no doubt be nursing a serious hangover at work on Wednesday but I just can't see it.

I don't know what sort of odds the bookies are giving us to progress over the 2 legs but i'd put us about 20/1 so maybe 'miracle' is too strong but I think it's extremely unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I really hope it happens and if we even get a win at Fir Park I'll no doubt be nursing a serious hangover at work on Wednesday but I just can't see it.

I've got Wednesday off :cheers: